PDA

View Full Version : Black screen

meatclown
08-18-2016, 12:50 PM
Hi.

I've noticed other threads about this issue and I've tried the suggested fixes, to no avail. The game works flawlessly until the point at which it is joining a server, the loading screen comes from grey scale to colour and then goes black. Some times it minimises to the task bar, sometimes it outright crashes to desktop but always the black screen first. I have yet to actually experience any of the game as I can't join a server. I understand this in alpha and so I'd like to know exactly what information I can send you that might help you collate more data about this issue.

I have already submitted logs with the error reporter. I'm not sure if it's of any use as I haven't received an error notification, if anything was committed to logs then that might be of use.
Also when the game goes to a black screen it is reported as running as normal by windows task manager. I was expected to see "Program not responding".

I read in a previous thread about this topic that other users experiencing this problem had AMD graphics cards, I too have an AMD card and my first thought when I encountered this problem was that it may be a graphs related issue.

Please do let me know what information I can provide about my system that could be of use to you.

Thanks.
MC

The Fearless Hussar
08-18-2016, 06:42 PM
First of all welcome to the forum. We already have a thread for the exactly same problem but i guess it is better to get more threads about it so that it might be fixed sometime(because i have been having this game for about 20days and still cant play it). I have as i have written in my thread too the exactly same problem. According to fancy(one of the devs) the problem might be caused by a broken ui. If you arent using Windows 10 try installing the latest version of flash Player. I say if you arent using Windows 10 because Windows 10 have flash already integrated in them and automatically updated so you cant do that with Windows 10(though i have tried that and nothing happened). I would like to ask if you have tried any suggestions other than updating your gpu, rebooting your pc, reinstalling the game(both through steam and manually) , disabling your anti virus and firewall before joining a Server. I am asking because i have tried all these to no avail and i am trying to find other ways to fix this problem. I tried updating my Windows too(i have Windows 10) but that didnt help. If you try sth that eventually Works please post it in this thread and in my thread(sound but no Picture) too.

Tuffant21
08-18-2016, 08:12 PM
Hey guys, please check out this link
http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?2708-Black-Screen-Thread

meatclown
08-19-2016, 01:58 AM
@The Fearless Hussar - Thanks, I have tried all of the above so far but i'll keep you posted if I try anything new that works.

@Tuffant21 Thanks for the redirect, great work!

The Fearless Hussar
08-20-2016, 09:59 PM
MC it is fixed by Tuffant21 talk to him you will most probably be able to get your game fixed too!

Tuffant21
08-20-2016, 10:07 PM
Hey guys, check out the fix here:

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?2708-Black-Screen-Thread/page2