PDA

View Full Version : Artillery

Legion
09-29-2014, 12:09 AM
how realistic will arty be? will it require multiple people and will you have to ajust range/elavation and stuff or will it be a point and shoot thing like warband. will arty be fixed or will you be able to move them around the map?

GeorgeCrecy
09-29-2014, 04:05 AM
Hey Legion, this is a great set of questions, and I will try and answer most of them.
We will have several kinds of field artillery, and all of them will need to be crewed by at least 4 people, though benefiting from having more. As for how the mechanics of aiming and firing the piece, for the moment I would say that it is a little early to say. Personally, I would more go towards the manual adjustments, but at the same time the "point and shoot" method in Warband also has some benefits, mainly in playability and ease of use. And, as for the fixing or unfixing of artillery, it is still rather early to say. Hopefully, we can have more answers for you at a later date. :)
Thanks again for the questions Legion.

AlekoTheGreek
09-29-2014, 12:06 PM
the mount and musket system is interesting too, where there are different buttons for aiming a cannons and different for firing. which means that the cannon stayes pointed at a direction when set.

[RG]Chewie
09-29-2014, 03:37 PM
I would like to see a more realistic aiming system then to one in mount and musket. I was also thinking that the should be a server setting for minimum cannon Crew so that it could be set to one through four. I think that would help to keep the number of operable cannons up in public games.

Brandenburger
09-29-2014, 08:25 PM
I believe that the artillery system should be manual and it would take a good lot of practice to use effectively, I think it would be a good way to balance out its devastating effect if it manages to hit near or even by a line of men. I think the challenge would make it a more rewarding system.