PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Creek

PvtPalmer11pvi
09-30-2014, 09:11 PM
Well well its been a long time since I have posted. How many of you fellow Reenactors are pumped for the 150th of Cedar Creek coming up in 18 days? The schedule on the website looks amazing and it will definitely be a great time.
Anyone want to meet up to put some faces to names? or maybe do some WOR promoting ;)
Have you gotten your gear ready yet? I know I have.
Is anyone who is not a reenactor considering going to the event as well?

GeorgeCrecy
10-01-2014, 01:53 AM
Ah, how I wish that I could still be back east to take part in such activities! If you see the 97th PVI, tell em Pvt. Morningstar said hi!
Hope everyone that is going has a great time!

PvtPalmer11pvi
10-03-2014, 02:10 AM
Wish we could have you with us. If I run into the 97th I'll be sure to relay your message to them.

~Lawrence~
10-14-2014, 01:47 PM
PvtPalmer I'm going down to Cedar Creek and right now I have been to a few reenactments and done drill but have never participated in one and I also have not made up my decision on what regiment to reenact. Can I contact you for some info? I live in DE (2 min from PA).

PvtPalmer11pvi
10-14-2014, 06:35 PM
PvtPalmer I'm going down to Cedar Creek and right now I have been to a few reenactments and done drill but have never participated in one and I also have not made up my decision on what regiment to reenact. Can I contact you for some info? I live in DE (2 min from PA).

Of course and I'm sure many others on the site would be glad to help you as well

~Lawrence~
10-15-2014, 01:04 AM
Of course and I'm sure many others on the site would be glad to help you as wellThanks. Sent you a new pm since the old web went down!

PvtPalmer11pvi
10-21-2014, 02:46 PM
For those who have missed and for any of those interested I kinda through together a video from the 150th Cedar Creek. Im not an editor by any means but I tried my best with what I had.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsU1qfUFoMI

TrustyJam
10-21-2014, 03:25 PM
Nice video! Looked to be quite alot of people there. What was your role? You seemed behind the line most of the time. :p

- Trusty

PvtPalmer11pvi
10-21-2014, 03:54 PM
My role? I was lucky both days because I had a Cpl in front of me in the ranks ;) or as I called him Cpl Meat shield. We were part of the 2nd Ct on Sunday. my girlfriend got to run around with the camera so all photo and video credits go to her. I actually wanna say I over heard they had 5500 reenactors who preregistered show up not including walk ons

[RG]Chewie
10-21-2014, 05:35 PM
I was there as well and i also heard there were over 5000 reenactors there. My favorite part of the whole battle was when sheridan rode if front of the lines and everyone cheered.

PvtPalmer11pvi
10-21-2014, 06:04 PM
Chewie;4434']I was there as well and i also heard there were over 5000 reenactors there. My favorite part of the whole battle was when sheridan rode if front of the lines and everyone cheered.

Ah wasnt that something? I still loved being run out of camp

[RG]Chewie
10-21-2014, 07:49 PM
i literally sprinted out of camp lol i really felt the panic.

PvtPalmer11pvi
10-21-2014, 10:22 PM
I scrambled for my leathers and my rifle stopped to fire a volley with 5 other guys and sprinted until I passed the artillery and fired a few shots on my way to the heater house. With that many guys it really created a sense of chaos