PDA

View Full Version : Confederate and Union

Dakev
10-06-2014, 02:53 AM
How exactly will picking a faction work in game? Will you spawn and have to choose a faction for your character like in Mount & Blade? Or when you make your character you choose a faction, and for every match you are that faction?

I personally prefer it where you get to choose your faction when you make your character. Reason being is because just like in PlanetSide 2 or any other game that does that you will root more for a specific faction and get more in the vibe of having a specific team. If you go Mount and Blade style then players won't care about what side they are on as much. It won't create as much of a tension between factions in game.

Rithal
10-07-2014, 11:08 PM
I would prefer a system where you had a set character for each side. Possibly up to two for each. You can have up to two Union characters, and two Confederate characters. The unlocks or promotions, or whatever system like this that there will be, will be unlocked for the character you unlocked it with. Think Red Orchestra 2 kind of. So, this encourages you to play with a main character more, but also gives the player free reign to do whatever they choose.

MilitantMonkey
10-07-2014, 11:11 PM
Also, another example could be something like the Heroes and Generals character setup as well. You pick a side at the beginning of the war, then you are locked to that side through the war that it plays out in. I'm not really suggesting it as an idea, but naming an example of what I believe y'all are trying to get across!

Rithal
10-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Well I was thinking something like that, except you can have more than one character, but the character is locked to one side.

PvtPalmer11pvi
10-10-2014, 06:09 AM
I would prefer a system where you had a set character for each side. Possibly up to two for each. You can have up to two Union characters, and two Confederate characters. The unlocks or promotions, or whatever system like this that there will be, will be unlocked for the character you unlocked it with. Think Red Orchestra 2 kind of. So, this encourages you to play with a main character more, but also gives the player free reign to do whatever they choose.

Not a bad idea at all especially like in NW we sometimes have to galvanize so being able to have 2 set characters is a great idea. I dunno about 2 for each side but thats just my opinion. I often have wished for some kind of profile type system for NW so something like that would be a great addition to the game and really give players something to work for. But I will still play the game regardless of which direction the devs go :)

~Lawrence~
10-12-2014, 10:43 PM
Interesting idea; however, if there is regiment gameplay (which I'm sure there will be) it would be bad if a colonel of his regiment would have to lead as a private the first event because his character isn't "leveled" up high enough.

Rithal
10-13-2014, 02:25 AM
This is true. Maybe you could choose a starting rank. Like, start as a cadet and you can only advance as far as a private. Start as a sergeant and you can advance as far as sergeant major. Start a character as a second lieutenant and the farthest that character can advance would be whatever the highest rank in the game is (general or something like that). So, this way, the possible lowest rank a line can be led by is a second lieutenant. So, I propose the idea that you can start one enlisted, one non commissioned officer, and one officer for each side. Each character can only be "promoted" in their respective areas. Another twist would be if officers who were captain or higher could recognize an NCO or enlisted man for battlefield excellence and promote him to sergeant major where he is then given the ability to carry a flag to battle. Also, officers colonel or higher could be given the option to promote some enlisted men to NCO as long as they hold the rank of private, meet the required amount of battlefield experience, and any more criteria that is seen fit. The same can go for NCO's, except they are "recommended" for promotion and upon recommendation, they have the option to complete some sort of officer tutorial and are then given the rank of 2nd lieutenant. Once they complete the tutorial, then that character is now set into the officer class, but could take the option to move back down to NCO whenever he likes, but would need to be recommended again to move back to officer.

Just throwing some ideas out there and thanks for reading the wall of text ;)