PDA

View Full Version : Dxgi_error_device_hung

hockeyguy6759
09-05-2016, 10:50 PM
Message Im getting after about a minute in game, followed by the CryEngine SDK error message as its not responding. Ive updated my graphics card driver and am on Windows 8.1.

Is my graphics card just not good enough to the game?

TrustyJam
09-05-2016, 10:52 PM
Try lowering your graphics settings. What's your GPU?

- Trusty

hockeyguy6759
09-05-2016, 11:03 PM
AMD A6 5200 with Radeon 8400

Not even sure if its strong enough

hockeyguy6759
09-05-2016, 11:11 PM
By the way, theyre all on low.....unfortunately

Soulfly
09-06-2016, 06:46 AM
AMD A6 5200 with Radeon 8400

Not even sure if its strong enough

It is definitely not strong enough in my opinion. As far as i know it has only 1024 MB of memory which is way too low for any games today, you can check your performance here http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/?gid=1958&graphics=Radeon%20HD%208400 you will see that your card does not match the requirements.

Just add your CPU and RAM and check for FarCry 4

hockeyguy6759
09-06-2016, 07:18 AM
Wow, not even close, and thats just the minimum. Looks like I wont be playing until I buy a new computer. My CPU and GPU are barely halfway to where they need to be. I wish I wouldve known earlier. I couldve used that $70 I donated to put towards a new computer.

Hinkel
09-06-2016, 09:48 AM
Wow, not even close, and thats just the minimum. Looks like I wont be playing until I buy a new computer. My CPU and GPU are barely halfway to where they need to be. I wish I wouldve known earlier. I couldve used that $70 I donated to put towards a new computer.

Sorry to hear that.

But as you can see on the screenshots and videos, we are using a powerfull and modern engine.
Also, we stated in the FAQ that we are using the Cryengine.

How old is your PC, that you have such specs? :eek:

Soulfly
09-06-2016, 09:59 AM
sad indeed :( though the forum is full with examples of games you can compare WoR with

stiffstarch
09-06-2016, 03:12 PM
No wonder I can't get WOR to run....guess I'll have to wait to get my tax refund to upgrade.

hockeyguy6759
09-06-2016, 06:31 PM
No wonder I can't get WOR to run....guess I'll have to wait to get my tax refund to upgrade.

You're in the same boat. Have you played the Empire Total War MOD called American Civil War: Brothers vs Brothers?

Honestly, I think the large requirements will turn people off to this game. I understand that it takes a lot to make it look that good, but people like me who donated (And I was even looking to upgrade my donation), but can't run the game, probably wouldn't or wont donate if they can't play.

Soulfly
09-07-2016, 07:24 AM
You're in the same boat. Have you played the Empire Total War MOD called American Civil War: Brothers vs Brothers?

Honestly, I think the large requirements will turn people off to this game. I understand that it takes a lot to make it look that good, but people like me who donated (And I was even looking to upgrade my donation), but can't run the game, probably wouldn't or wont donate if they can't play.

basically this game requires the same amount of hardware of modern AAA titles, like a somewhat modern graphic card ( 4 GB memory) and appropriate RAM ( i think at least 8 GB ?)....as they have stated the games to be compared with from the very beginning, the engine they use, the amount of players they try to support and last bot not least the screenshots/ videos they shared...how could one not think about it for a minute if his system could take it or not ?

Though i cant properly read your screenshot i appears that even your CPU dont fit the requirements, so would be nice if you could answer Hinkels questions about how old your system actually is, just to get an idea about it.

Cheers

A. P. Hill
09-07-2016, 02:17 PM
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/523739/dxgi_error_device_hung-please-help

Maybe this can help?

hockeyguy6759
09-08-2016, 08:55 AM
basically this game requires the same amount of hardware of modern AAA titles, like a somewhat modern graphic card ( 4 GB memory) and appropriate RAM ( i think at least 8 GB ?)....as they have stated the games to be compared with from the very beginning, the engine they use, the amount of players they try to support and last bot not least the screenshots/ videos they shared...how could one not think about it for a minute if his system could take it or not ?

Though i cant properly read your screenshot i appears that even your CPU dont fit the requirements, so would be nice if you could answer Hinkels questions about how old your system actually is, just to get an idea about it.

Cheers

Im not completely sure how old, 2 to 3 years Id say, but it isnt a system built for this level of gaming even though I did expand it to 8 GB of RAM. I thought about it, I just forgot to check before donating, which I blame myself for, however, itll still
get me a copy of the game and at some point Ill have a new system. So Im not disappointed about the money, so much as I cant join a group and start training asap.

Soulfly
09-08-2016, 10:43 AM
Im not completely sure how old, 2 to 3 years Id say, but it isnt a system built for this level of gaming even though I did expand it to 8 GB of RAM. I thought about it, I just forgot to check before donating, which I blame myself for, however, itll still
get me a copy of the game and at some point Ill have a new system. So Im not disappointed about the money, so much as I cant join a group and start training asap.

Well your money isnt wasted indeed as there is a fair chance that you can upgrade your system appropriately...depending on your resources.

What you will definitely need is a new CPU and graphic card...by the way you are running a notebook right ? as i saw you are using a AMD A6 5200 ?

hockeyguy6759
09-08-2016, 02:59 PM
Well your money isnt wasted indeed as there is a fair chance that you can upgrade your system appropriately...depending on your resources.

What you will definitely need is a new CPU and graphic card...by the way you are running a notebook right ? as i saw you are using a AMD A6 5200 ?

Yes it is a notebook, which is why I figured it may not work, because its not as powerful, but I can run quite a few games with no trouble. Civil War Brother vs Brother is my back up go to for now.