PDA

View Full Version : Concerning transfers from North and South to War of Rights

72ndPA Vlader
09-20-2016, 04:04 AM
I am a regimental leader from a north and south independent regiment. As of right now I am unsure about transferring me and me regiment over as I am quite new to the War of Rights community. Could someone explain how they are planning on transferring their regiment over?

Thank you,
-Colonel Baxter (Vlader)
72nd Pennsylvania

ThePatriot98
09-20-2016, 04:09 AM
Hi,
I am the leader of the 11th New York, and I have made a company here in WoR. To be honest, there is nothing to worry about. I mean there is no such thing as "transfer" between the two game, I mean you just basically transition your unit into WoR. Like making a steam group for it, inviting the people from the NaS group, etc. I mean there is not really anything confusing.

FakeMessiah27
09-20-2016, 09:31 AM
Just keep in mind that what's known as a "regiment" in NW and N&S is known as a "company" in WoR. The clan size is the same, just the name is different, (well among with different ranks, Captain being the WoR equivalent of a N&S Colonel).

A few other things you need to be aware of are that, at the moment, making a thread doesn't actually reserve your company, it's a placeholder. Eventually the developers are releasing the Company Tool (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?2852-Company-Tool-being-released-soon!) and that's where you can really lock down your company of choice.

On the topic of the company tool; at the start you will only be able to reserve companies that actually participated in the Antietam campaign. The devs have stated that they do plan to eventually add the option to also create companies for regiments that weren't actually present during the Antietam campaign.

David Dire
09-20-2016, 09:47 AM
The difference is not just name: in WoR you can only have a company rather than a whole regiment.

FakeMessiah27
09-20-2016, 10:00 AM
The difference is not just name: in WoR you can only have a company rather than a whole regiment.

Right, making a clan, which is known as a regiment in N&S, equal to what is known as a company in WoR. That's the point I'm trying to get across.

Joshua Chamberlain
09-20-2016, 12:49 PM
Most of the NA regiments will not make in WoR just cause they won't stay alive long enough to get 10 men

Bravescot
09-20-2016, 01:00 PM
Most of the NA regiments will not make in WoR just cause they won't stay alive long enough to get 10 men

Sad that. Guess they'll have to learn to ditch their pride and work together then. That or assist in simply making NA Companies alongside EU companies.

Fancy Sweetroll
09-20-2016, 02:09 PM
But having a company with less than 10 members doesnt mean they cant exist and be functional. It just means they risk loosing their company name any day

72ndPA Vlader
09-20-2016, 02:18 PM

That shouldn't be an issue for my men, we have around 15+ active and Saturdays we bring around 18+ for events. We are a decent size, though I do agree a lot of our fellow NA regiments might have to swallow some pride for War of Rights.

Gandalf
09-20-2016, 03:20 PM
Don't really like how everyone thinks it's always some matter of pride. Sure, sometimes it can be, but maybe some people prefer smaller, closely knit units to the sprawling 100+ man groups. Just a thought. No need to always be quick to judge those people. :p

A. P. Hill
09-20-2016, 03:29 PM
The difference is the two are not compatible ... they are two separate entities. There is no transfer of anything.

72ndPA Vlader
09-20-2016, 05:03 PM
Don't really like how everyone thinks it's always some matter of pride. Sure, sometimes it can be, but maybe some people prefer smaller, closely knit units to the sprawling 100+ man groups. Just a thought. No need to always be quick to judge those people. :p

True, it actually does come down to what the players want. That's why we should keep a variety. Does anyone know if events and all that stuff will be like North and South?

Bravescot
09-20-2016, 05:09 PM

Not quite what I mean. It's more those people who are to proud to simply accept their unit of 1 or 2 guys won't be going anywhere anytime soon and would do better looking to help make a 10 - 15 man unit.

A. P. Hill
09-20-2016, 05:48 PM
True, it actually does come down to what the players want. That's why we should keep a variety. Does anyone know if events and all that stuff will be like North and South?

Actually the game is controlled by the developers and not the players, it will be what they want ....
And as to events:

The difference is the two are not compatible ... they are two separate entities. There is no transfer of anything.

Bravescot
09-20-2016, 05:52 PM

Hill, please sit this one out. You have no idea what you're going on about. It is incredibly easy to transfer one to the other, different or not.

72ndPA Vlader
09-20-2016, 08:12 PM
Actually the game is controlled by the developers and not the players, it will be what they want ....
And as to events:

Now this brings me to another question, if that is the case then, will north and south still be active or will it be worth the possible confusion of heading into WoR so I can keep my regiment alive?

michaelsmithern
09-20-2016, 08:19 PM

Not sure where you got that idea from. The NA community in North and South is the DA(Dixieland Army) i believe most of them are quiting due to the DA not being very good at admining events or certain admins doing as they please without repercussion. but since the fall of 2015 half of them that are still active don't want to go back to that kind of community and would rather stick to the good ole sign up on the forum/ts/etc instead of them being in a community.

Now there are plenty of problems that plague the DA, but this thread isn't the one to complain about that, basically my message was that players from the DA would rather not have to deal with shit-tier admins and want it to be enjoyable.

Oh and to answer Vladers question, North and South is currently dying, as is NW, the fields of recruits is barren, and the mustering of regiments is smaller and smaller each day, once war of rights and battle cry of freedom release, i doubt North and South will be relevant. Hell once Bannerlord releases Mount and Blade: Warband will be most likely become void of life except for the small group that love the mods on the game

David Dire
09-20-2016, 09:28 PM
Right, making a clan, which is known as a regiment in N&S, equal to what is known as a company in WoR. That's the point I'm trying to get across.

"Regiment" and "company" are not just alternate names for "clan."

michaelsmithern
09-20-2016, 09:39 PM
"Regiment" and "company" are not just alternate names for "clan."

How so? if you don't mind me asking.

David Dire
09-20-2016, 10:01 PM
It's less so in NW and NaS, however in WoR a company is based off the actual military company: 100 men. You can only form more than one company should you have atleasy 70 or more (though really closer to the full 100) men.

FakeMessiah27
09-21-2016, 10:35 AM
It's less so in NW and NaS, however in WoR a company is based off the actual military company: 100 men. You can only form more than one company should you have atleasy 70 or more (though really closer to the full 100) men.

I have never heard of such a restriction being official policy. As far as I'm aware the exact number of men in a company is entirely up to whoever runs it. If a group wants to open up a second company when they have 50 members they are free to do so. If a group wants to continue to expand their existing company even when they go over 100 members, they are also free to do so.

The word "clan" just refers to a gaming community that focuses on one particular game. It's customary for a clan to take on a name suited to whatever game they play, hence the word company or regiment being used for games like WoR and M&B.

I do agree that using the word company does suggest a maximum number of 100 men and I believe most companies would indeed set up a second one once they reach such a number, but it's by no means mandatory. One thing that is set in stone which is related to companies however, are ranks. The company tool supports the historical rank structure of a company and you can therefore not make yourself a general on there. Other than that though, a company is simply the word we use in WoR to describe a gaming clan dedicated to this game.

Fancy Sweetroll
09-21-2016, 10:54 AM
It is actually something we have considered for the company tool. Once you reach 100 members, you will be forced to create an extra company. It hasnt been implemented yet though. You would of course still be allowed to create a new company once you reach 20 or 30 members, the staff just needs to be somebody else.

Pinckney
09-21-2016, 02:25 PM
Not quite what I mean. It's more those people who are to proud to simply accept their unit of 1 or 2 guys won't be going anywhere anytime soon and would do better looking to help make a 10 - 15 man unit.

But then they can't be a Colonel.....

FakeMessiah27
09-21-2016, 03:39 PM
This thread has gone off topic ever so slightly :D

michaelsmithern
09-21-2016, 04:46 PM
It is actually something we have considered for the company tool. Once you reach 100 members, you will be forced to create an extra company. It hasnt been implemented yet though. You would of course still be allowed to create a new company once you reach 20 or 30 members, the staff just needs to be somebody else.

that's actually very interesting, this way you can have up to the accurate company size, and this would also push more for people to form more companies early so that they will have the name reserved in a sense.

MrMan
09-21-2016, 07:19 PM
Hey Vlader,

I believe many North and South regiments will find the transition into the WoR community a smooth one, and will quickly learn to call the WoR game their new home. I will acknowledge that for others it may be a struggle, but that is not the point I am making. Gathering from your success in North and South of the 72ndPA that I have seen on the battlefield and have heard about, I have no doubts that you will enjoy and flourish in this new community when the game comes out. However, like others have suggested, I do believe to make sure that in the beginning (when your company shall be the most unstable) you do not have any troubles getting started, go read up on all the information on this forum, including and ESPECIALLY the Company Tool before beginning your journey.

Just a Disclaimer: I am in NO way saying here that because this community member has a North and South regiment will he automatically do well. I am also NOT saying that North and South or NW commanders will have an upper hand on other members. In most cases, I believe you will actually find the opposite to be true.

From one current North and South commander and hopeful WoR commander to another, I wish you luck,

MrMan
North and South: 8thVA Col.
War of Rights: 8thAL Capt.

DomDowg
09-24-2016, 03:49 PM
Sad that. Guess they'll have to learn to ditch their pride and work together then. That or assist in simply making NA Companies alongside EU companies.

Bravescot I believe that is a bold and broad statement. Now I no your post is 3 days old as of me saying this but NA NaS regiments are already doing this. The NA NaS regiments are already merging up so they can work on getting to regimental WoR size. Many NA regiments in NaS would rather die or merge than join EU. And I know this from my past experiences in NW and NaS. Us NA I believe would like to keep our American Civil War alive and well rather than see it die. And that is kinda a rude statement you made by the way.

P.S. American Civil War is Bolded and Underlined for the fact it is what this forum and thread is all about.

MrMan
09-24-2016, 05:35 PM
R.I.P the English Language and Grammar @DomDowg

DomDowg
09-24-2016, 05:43 PM

Why becuase I said no instead of know?

TrustyJam
09-24-2016, 06:08 PM
Please don't turn this into a NA VS EU thread. It is silly and a waste of time. :)

- Trusty

GeorgeCrecy
09-29-2016, 06:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Npo0cmp-VY

Henronicus
09-30-2016, 01:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Npo0cmp-VY

Dammit George I wanted the song too!:p

Volunteer
09-30-2016, 12:42 PM

A bit harsh, MrMan. Not everyone can have a masterful command of English language spelling, punctuation and grammar. I can see 'spg' errors in your brief post, too.

It is all a bit pointless being the schoolmaster in these issues; it is certainly vexatious and may get you branded a "Grammar Nazi".

You are merely setting yourself up for a fall and appearing pompous, to boot! :rolleyes:

Gandalf
09-30-2016, 02:11 PM
A bit harsh, MrMan. Not everyone can have a masterful command of English language spelling, punctuation and grammar. I can see 'spg' errors in your brief post, too.

It is all a bit pointless being the schoolmaster in these issues; it is certainly vexatious and may get you branded a "Grammar Nazi".

You are merely setting yourself up for a fall and appearing pompous, to boot! :rolleyes:

That argument was six days ago. Please don't bring it up; just makes the thread more cluttered and people more angry.

Volunteer
10-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Well, Gandalf (the Wise), not everyone is going to be avidly reading these forums so regularly that a mere week is significant. But I agree with you: don't clutter the forums.