PDA

View Full Version : Light Artillery Batteries?

zerosius
09-30-2016, 02:39 AM
Hey there,

I went ahead and wanted to create the 1st New Jersey Light Artillery Battery A, but the Light Artillery Batteries seem to be missing completely at the moment if i am not mistaken. They were definetely part of the Maryland Campaign though...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antietam_Union_order_of_battle

New Jersey Light, Battery A: Cpt William Hexamer in the VI Corps, 1st Division

Any Info about when you will add the option to create these in the Company Tool?

JaegerCoyote
09-30-2016, 06:40 AM
It doesn't show the type it seems, but all the batteries would be light since heavy batteries would be in forts.

Hinkel
09-30-2016, 07:57 AM
Its just one battery type. The tool is not doing any difference between light or regular battery.

zerosius
09-30-2016, 07:59 AM
That makes sense for most of the Artillery Batteries, but notably all the Batteries from Slocum's First Division are missing if i parsed that right.

Maryland Light, Battery A: Cpt John W. Wolcott
Massachusetts Light, Battery A: Cpt Josiah Porter
New Jersey Light, Battery A: Cpt William Hexamer

All of these are not available in the Company Tool, although they were part of the Union Order of Battle at Antietam

Hinkel
09-30-2016, 08:09 AM
Check again ;)

zerosius
09-30-2016, 08:11 AM
Thank you ;)

Hinkel
09-30-2016, 08:13 AM
But to make sure:
There won't be any artillery avatars for a long while. They won't be added until the release of the closed beta/ steam early access.

Besides that, the Platoon name for artillery will be changed into Section :)

zerosius
09-30-2016, 08:42 AM
Yeah i figured that it will take a while :)
Patiently waiting until there are news about the Artillery Implementation Soon (TM) :P
Nice for the Sections.
One Question i got though: Would it be possible to implement the Role of Ordnance Sergeant for Artillery Batteries? :D