PDA

View Full Version : Singleplayer Sandbox

sydneyh
11-30-2014, 02:53 AM
What I understand about the features of this promising game is that there isn't really a singleplayer campagne sandbox map?
To be honest this wouldn't be much different than M&B Napoleon but then this would be singleplayer.

What I would like to see in this game is a singeplayer sandbox map where I as a general can take over towns/fotresses.
Rank myself up by gaining experience in the federation/union army.
Or heck just recruit a bunch of villagers and create my own regiment and name myself captain.
Roam around and rob union/federation cargo wagons or rent myself out to the side which offer most cash.
Get a company with multiple regiment and assign captains to let them do their own shit if im lazy to give commands.( Like M&B) preferably bigger army size.

An additional feature which i've seen only in 1 game that is a tech alpha game is to allow realtime building in this kind of genre which Mount and Blade doesn't even have.

While my men and I are only 5 man strong in a village i command to build a fotress and let the village grow steady.
Other regiments from the union/federation ( depends on which side i am) can always come by to try and raid the shit out of it.
To get a better idea about this check the tech alpha of this game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFjlp3nnJgg and vote that they should implement something similar in this game!

Hear Hear this is what i think we need!

TrustyJam
11-30-2014, 03:37 AM
Base building (let alone village building) has very little to do with the majority of the civil war. Soldiers would create breastworks, riflepits, trenches in some situations but that's about as far as it went (unless we're talking engineers inside some sort of fort). I can see some of the RPG-like elements you're suggesting might work with a game focused on the bushwhacking side of the war - that is not our focus though.

On a side note, I found this "game" on kickstarter today. They seem to envision ideas similar to yours :) : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/225338592/civil-war-the-reckoning?ref=category

- Trusty