PDA

View Full Version : 'Fake Companies'

Etherton
10-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Ive heard a few rumours and seen a few companies which atm seem to be what i would class as 'fake'. By this i mean they may only have 15 men etc but are getting those members to create 2 sometimes 3 accounts each to make their companies look larger to recruit more actual members. I have one or two names that i wont mention and its companies of various sizes but i wondered if anything would be done about this? I think its rather unfair on the companies who are legitimately the size they are whether its 10 men 20 men etcetc as this does detract from their possible recruitment. Quite a few new players will join large companies as thats just how things tend to work in games but i just wanted to really bring it up and find out if its something that may get looked into. I would assume its possible to check if required and to maybe purge inactive accounts from companies overtime or something, just trying to avoid any issues further down the line as ive seen this in other games in the past!

TrustyJam
10-08-2016, 08:14 PM
The company tool is available for everyone to use. That being said, if we catch any fraud (such as fake emails/users) the company will be disbanded without any warning.

Please don't start pointing fingers unless you've got concrete proof to back your claims up. Company drama never did anyone good. :)

If you do have proof please report so to a forum admin.

- Trusty

Painmace
10-10-2016, 09:58 PM
The company tool is available for everyone to use. That being said, if we catch any fraud (such as fake emails/users) the company will be disbanded without any warning.

Please don't start pointing fingers unless you've got concrete proof to back your claims up. Company drama never did anyone good. :)

If you do have proof please report so to a forum admin.

- Trusty

What if someone makes a fake account and join a different company cause they know you will disband them? How will you ensure this doesn't happen?

TrustyJam
10-10-2016, 10:06 PM
What if someone makes a fake account and join a different company cause they know you will desband them? How will you ensure this doesn't happen?

We have tools in place that provide us with plenty of information in order for us to make the correct call so I wouldn't worry about that. :)

- Trusty

Arkansan
10-31-2016, 06:27 PM
There is simply NO way to have proof of something like this without a key or something tying the Tool to the pledge/owner of the game.

TrustyJam
10-31-2016, 08:41 PM
There is simply NO way to have proof of something like this without a key or something tying the Tool to the pledge/owner of the game.

Yes there is. I'm not going to go into detail on how though as that would compromise it.

- Trusty

Lance Rawlings
10-31-2016, 08:55 PM
Yes there is. I'm not going to go into detail on how though as that would compromise it.

- Trusty

Ooohhh, that's some MI6 stuff there. Good day, Mr. Bond! Although I would be somewhat concerned if a company was disbanded because a few members had made double accounts. Company Admin may not even be aware. So maybe simply put a ban on the player? I don't believe any guys in our company have done this, but I'm not sure I would know, either.

William F. Randolph
10-31-2016, 08:59 PM
Surely multiple IP addresses is a dead giveaway, if that information is made public to the devs.

Lance Rawlings
10-31-2016, 09:03 PM
Yeah I'm sure it is. Although what if you have a husband and wife who play on the same device? Hypothetically speaking.

TrustyJam
10-31-2016, 09:04 PM
Closing this down. There's no point in speculating. The data needed is available to us.

- Trusty