PDA

View Full Version : 65th Illinois Infantry Company I

Penguins2223
10-10-2016, 10:47 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/penguins2223/65thIllinoisInfantryCompanyI_zpsv1gq0dng.jpg

-Welcome-

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/penguins2223/nara44thindiana_zps8soycggo.jpg

Come and join the 65th Illinois Infantry Company I! We are a relaxed group of casual gamers looking for nothing serious, however we do strive to accurately portray a Union Company during the civil war, but have fun while doing it! We have had years of experience gaming on the steam community, have reenactors amongst our ranks, and are well versed in history and strategy. We welcome new recruits and enlisted men with open arms! We require men to fill the ranks of company adjutants, and platoons, so if you hurry that can be you!;D

We do not have any websites, or other forums except for our steam group and discord server, since we are, as explained, more casual gamers.
We are also one of the few who decided to start a company in a "Western" Theater Regiment. This is due to the fact that the core members are from the fair state of Illinois! This meaning that we do not have that many members since everyone is flocking to the more popular Eastern regiments, however what we don't make up in fame we make up in FUN!:D

History of Illinois Regiments

The U.S. state of Illinois during the American Civil War was a major source of troops for the Union Army (particularly for those armies serving in the Western Theater of the Civil War), and of military supplies, food, and clothing. Situated near major rivers and railroads, Illinois became a major jumping off place early in the war for Ulysses S. Grant's efforts to seize control of the Mississippi and Tennessee rivers.

Illinois Infantry, along with other western federal units had a very different uniform, then that of their eastern counterparts. Take a look at troops that marched with Sherman and you will see a lot of Function over Fashion, uniform choices. Men choosing to wear things for their practicality, rather than what may have been regulation at the time, due to the difference in environment in the Western Theater. Rather than donning the forage, and kepi hats, for soldiers and officers respectively, they usually donned the "Hardee Hat", made famous by the Iron Brigade, and a variety of other styles of hat. The reason for this is the sun was far more fierce out west, and big floppy hats helped provide more cover to the troops then the tiny forage, and kepis. The jackets varied too, with a far more prominent amount of shell and "Illinois" jackets as well.

Image of typical Western Federal: http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/penguins2223/44th3_zpsr03rwdn4.jpg http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/penguins2223/SlouchHatCollage_zps9jcazpcy.jpg

Join today, and fight for the glory of the Union!

__________________________________________________ _________________

Events and Schedules:

(To be announced)

Basic Company Structure Diagram Courtesy of Company Sergeant Major Richard Denkmann

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/penguins2223/MTOW_zpskllmltem.jpg

Ranks structure:

Rank will be equaled to Union army Rank structure. Of course at the beginning we need more NCO's, Officers, Etc., but once a request is submitted to join, you will be telegramed, and asked in a friendly fashion, of your experience, and what rank you believe fits you, then the rest of the officers will convene to determine the results. Once we get enough of needed ranks, we will just make more privates. Frequency in events and attendance to events will definitely go noticed and will constitute further promotions, and assignments.

More Ranks will be added, as we are sure the game dev's will be adding more...

CO's (Commissioned Officers)
Captain-In charge of the company, and can be junior staff officer member. The Captain, usually friends or an acquaintance of the Regiments Colonel, were tasked to go out to towns within the state, and gain men for their company.

1st Lieutenant- In charge of one of one of the platoons in the company, and represents the company when the Captain is not present, and acts as the voice of the Captain. Helps wield out the orders, and also confer on educated tactical decisions.

2nd Lieutenant- Pretty much the same responsibilities as the 1st Lieutenant, makes sure that the rest of the company is in line on and off the battlefield, and moves around making sure the order were heard across the company.

NCO's (Non-commissioned Officers)

Sergeant Major- He is in charge of helping with drilling the Company, and administration of the Company, also helping boost Company morale when on the field. The highest of the NCO ranks, and the one with the most responsibility.

Quarter Master Sergeant- The company quartermaster sergeant was responsible for the company wagon and all the property it contained, including the tents, the company mess gear, the company desk, the company library, the ordnance, the subsistence provisions, and the company tools. He was further charged with overseeing the camp set-up of the tents and picket lines.

Ordnance Sergeant- Ordnance sergeants were assigned to deal with weapons and ammunition. To make sure the men had proper working weapons, and helped inspect them.

First Sergeant- He has the immediate supervision of the company. He gets his orders from the captain or officer commanding the company, and sees that they are performed in the company. He is, in fact, the foreman. He lays out and superintends the details of the work which the captain has directed to be executed. Orders received from the commanding officer or other officer by the first sergeant should be communicated to the company commander at once, before being obeyed, if there is time. Under any circumstances, they should be reported to him as soon as possible. Whenever the orderly call sounds, the first sergeant repairs to regimental or post head-quarters to receive the orders or instructions, and if they are at unusual, they should be communicated to the company commander without delay. He also is responsible for knowing the Company Roster by heart, and is in charge of getting the men together for roll call.

Sergeant- In charge of a squad, and or section, and if need be a platoon. He makes sure his men are in order and get the job done. He makes sure they stay in line on and off the field. It takes a hard, and rough character to take up the rank of a sergeant, but also understanding and level headed.

Corporal- The lowest of the NCO ranks, the Corporal is an example to the rest of the men! He maintains his uniform, in appearance and keeps his weapon clean! Exemplifies the proper soldier. Also in charge of groups of about 9 men to for Corporal Guard, which is basically a guard detail around the camp.

Enlisted

Color Guard- In charge of wielding the Company colors and flags! Mayhaps the most honorable job in the whole company! Also allows the other companies and regiments to identify what company we are when on the battlefield. Also responsible for wielding the colors during parade. DON'T LET THAT FLAG FALL!!!;)

Musician- In charge of providing morale and entertainment for the Company. However the musician plays a key part in the life of the soldier, bringing the Company to roll call, attention, relaying the positioning and movement of the company, and providing music to keep the men in step. Occasionally did provide concerts, and when on the battlefield help take off the wounded, but usually the fifers and drummers were in the front right, or right next to the company color guard!

Private-THE BACKBONE OF THE COMPANY!!! Even though they are the lowest enlisted rank, they still play a HUGE part! Without privates there would be no Company! They make up most of the rank and file, and provide the firepower to overcome the enemy in the field of battle.

Recruit- Not really a real rank in the Union Infantry Company, however, more of a place holder until an actually rank is determined!

Contact Information:

If you wish to join, add penguins2223 on Steam

We have a Discord Channel, and if need be will get a Teamspeak Channel, but both will be provided after joining the Company.
Steam Group Page: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/65thIllCoI
War of Rights Company Page: https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompany?companyID=219#companyToolHeader

Company Commander: Captain Henry G. Meacham Username: Penguins2223

Adjundants: 2nd Lieutenant Weezer the Geezer

Officers: 1st Lieutenant Finnegan McDonnell
1st Lieutenant Hugh W. Smith

Senior NCO's: Sergeant Major Richard Denkmann

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f48/penguins2223/american-civil-war-general-philip-kearny-american-school_zps01mdb0kc.jpg

FakeMessiah27
10-11-2016, 10:20 AM
Best of luck :)

Penguins2223
10-11-2016, 04:06 PM
Thank You Captain! And to you too!;D

ROMANOW
10-12-2016, 09:52 AM
Good Luck

Penguins2223
10-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Thank you! We will need it! xD

denkmann87
10-23-2016, 08:35 PM
excited to be here

Penguins2223
10-23-2016, 08:43 PM
Happy to have you!

Grant97
10-25-2016, 10:31 PM
Congrats and welcome! Best of luck to all of you, see u on the battlefield ;)

Penguins2223
11-02-2016, 05:20 PM
Thank you! And likewise!

Alexander Stone
03-09-2017, 12:10 PM
I would like to be discharged from the company. I dont want to desert I just decided to join a company that is with people mainly from Europe like me, it will me much more convenient for me because of the time difference. and I will be able to synchronise with them much easier. I have written a telegram to the company captain, asking to be discharged, but so far no response. Can you assist me?