PDA

View Full Version : 8th Ohio Volunteer Infantry Company.A

PVT.DallasGrove
10-13-2016, 06:26 PM
The Fighting Fools

Beginning
I have been considering this for a while now, and it has always occurred to me. The fact that no one has tried or attempted the 8th OVI or better known as the "fighting fools". Now my title for me aside (i see you laughing at it, just made it as soon as I joined didn't expect to make a Infantry.) I wanted to create this Company because it is not only historically significant, it is also because I had an ancestor who served in it. And when i read about it, it seems that either it was the most aggressive Line Infantry ever in the OVI or the earliest form of Shock infantry ever. But at best one of the most bravest and most inspiring Line Infantries in the Union army. To see more please check out here: http://groves8thovi.weebly.com/

Strategy and History
Their strategies ranged from holding down a position with loose formation, Holding down a position in a line formation, holding/ pushing in a formation, flanking aggressively, fire and advancing quickly, charging a infantry into exhaustion or into a position of non-rapid retreat, and anything else int he old book of strategy. Their behavior was that of the WW1 Stormtroopers or Stosstruppen and the Canadian Shock Infantry. The 8th OVI used this kind of behavior in the battle of Antietam and Gettysburg. Rebel soldiers facing the 8th OVI met a quick end by either a bullet or a Bayonet stab.

Their Engagements were at:
Eastern Appalachians Campaign-(1861-1862) (Union Superiority)

The Valley Campaign Defensive-( May 23rd,1862-May 25,1862)(Confederate Victory)

The Battle of Antietam-(September 17,1862- End of day)(Union Victory)

The Battle of Fredricksburg-(December 11,1863-December 15th,1863)(Confederate Victory)

The Battle of Chancellorsville-(April 30th,1863-May 5th,1863)(Confederate Victory)

The Battle of Gettysburg-(July 1st,1863-July 3rd,1863)(Union Victory)

The Battle of the Wilderness-(May 5th,1864-May 7th,1864) (In-conclusive, Union Advance)

The Battle of Cold Harbor-(May 31st,1864-June 12,1864) (Indecisive Confederate Victory)

8th OVI formed with the 4th OVI and continued through the remaining Duration of the war. Please read on the 4th OVI after Cold Harbor to learn more on the 8th OVI's engagements during 1865.

Company Recipients of Medal of Honor:
John G.Miller- Ran up a hill and killed 4 men to take 2 flags. He then turned them over to Company command.

James Richmond- Killed 2 men to take Confederate flag before returning to Company Command.

Lewis A.Rounds- Retrieved Company Colors and took Enemy flag as well as defend the 2 flags. He later handed them over to command.

To learn more about this please go to: http://groves8thovi.weebly.com/the-history.html

Conclusion and Recruitment
Now I am willing to put so much time into this Company it seems like i'd be running it for a millenium. I am willing to put in whatever time i have on the weekends into Drilling and commanding, and on the weekdays I will not be able to get on the game and lead but I will be able to update, recruit, and promote/control the company from the website. If you wish or consider joining please either go to my Company page or go here: http://groves8thovi.weebly.com/recruitment.html

I am also forming elites, who will represent the Company. This is not a bribe but a plan that I had for the forming company. It will be given to the first 5 men. Again not as a bribe but as a plan. Do note that if you join and if you want to be an elite you will learn more advanced drilling than regular infantry. It is up to the people who join if they want to be elite.

I do not expect a bunch of people to join, if you read this i thank you for just clicking on this page. Now i know it is not anything spectacular, this is probably not even close to the 2nd US Infantry page or any other established group page. But i assure you i am no different. I will recruit and mark you like any other Infantry, i will drill you just like any other infantry or maybe a little different, I will set you into company positions, I will give you your tasks, and I will lead you into the storm and out again. I will fight with you and promote you just like any other infantry. This company may not be as noted as most others but damn right it is a great Company. And if you wish to join then by god i will train, i will make you an effective killing machine of the US arsenal. And you will kill. HURRAH FOR THE UNION!!!

If you want to get to the point then come join: https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompany?companyID=227#companyToolHeader

ROMANOW
10-13-2016, 07:50 PM
Good Luck from 59th New York :D

PVT.DallasGrove
10-13-2016, 08:17 PM
Thank you good sir :D

Grant97
10-13-2016, 11:21 PM
Welcome and good luck to all of you! :D

PVT.DallasGrove
10-14-2016, 12:00 AM
Again thanks. I doubt i'll be getting many soldiers. Especially because of everyone keeps joining the more popular or earlier set up companies with Alpha. Of course i'll be pledging on the Captain pack soon, so i'll be able to get my company in Early access. But again, i'll be lucky enough to get only 10 men. But i'm talking a little too much about me now. Good luck on the field, and good day gents.

(Hope you don't mind me asking but on a scale of 1-5 how would you rate the Website and this post?)

FakeMessiah27
10-14-2016, 09:42 AM
The Beta will hopefully bring more people to the game eventually, and not everybody wants to join a massive company, so don't lose hope yet ;D.

Anyway, best of luck :)

Profender
10-14-2016, 10:59 AM
Again thanks. I doubt i'll be getting many soldiers. Especially because of everyone keeps joining the more popular or earlier set up companies with Alpha. Of course i'll be pledging on the Captain pack soon, so i'll be able to get my company in Early access. But again, i'll be lucky enough to get only 10 men. But i'm talking a little too much about me now. Good luck on the field, and good day gents.

(Hope you don't mind me asking but on a scale of 1-5 how would you rate the Website and this post?)

Rate it a 5. Because always good to meet people here on the site that put in the effort and trying to build something.

And your doubts, I have been hearing them often from people who are trying to start a company. And I really hope for you it will work out if not soon, then like FakeMessiah said, when the BETA comes out.

Dutchconfederate
10-14-2016, 11:18 AM

Same here, I never had mount and blade, lot of groups and people seem to come from there.
Also hope people would look around more instead of looking at the company numbers. Can look at it positive also when you join a small group there is also more to do to set up and build from there! It is maybe easier to share your thoughts and ideas?
But guess have to be patients when more people join the forum and tool, lot of people who did not pledge for the alpha.

PVT.DallasGrove
10-14-2016, 07:42 PM
I thank you all for you support and best wishes to this Company, but now I am facing a slight problem.

PVT.DallasGrove
10-15-2016, 08:06 PM
Open Enlistment, join to fight with the fools, not like one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW4ZwyYJYbQ

Enlist NOW!: https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompany?companyID=227#companyToolHeader