PDA

View Full Version : Today's Update

Sgt_Ham
10-22-2016, 10:49 PM
I am having major issues after this update. Loss of some textures, severe lag joining a server and then in more complex animations (e.g. reloading). I had no issues before this update. I am running an i5 3.3ghz, GTX 970, 8GB ram.

Saris
10-22-2016, 10:56 PM
same here, it took me 6 times to actually play

TrustyJam
10-22-2016, 11:01 PM
Just copy pasting this from the update changes released for today's update:

EXPECT A LAGGY START OF THE NEW BUILD. IT IS DUE TO THE ENGINE RECOMPILING TEXTURES

Give it a bit of time please, gents. A lot of reported issues are due to this simple fact. It'll finish compiling in a few minutes after joining a server.

That being said, we're very much aware that a number of issues are present in the current build. This is due to the engine upgrade affecting lots of different systems in the game (as we've also stated in the field report). This is not an update to go into expecting less issues or bugs than the previous update. :)

- Trusty

FakeMessiah27
10-23-2016, 08:36 AM
I also experienced a lot of frame-rate lag and floating objects due to missing textures and such. On the bright side, I did manage to spawn in without my cursor icon trying to take over the screen ;D.

But then on the less bright side, it was too dark for me to see the new Bucktail uniform :(. At first I thought the black screen persisted into the game until I realised it was midnight ;)