PDA

View Full Version : War Of Rights not responding

QuitsAverage
10-26-2016, 11:17 PM
Hi guys so I've been having trouble launching the game. It launches in a small windowed screen with the War of Rights logo and enlarges to almost full screen but its just black. I hear the main menu music but nothing happens. If I right click it just tells me War Of Rights has stopped responding. I have waited on this screen for at least ten minutes at times and nothing. Sometimes the main menu will appear if I launch the game and I will have just enough seconds to click on the server browser button before the game flat out freezes and tells me yet again War Of Rights has stopped responding. I managed to play once yesterday after a fresh install to play the game but afterwards this problem occurs. It shouldn't be a matter that my computer isn't strong enough. I'm running on a MSI GE62 2QD Gaming laptop with an Nvidia GTX 960 graphics card. Intel Core i7 and 12 gb of ram. Has this been an issue for anyone else? Any suggestions on what I could do to fix this? Thanks guys

michaelsmithern
10-26-2016, 11:29 PM
so it crashes? if that's what is happening send a crash report. other than that i don't know man

QuitsAverage
10-30-2016, 02:05 PM
Still an issue for me. Haven't been able to play still. Anyone have any other suggestions?

A. P. Hill
10-30-2016, 02:45 PM
Make sure you have a Direct X 11 or greater compliant video card, and O.S.

QuitsAverage
10-30-2016, 03:06 PM
I am running on Directx 11 and I am on Windows 8.1

Lyman Trumbull
10-30-2016, 03:49 PM
As Michael said previously said, have you sent an error report:
http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?2019-How-to-upload-error-logs-WoR-Error-Reporter

Other than that, I guess you can try validating the game cache as it could potentially find some missing files.

I am afraid I can not help more than this as my knowledge is quite limited, contacting a dev if these do not fix the problem would be your most likely chance to resolve it.

QuitsAverage
10-30-2016, 06:09 PM
Unfortunately my game crashes but not in any way that this error reporter appears in my files. I guess I'll have to speak to one of the devs directly. Thank you though

Tuffant21
10-30-2016, 09:55 PM
Hey QuitsAverage,

We have had several issues in the past, similar to this, that updating the video drivers directly from nividia's website has solved.
Based on the information that you gave me, I went ahead and got the driver that you will need. Please let me know if the information is wrong otherwise.

Product Type: GeForce
Product Series: GeForce 900M Series (Notebooks)
Product: GeForce GTX 960M

If all of this information is correct, use this link to download the nividia driver. Once it's installed, let us know if your problem has been fixed or if it still persists.
http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/110599/en-us

Hope this helps,
Anthony :)

QuitsAverage
10-30-2016, 11:21 PM
Hi thank you so much for your help. I tired the link and downloaded the driver. But the problem continued. I had managed to play one session on the CS drill camp earlier but it was right after a fresh install. After I quit the session and later tried to play again the problem repeated. I can't think what else the problem would be. I have managed to play the game before and it runs great but this crash issue still occurs the most.

Jasin210
11-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Hi thank you so much for your help. I tired the link and downloaded the driver. But the problem continued. I had managed to play one session on the CS drill camp earlier but it was right after a fresh install. After I quit the session and later tried to play again the problem repeated. I can't think what else the problem would be. I have managed to play the game before and it runs great but this crash issue still occurs the most.

Lol I have the same issue after the update before the update I could run it fine but now black screen. :(

Hatchmo
11-03-2016, 02:29 PM
I do get the black screen frequently and I end up having t restart my computer to fix it. There are times I get in with no trouble.

QuitsAverage
12-06-2016, 08:45 PM
Hey guys I just wanted to say that my problem has been fixed. Special thanks to Anthony or Tuffant21 for helping me out. It seems that there were certain programs that were running in the background that I needed to shut down to allow the game to play in full screen. I know other people have been having this problem as well so I want to let you know how easy it was to fix this. If you look into your task manager and check to see what other apps are running in the backgroung try shutting an app down one at a time and see if WOR launches in full screen. Keep trying this out until it works for you. For whatever reason it was the Nachimic Audio program pre downloaded to my computer by MSI that was causing the issues. So if you own a MSI computer especially one of their gaming laptops try shutting down that program. Again I want to thank Tuffant21 for helping me finally play the game in all its full screen glory. Hope this helps some of you who are experiencing the same thing.

Tuffant21
12-07-2016, 09:10 PM
Awesome, glad I could help! Hopefully this fix will help solve other peoples issues as well!