PDA

View Full Version : 50th Georgia Company A, "Satilla Rangers"

Samuel
10-31-2016, 10:51 PM
Rally!
50th Georgia Company A, "Satilla Rangers"

http://i.imgur.com/qI3dF5d.jpg

About the Satilla Rangers

Enjoy some Music while reading (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gONnTDQcHCo)

We are the 50th Georgia Co.A Satilla Rangers from of course the Great state of Georgia. We take Volunteers from all around to defend Southern Rights and Independence from the Federal Government in the North. The Company was formed by me and fellow 2nd Liuetenant Zimpux and we look forward to meeting you regardles if you decide to join or not. we will be starting after the Steam release of War of Rights.

History & Engagment

The 50th Georgia Regiment gained credit and fame in plenty of well known and hard fought battles in both the Eastern and Western theaters of the war. The regiment was engaged in or present at forty five total battles before it's surrender at Appomattox Court House. Some of these engagements include important battles such as Second Bull Run (August 28-30, 1862), Antietam (September 17, 1862), Gettysburg (July 1-3, 1863), Chattanooga Siege (September - November, 1863), and Petersburg Siege (June 1864-April 1865). All of these are just few of the many battlefields they attended.

Before erupting on the battlefield, they were formed into service on March 4, 1862, in the city of Savannah,. They were primarily recruits from Southern Georgia. The original commander was Colonel. William R. Manning. Once organized, they were sent to Camp Davis in Guyton, Georgia to train and become an elite unit. Afterwards, they were mustered into service to protect Savannah's defenses. On July 17th, 1861, Major General John C. Pemberton sent the 50th Georgia to Richmond to join the Army of Northern Virginia under General Robert E. Lee. For the majority of war, the 50th Georgia served in the First Corps of the ANV, under General James Longstreet. Later , in 1862, General Longstreet was sent with his Corps to assist in the western theater. There, the 50th was a part of the Siege of Knoxville. Returning to Virginia, the 50th Georgia also fought in the Siege of Petersburg, the Battle of Cedar Creek, and the Battle of Sayler's Creek.

After the surrendered at Appomattox Court House, the men of the 50th Georgia were paroled and departed to return to their homes Throughout the years, the regiment members would attend reunions to relive the memories of their noble past.[/CENTER][/FONT]

Expectations and Ideals

We expect certain characteristics and conduct from recruits when they join. Of course nobody wants to be in a group full of trolls, so we require members to conduct themselves in a manner that creates a fun and accepting environment for members of the Company. People with great leadership skills are always welcomed and we encourage members to come forward with them.

As our company grows, so does the need for responsible, mature leaders. Although we have a starting lineup of Commissioned and Noncommissioned Officers, we still need members who are capable of leading both during and away from events. We also require of all our members a level of maturity, regardless of age. While this is a prerequisite for an Officer, it is also something enlisted men must exhibit as well. This means racist topics and comments will not be permitted.along with bothering or slandering other Companies and communities within War of Rights, along with the aforementioned trolling. These prerequisites will be maintained and upheld to fit our standards. and provide a fun and welcoming environment for all!

Official Ranks
Below is a list of the official ranks used both in the period and within this company. Everyone is considered when the time comes to promote a member to a leading position. However, it is up to the founders and the Commissioned Officers to pick the person who best fits the role.

Commissioned Officers
10199- Captain
10200- 1st Lieutenant
10201- 2nd Lieutenant

Non-Commissioned Officers
10202- Sergeant Major
10203- First Sergeant
10204- Sergeant
10205- Corporal

Enlisted

10206- Private
10207- Recruit
- Volunteer

Contact
Want to enlist? Contact Captain Joshua (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198132991075/) or 2nd Liuetenant Zimpux (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198017321190/) on steam!

William F. Randolph
10-31-2016, 11:13 PM
Welcome to the fight European brethren!

Francis
11-01-2016, 03:31 AM
Look forward to working alongside you gents!

A. P. Hill
11-01-2016, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the CSA!

Congrats!

michaelsmithern
11-02-2016, 07:02 PM
sammy is that you?

Francis
11-03-2016, 12:55 AM
sammy is that you?

Sam is taking the EUs from both Company C and Company G to make a EU Company.

michaelsmithern
11-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Sam is taking the EUs from both Company C and Company G to make a EU Company.

#taking my friends away now, #francis is corrupt

James Dixon
11-03-2016, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the Confederacy!

Francis
11-06-2016, 05:32 AM
#taking my friends away now, #francis is corrupt

Heck you kid, you lead your own War of Rights Company.

michaelsmithern
11-06-2016, 06:23 PM
Heck you kid, you lead your own War of Rights Company. "# francisiscorrupt", saw what you did there #exposed

i don't lead nothing boi, i do what i do and stay loyal to the best MN. also yeah chief, you something that i'm not allowed to say on a public forum

Zimpux
02-20-2017, 02:30 PM
Hello Sir!

Aelius
07-01-2017, 08:51 AM
Howdy Brothers.

Looking forward to fighting alongside you on the battlefield

Samuel
12-15-2018, 12:07 PM
Post has been updated. Company A is now open to Volunteers from all Around!

rapier17
12-15-2018, 12:27 PM
Best of luck to you, Co. A, 50th Georgia!

Ben H. Phillips
12-16-2018, 09:23 AM
Good Luck