PDA

View Full Version : Sieges

william2401
01-10-2015, 10:43 PM
I apologise if this question has been asked before in another thread. But I was wondering if there are to be siege maps/scenes plannes for the game. These would be really cool I think and would add a whole new dynamic to the battle. I am referring more specifically to the assault side of a siege but something that has never been done before is a full siege in a multiplayer event, I understand this would be hard to implement but if it is possilbe it would be good if a siege lasted for around an hour or 2 and the defenders could lead sorties out and attackers could do things like posion water(which might give damage penalty to defenders). Time would of course have to be sped up a bit for this but something like this would be really awesome if it were possilbe. Although that would probably have enough content in it to be a game in its own right let alone the field battles.

GeorgeCrecy
01-11-2015, 01:05 AM
As of right now, the only siege planned is the "Siege" of Harper's Ferry, one of the battles represented in the Maryland Campaign which we are covering. If you are thinking about sieges of properly fortified positions such as the siege of Fort Donelson and Henry, the answer is... maybe. Nothing is officially planned yet.

Rithal
01-11-2015, 02:57 AM
Well, IF this team ever sets a long term goal to move onto other battles, and siege battles are one of the categories you'd like to look into, I cast my vote for Fort Wagner :)

GeorgeCrecy
01-11-2015, 03:18 AM
Hmm, I wonder why? ;)

Hairywarhero
02-27-2015, 10:05 AM
Now this is something i'll be interested in!! :D Get shot by johnny reb on top of a mound

Bravescot
02-27-2015, 10:24 AM
I think the siege battle idea would be a barrel of fun. The garrison would have to holdout of X amount of days to win and the attackers would have to kill or capture the garrison.

Hairywarhero
02-27-2015, 10:28 AM
oh my i can just picture if we did that bit from glory