PDA

View Full Version : Interact with your environment

Soulfly
01-12-2015, 08:15 AM
Hello guys,

i would like to if or how it will be possible to interact with the environment like actively hide/ take cover behind a fence/ tree. Inspired by another games (RO2) "take cover" feature, i would like to know if you guys are planning to implement something similar ?

Best,

Soulfly

TrustyJam
01-12-2015, 08:42 AM
Hello guys,

i would like to if or how it will be possible to interact with the environment like actively hide/ take cover behind a fence/ tree. Inspired by another games (RO2) "take cover" feature, i would like to know if you guys are planning to implement something similar ?

Best,

Soulfly

No cover mechanic (other than when the player themselves hide behind something to avoid fire) is currently planned.

- Trusty

Soulfly
01-12-2015, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, will it be possible to lean around objects ? Sorry for bothering you with that

TrustyJam
01-12-2015, 08:59 AM
We hope to support that, yes.

- Trusty

[RG]Chewie
01-12-2015, 01:32 PM
That would be awesome to be able to lean around trees and house corners!

Bravescot
01-12-2015, 03:26 PM
Makes the term 'peek a boo' a whole lot more deadly

Rithal
01-17-2015, 06:17 AM
Will you also have the ability to crouch and go prone, and will this increase accuracy?

Estus
02-09-2015, 06:07 PM
Will you also have the ability to crouch and go prone, and will this increase accuracy?

Thumbs up for crouch, but the ability to prone is really unnecessary.

Bravescot
02-09-2015, 07:41 PM

Prone is needed as many Rebels lay down behind their cover at the sunken road.

PvtPalmer11pvi
02-10-2015, 01:26 PM

Well you could lay prone to avoid enemy cannon fire if you find you and your pards being shelled continuously because your being led by an incompetent leader. However I think this will bring forth more guerrilla style tactics in game

[RG]Chewie
02-11-2015, 01:33 AM
Well you could lay prone to avoid enemy cannon fire if you find you and your pards being shelled continuously because your being led by an incompetent leader. However I think this will bring forth more guerrilla style tactics in game
All you would have to do is place a loading time penalty on players lying prone and kneeling. Obviously loading while kneeling is a bit easier then loading while prone so that would naturally have to be represented.

Bravescot
02-11-2015, 07:21 AM
Chewie;5246']All you would have to do is place a loading time penalty on players lying prone and kneeling. Obviously loading while kneeling is a bit easier then loading while prone so that would naturally have to be represented.
A line standing up and firing would be able to put so many more rounds down the one lying down.

[RG]Chewie
02-11-2015, 01:43 PM
A line standing up and firing would be able to put so many more rounds down the one lying down.
Exactly as it was in the war :)