PDA

View Full Version : Engineering in game/ staff question

IRONHAWK125
01-24-2015, 03:09 AM
Engineering in game:
--------------------------
So i was just wondering, in game, has the idea of a engineering class or unit came up? So they can create breastworks for troops to use as cover?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last question: How many people currently are working on designing war of rights? Do you plan on adding more designers?

TrustyJam
01-24-2015, 03:15 AM
Engineering in game:
--------------------------
So i was just wondering, in game, has the idea of a engineering class or unit came up? So they can create breastworks for troops to use as cover?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last question: How many people currently are working on designing war of rights? Do you plan on adding more designers?

We have no plans to add engineers at this stage.

We're 11 people working on WoR at the moment and are always looking for more talent to join the team.

- Trusty

Rithal
01-24-2015, 04:43 AM
We have no plans to add engineers at this stage.

We're 11 people working on WoR at the moment and are always looking for more talent to join the team.

- Trusty

So if engineers are not going to be added as of now, will ordinary soldiers be able to prepare defenses?

TrustyJam
01-24-2015, 04:46 AM
So if engineers are not going to be added as of now, will ordinary soldiers be able to prepare defenses?

No, not in the foreseeable future.

- Trusty

Aniallator
01-28-2015, 05:35 AM
I'd love to see engineers in the future.

PvtPalmer11pvi
01-30-2015, 12:21 PM
No defenses? I love it! no more building outrageous towers and no ducking behind cover made by players ......more lambs for the slaughter :) Who wants to see earthworks in the middle of Miller's cornfield anyway????

Bravescot
01-30-2015, 02:17 PM
I'd still like to be able to hide behind natural cover as a Sharpshooter

TrustyJam
01-30-2015, 02:24 PM
I'd still like to be able to hide behind natural cover as a Sharpshooter

Nothing prevents you from doing so.

- Trusty

Bravescot
01-30-2015, 02:38 PM
Nothing prevents you from doing so.

- Trusty

So we'll be able to oblige by the 5 Ds avoiding being shot? Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge.

PvtPalmer11pvi
01-31-2015, 03:06 AM
So we'll be able to oblige by the 5 Ds avoiding being shot? Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive and Dodge.

I imagine you will be able to take cover behind any natural object in the game like downed trees, rocks, in ditches, or even behind a fence. Just not behind anything player made

MilitantMonkey
02-01-2015, 02:43 AM
Unless the tree was brought down by a cannon, or continuous gunfire. That would then make it player-made ;)

[RG]Chewie
02-01-2015, 05:31 AM
It didn't take engineers to dig and pile up sticks and rocks in the 1860's so i imagine it wont take engineers to do so in the game :)

PvtPalmer11pvi
02-01-2015, 06:54 AM
Unless the tree was brought down by a cannon, or continuous gunfire. That would then make it player-made ;)

Boy I walked right into that one. But that is if the devs give us destructable environments. I do think it would be cool to see Minnie Balls trimming down saplings and shrubbery.

Bravescot
02-01-2015, 01:46 PM
I think they mentioned that building could be destroyed.

Ry1459
02-01-2015, 05:55 PM
It'd be interesting to see leaves and branches falling from the trees when being shot at. Especially when you're using them as cover, adds to the immersion.

Rithal
02-01-2015, 08:09 PM
It'd be interesting to see leaves and branches falling from the trees when being shot at. Especially when you're using them as cover, adds to the immersion.

This would be great, but I don't know if it's even possible with the engine. If it is possible, maybe add an option to turn it off because it might be too graphically demanding for some computers. It could be similar to the particle affects in Mafia 2 that everyone was so excited about when it first released.

Fancy Sweetroll
02-01-2015, 08:20 PM

I like the idea, once we get it working it shouldnt be costly at all.

Bravescot
02-01-2015, 08:52 PM
Ry enters the community and boom insta-good idea. Proud of you man xD

Ry1459
02-01-2015, 08:55 PM
Ry enters the community and boom insta-good idea. Proud of you man xD

I always make an entrance :D

Estus
02-09-2015, 07:05 PM
I really don't support a specific class for engineering, a simple drag/drop mechanic to carry sandbags, crates, or logs would be great.