PDA

View Full Version : Picking rank?

Fightlogan00
01-25-2015, 10:20 PM
How will people be able to choose their rank, will it be like MAB where you just pick your rank or will you have to be chosen to be a general or a colonel?

Bravescot
01-27-2015, 12:45 AM
I think if I recall correctly that there is no solid details on this but only ruff ideas. What I do know is not just anybody is going to get to be an officer, especially a General.

Rithal
01-27-2015, 05:25 AM
What I do know is not just anybody is going to get to be an officer, especially a General.

Yeah, I'm really hoping they implement an idea such as this, but then you run into the problem of, who can be a general when beta or whatever first starts? It has to start somewhere.

Bravescot
01-27-2015, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I'm really hoping they implement an idea such as this, but then you run into the problem of, who can be a general when beta or whatever first starts? It has to start somewhere.

I recon there should a set of impossible tests to do.

Fightlogan00
01-27-2015, 11:01 PM
I think there should be a in-game ranking system and you get promoted on how well you fight and command

Soulfly
01-28-2015, 05:49 AM
I think there should be a in-game ranking system and you get promoted on how well you fight and command

Which will result in, that one day only officers will fight...i would move away from ranking/ level systems, the ingame ranks should only be displayed by the uniforms depending on the role you are currently playing. Those level ups/ promotions like in Battlefield are next to useless.....

Bravescot
01-28-2015, 09:30 AM
Ranks should be next to impossible to get if your a pubber and should only be gained through being in a Regiment. The officers are obviously the regiment officers and then NCO ranks and such are gained through regimental promotion. If you leave the regiment how ever you loose your rank so people can't join to get the rank then quite. This will mean that most NCOs and Officers will hopefully be competent. Only issue is this could raise the issue of people forming a regiment just so they can have any rank they want.

Soulfly
01-28-2015, 09:36 AM
Ingame ranks and ranks within a clan/ regiment are not connected in any game i know and denying it to pubbers is not fair at all. Solutions will be as i said, ingame roles wear uniforms representing their ranks and maybe since it is possible to edit your character it will be possible to add certain insignia...but here comes the struggle with pubbers again.

So i prefer the ingame roles solution.

Bravescot
01-28-2015, 09:48 PM
Hmmm....maybe certain official event servers could have the regiment format of rank limitations implemented and public servers have have far more liberal rules on ranks.

Caserta34
01-28-2015, 10:29 PM
Is this going to be on a public server or will u have to be in a clan or group

Rithal
01-29-2015, 02:43 PM
It will definitely be public servers. You will probably have the option to host your own private servers for clans/regiments, and a regiment can always just get on public server.

Bravescot
01-29-2015, 06:03 PM
It's public for a reason. Ranks are going to be something that present an issue for a fair bit of time I recon.

Caserta34
01-31-2015, 09:05 PM
Ok thanks for the reply