PDA

View Full Version : 6th NY Cavalry Co.A (2nd IRA HARRIS GUARD)

Skye
01-08-2017, 12:03 AM
6th New York Cavalry ( 2nd IRA HARRIS GUARD ) 2ND BRIGADE, 1ST DIVISION CAVALRY CORPS

History

This regiment was organized originally by Col. O. De Forrest for the Ira Harris Cavalry Brigade, under special authority from the War Department, at New York city, and was, after having been turned over to the State, November 20, 1861, designated the Sixth Regiment of Cavalry, with Thomas C. Devin as Colonel. The companies were mustered in the service of the United States: At New York city, Company A September 12th. At the expiration of its term of service, those entitled thereto were discharged and the regiment retained in service.

The regiment left the State December 23, 1861, commanded by Col. Thomas C. Devin, appointed in November 1861, and served at York, Pa., from that time. Company A was with the 6th Corps in September, 1862, in the 2d Brigade, Pleasanton's Cavalry Division, Right Grand Division, Army of the Potomac, from December, 1862; in the 2d Brigade, 1st Division, Cavalry Corps, Army of the Potomac, from February, 1863; with the Army of the Shenandoah from October, 1864; and with the Army of the Potomac from March 26, 1865.

During its service the regiment lost, by death, killed in action, 5 officers, 49 enlisted men; of wounds received in action, 4 officers, 24 enlisted men; of disease and other causes, 133 enlisted men; total, 9 officers, 206 enlisted men; aggregate, 215; of whom 36 enlisted men died in the hands of the enemy.

Roster:

Company Staff:

Captain - Skye
1ST LT - Open
2nd LT - Wizzper
2nd LT - Hater

Platoon A[EU]:

NCOs:

First Sargent - Jaeger
Sargent - Kitten911
Corporal - PaulDylan

Enlisted:

Private - Rufty
Private - Roman
Private - Venice
Private - Bennyboy12
Private - Ragnar
Private - Bjorken
Private - Venice
Private - CiCin
Recruit - GoshMate
Recruit - Björken
Recruit - Humble Worker
Recruit - Ragnar
Recruit - Anti

Platoon B[NA]:

NCOs:

First Sargent - Open
Sargent - Nachillhomebro
Corporal - Open

Enlisted:

Colour Guard - Guppen
Private - Spark

Total company: 15

If you are interested in joining we will be playing mainly as mounted Skirmishers send a message to Skye or Jaeger. We have no Entry requirements we just want to get to know all our recruits and hope to create a fun and friendly environment! We use TeamSpeak3 for communication our address is: eu26.ts3.cloud:3218 If you join poke an officer for help if you need it!

Ranks we offer ( Warning these are not historically accurate ):

Captain
1st LT
Cornet

Squadren Corporal Major
Squadren Quatermaster Corporal
Recruitment Quatermaster Corporal
Staff Corporal
Corporal of Horse
Lance Corporal of Horse

Blacksmith
Trooper
Private
Cadet

Skyes Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/SkyeSmith/
Company Tool: https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewCompany?companyID=677#companyToolHeader

Skye

Lance Rawlings
01-08-2017, 01:03 AM
Best of luck!

michaelsmithern
01-08-2017, 03:10 AM
Good luck my dudes

Saris
01-08-2017, 03:23 AM
looky more cav to kill xD Welcome cant wait to meet yall on the battlefield

[WoR] Kiff
01-08-2017, 04:27 AM
Best of luck to my special friend Skye! I know you will do great things with your company and hope to see you in Christ's Brigade in the future. Christ's Brigade or not, you will be a successful company with great leadership and adaptability to the field. I hope you stay active and wish you the happiest of times and best of luck!

- Sincerely,
Kiffton A. Ridley

DomDowg
01-08-2017, 06:24 AM
When I saw IRA I thought you were becoming terrorists at first... lol! :p

Skye
01-08-2017, 06:27 AM
Best of luck!

Thank you!

Good luck my dudes

Thank you!

looky more cav to kill xD Welcome cant wait to meet yall on the battlefield

Not if we kill you first!

Kiff;54331']Best of luck to my special friend Skye! I know you will do great things with your company and hope to see you in Christ's Brigade in the future. Christ's Brigade or not, you will be a successful company with great leadership and adaptability to the field. I hope you stay active and wish you the happiest of times and best of luck!

- Sincerely,
Kiffton A. Ridley

Thank you Kiff!

When I saw IRA I thought you were becoming terrorists at first... lol! :p

Honestly when I looked up the 6th I thought I was too!

JaegerCoyote
01-08-2017, 01:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P96n8FmAc6k

Godspeed, guys

Skye
01-08-2017, 05:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P96n8FmAc6k

Godspeed, guys

Thanks? I think!

[NY3B]7USCAV_Col_George_C
01-09-2017, 02:59 PM
Well Good luck and God speed from a fello newyorker and also a cav cpt

Skye
01-09-2017, 09:54 PM
7USCAV_Col_George_C;54403']Well Good luck and God speed from a fello newyorker and also a cav cpt

Very nice to meet you Sir.

Mornay Oyster
04-12-2017, 01:25 PM
So happy to serve under you sir, I look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!
- Shamus O'Berne