PDA

View Full Version : Wounds/Dead bodys

JohnACuster
02-22-2015, 04:24 AM
I was wondering, if you are shot in the arm, or leg, what will happen? Will you just die, still be able to use that limb but bleed to death?

Also, when you die, is it possible that your body can still move, like a wounded person wounded person holding his gut or arm, but then stay still and die eventually?

Aniallator
02-22-2015, 12:15 PM
On the subject of death, how long before a dead body disappears? I hope to see some Mathew Brady photograph-esque scenes, lots of dead bodies strewn across a field :)

Hinkel
02-22-2015, 12:30 PM
We will try to simulate this in a realistic way, as far as we can ingame.
When you are hit in the legs or arms, you will get debuffs (like slower reload, slower movement) together with various visual effects, which try to simulate your critical wound :)

Bravescot
02-22-2015, 12:56 PM
Will you be able to get limbs taken off by cannon balls? It should be an insta death but it would be odd to have a cannon ball fly through a person with no effect but killing them as if it were M&B

Hinkel
02-22-2015, 01:17 PM
Will you be able to get limbs taken off by cannon balls? It should be an insta death but it would be odd to have a cannon ball fly through a person with no effect but killing them as if it were M&B

Sometimes its better to read the homepage ;)

"Players can feel the whiz of deadly shot and shell fly by their bodies, or hit their comrades or themselves as they scream in a bloody hail from their wounds. Limbs will fly and blood will be spilt once again as Campfire Games brings the fighting of the Civil War right to the player's computer screen! "

Bravescot
02-22-2015, 01:56 PM
And sometimes I'm too lazy xD sorry Hinkel baby

Hairywarhero
02-22-2015, 03:29 PM
MMM sounds really good

Bravescot
02-22-2015, 04:16 PM
So will there be blood splattering onto the screen as if it's been spattered onto your face.

Aniallator
02-22-2015, 04:38 PM
When you lose a limb, will you just bleed faster, or die instantaneously?

Rithal
02-22-2015, 06:56 PM
Referring to the original post, it should be important that you make as many bodies as possible on the map at one time. Too often I get a great war game (Verdun, Red Orchestra 2) and the immersion is ruined by seeing a dead comrade's body disappear right in front of me.

Soulfly
02-23-2015, 06:57 AM
Referring to the original post, it should be important that you make as many bodies as possible on the map at one time. Too often I get a great war game (Verdun, Red Orchestra 2) and the immersion is ruined by seeing a dead comrade's body disappear right in front of me.

Which has to do with performance issues, since rendering/ displaying dead bodies also needs some resources. Now think about 200 bodies lying around, musketry and smoke all over the place...this is a costly thing ;) that is why RO2 let the bodies disappear after a certain time.

Rithal
02-23-2015, 08:11 AM
Which has to do with performance issues, since rendering/ displaying dead bodies also needs some resources. Now think about 200 bodies lying around, musketry and smoke all over the place...this is a costly thing ;) that is why RO2 let the bodies disappear after a certain time.

That is true, however, I bet these FANTASTIC developers can find a way around this :D

Hairywarhero
02-23-2015, 11:17 AM
True that performance issues happens on any server even on M&B

Bravescot
02-23-2015, 04:38 PM

Maybe the body limit can be set in the options? So people can opt to have a mass amount of corpse or none at all

Rithal
02-23-2015, 07:18 PM
Maybe the body limit can be set in the options? So people can opt to have a mass amount of corpse or none at all

I would like something like this definitely.

Bravescot
02-23-2015, 07:34 PM
I would like something like this definitely.

Idea I took from M&B xD

Hairywarhero
02-23-2015, 11:01 PM
Idea I took from M&B xD

so bad mate ;)