PDA

View Full Version : How do pledge reward guns work?

pandatoby117
01-31-2017, 03:02 AM
Is it just an insta-unlock of a weapon others will have to unlock in game or is it special and only the people who pledged get said firearm?

Lance Rawlings
01-31-2017, 03:22 AM
Welcome to the WoR forums!

Only the people who pledged for tier-reward firearms will ever get them, they will not be available for others. At least from what I understand. The pledge firearms will be "equippable" upon the game's release.

pandatoby117
01-31-2017, 03:30 AM
Awesome, will be pledging shortly.

Saris
01-31-2017, 03:33 AM
Welcome to the WoR forums!

Only the people who pledged for tier-reward firearms will ever get them, they will not be available for others. At least from what I understand. The pledge firearms will be "equippable" upon the game's release.

So with that idea in mind, what uniform will the 11th Mississippi and the 79th New York be wearing if you do not own those tiers? Since they are a part of different tiers and if you don't own the tier that is equivalent or higher?

pandatoby117
01-31-2017, 03:35 AM
Maybe that will simply be one of the uniform variants or something?

Also when it says everything above, if one was to say order Major would they also get all the guns from the lower ranks? Figured it does but better safe than sorry.

Lance Rawlings
01-31-2017, 04:48 AM
Maybe that will simply be one of the uniform variants or something?

Also when it says everything above, if one was to say order Major would they also get all the guns from the lower ranks? Figured it does but better safe than sorry.

I'm not exactly sure, I imagine they will have to stick with a less fancy uniform perhaps, or at least one that was common. In the Confederacy, uniforms weren't always very "uniform."

Yes, you get all lower rank rewards as well.

Kyle422
01-31-2017, 06:21 AM
As stated only those that pledge will ever get these items EVER! Which means when the pledge is gone they are gone for good not even those that buy steam early access from what I was told will get these items. As for the uniforms that you pledge for. Those that do not pledge that tier will not get those uniform and when playing that specific unit will either get a less fancy uniform or just a standard confederate uniform or union uniform.
- Kyle

Wildcat
01-31-2017, 03:05 PM
So with that idea in mind, what uniform will the 11th Mississippi and the 79th New York be wearing if you do not own those tiers? Since they are a part of different tiers and if you don't own the tier that is equivalent or higher?

They will wear the more common Uniforms of the Regiment.

The Tartan and Glengarry of the 79th hardly existed by the Maryland Campaign and only a few had them, Same for the 11th's special Uniform. The 79th went on to wear standard Union Uniform and I assume the 11th went on to wear standard Confederate Uniforms or at least another type of Uniform.

It's to make the game more accurate and so you don't have a whole 79th Company wearing Tartan Trews and Glengarry's etc.

Lance Rawlings
01-31-2017, 04:16 PM

The Tartan and Glengarry of the 79th hardly existed by the Maryland Campaign and only a few had them, Same for the 11th's special Uniform. The 79th went on to wear standard Union Uniform and I assume the 11th went on to wear standard Confederate Uniforms or at least another type of Uniform.

It's to make the game more accurate and so you don't have a whole 79th Company wearing Tartan Trews and Glengarry's etc.

Exactly. Weren't the Zouave uniforms a rare site by Sept. 1862 as well?

TrustyJam
01-31-2017, 05:02 PM
All correct answers. Thanks gents. :)

- Trusty

Lance Rawlings
01-31-2017, 09:20 PM
All correct answers. Thanks gents. :)

- Trusty

Anytime! We try ;)

A. P. Hill
02-01-2017, 12:26 AM

Not to mention that the tartans were more of a Dress Parade uniform, and not a fatigue uniform. Also all those special uniforms, both Zouave and Highlanders, and etc., were way more expensive to manufacture so in order to cut costs and keep everyone looking similar, the various war departments issued uniform codes and uniforms for their various soldiers. And as was said, by 1862, pretty much any "specialty" uniform was non existent

Kyle422
02-01-2017, 01:01 AM
In all honesty I could have went without the pledge uniforms they are cool in all but like A. P. Hill said they were pretty rare by 1862 there were only a few "special units" that kept their Zouave uniforms through out the whole war.

- Kyle

TrustyJam
02-01-2017, 04:53 AM
In all honesty I could have went without the pledge uniforms they are cool in all but like A. P. Hill said they were pretty rare by 1862 there were only a few "special units" that kept their Zouave uniforms through out the whole war.

- Kyle

Possibly. Not a sound plan in terms of chances of funding though. :)

- Trusty

Kyle422
02-01-2017, 05:46 PM
Possibly. Not a sound plan in terms of chances of funding though. :)

- Trusty

This is agreeable, I understand why you guys did it. The uniforms are cool as stated That's why I pledged for them ;)

- Kyle