PDA

View Full Version : One company only?

lowflyingsasquatch
02-02-2017, 11:42 PM
Sorry of this has been covered somewhere else, I searched but couldn't see anything. I have signed up with a company using the company tool. Will we be limited to one character in the game or is it possible to play with more than one company?

[WoR] Kiff
02-02-2017, 11:55 PM
Why would you need to be in more then one company? Being in a company takes much time, effort and dedication. Very time consuming if you are going to be an active company and this game is going off of historical accuracy so that's why you can only be in 1. :p

Lance Rawlings
02-03-2017, 02:15 AM
It is not possible to be in two different companies with one account. I don't know if you'll still be allowed to have multiple characters.

lowflyingsasquatch
02-04-2017, 12:58 PM
That's fine I was just wondering. It probably seems obvious to some but some of this stuff is not always apparent to new players. Thank you.

Leifr
02-04-2017, 01:05 PM
I do believe though that there are plans to have servers open where folk can choose Union or Confederate outside of their restricted allegiance.*

*Don't take my word for it, developer information may be found somewhere on the forum.

Lance Rawlings
02-04-2017, 04:00 PM
That's fine I was just wondering. It probably seems obvious to some but some of this stuff is not always apparent to new players. Thank you.

No problem! We're all learning! The only reason I'm not sure we are allowed multiple company tool accounts is due to the potential of people having multiple accounts in the same company, making them appear larger.

Stalin
04-13-2017, 08:11 PM
Sorry of this has been covered somewhere else, I searched but couldn't see anything. I have signed up with a company using the company tool. Will we be limited to one character in the game or is it possible to play with more than one company?

I'm pretty sure its generally taboo to do such in most communities or at least in most mount and blade mods it is(thats the community I'm from and know) but i could be wrong

MolonLabe0928
04-14-2017, 05:00 PM
My guess is there will be servers that allow you to play either said (much like a typical multiplayer server would) then others will lock you to what you picked from your profile. That'd be my guess anyway, but to me having to choose was what made this decision even harder. I had family that fought on both sides, so I could've done CSA, Kentucky too lol.

Kyle422
04-15-2017, 05:22 AM
I do believe though that there are plans to have servers open where folk can choose Union or Confederate outside of their restricted allegiance.*

*Don't take my word for it, developer information may be found somewhere on the forum.

I was under the impression that there will be 2 types of game modes one where it is historical full battle where you fight for every inch of the map, and you will be locked to your rank, role and company in the company tool. Then there is one where it will be like skirmish where you fight over small portions of the map and you are not going to be locked to your company from the company tool you can choose whatever unit/side you like but will have to earn your rank in the skirmish mode sorta like a progression. That way you don't have people/kids that just bought the game whom don't know what they are doing going around and trying to command.

This is unconfirmed but the idea of it was thrown around and most liked it.

- Kyle

Stalin
04-15-2017, 01:39 PM
I was under the impression that there will be 2 types of game modes one where it is historical full battle where you fight for every inch of the map, and you will be locked to your rank, role and company in the company tool. Then there is one where it will be like skirmish where you fight over small portions of the map and you are not going to be locked to your company from the company tool you can choose whatever unit/side you like but will have to earn your rank in the skirmish mode sorta like a progression. That way you don't have people/kids that just bought the game whom don't know what they are doing going around and trying to command.

This is unconfirmed but the idea of it was thrown around and most liked it.

- Kyle

Would the progression be permanent, or would it reset every time you joined that server/group of servers?(In your mind)

Kyle422
04-18-2017, 03:22 AM
Would the progression be permanent, or would it reset every time you joined that server/group of servers?(In your mind)

This isn't a question I can answer cause what I stated is uncertain and may not even take affect. Just stating that it was kinda thrown around by a few people. Though in my eyes that route would make the most sense.

-Kyle

Burned Vision
05-19-2017, 03:18 AM
igg