PDA

View Full Version : War Of Rights Community Event: Skirmish Day (1)

[WoR] Kiff
02-08-2017, 04:47 PM
This Event Will Be Hosted The First Day Of Skirmish Release Whenever That Day May Be!
Drill Captain: Glen Ford
Drill Sgt: Gondor
Drill Sgt: To Be Named
Event Coordinator: Charms
Server: CSA_NA_Official
Confirmed Casters:
DiplexHeated
PixelatedApollo
Chadtopia
Lord_John
Musicman
WarriorOfSparta (Possible)
Malakith Skadi
GladiatorKnight

This is the first War of Rights Community Event for Skirmish Release! We hope to see many old and new faces here and are planning the structure of the event and how it will be conducted very carefully and cautiously with much time, dedication, and effort. Thank you for choosing "War Of Rights Community Events" See you on the battlefield! To the colors!
Signed, Charms (Event Planner/Coordinator)

Leifr
02-08-2017, 06:27 PM
This seems a little too forward thinking of you Kiff, skirmishes could be a month away or a whole year.

[WoR] Kiff
02-08-2017, 06:53 PM
This seems a little too forward thinking of you Kiff, skirmishes could be a month away or a whole year.

We know that it could be soon or far, regardless, we are cancelling our Tech Alpha events since things will be much more operable in Skirmish release.

yoyo8346
02-08-2017, 06:56 PM
I don't see why anyone would want to drill on the first day of skirmishes. I would also imagine skirmishes will take place on skirmish servers, meaning there is no need for your people to moderate anything. This is of course assuming that all the systems (spawning, matchmaking, etc.) are functional at the same time.

[WoR] Kiff
02-08-2017, 06:58 PM
I don't see why anyone would want to drill on the first day of skirmishes. I would also imagine skirmishes will take place on skirmish servers, meaning there is no need for your people to moderate anything. This is of course assuming that all the systems (spawning, matchmaking, etc.) are functional at the same time.

It's a test for all of us in the community. Server stability, amount of players, and what's in the update will all be tested, we are expecting numerous issues to occur but are prepared for it when and if it does happen.

yoyo8346
02-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Kiff;55437']It's a test for all of us in the community. Server stability, amount of players, and what's in the update will all be tested, we are expecting numerous issues to occur but are prepared for it when and if it does happen.

That's doesn't address what I said at all, but ok.

Leifr
02-08-2017, 07:13 PM

Kiff;55437']It's a test for all of us in the community. Server stability, amount of players, and what's in the update will all be tested, we are expecting numerous issues to occur but are prepared for it when and if it does happen.

Mr Charles W. Field is correct in his assumption.
I am not sure who you are responding to Kiff but you have an awful habit of writing in first-person plural - frankly it's rather irritating. You would do better if you spoke more for yourself and less for the 'community'. I think it's a folly to pursue the course you are upon; it would be so much more useful to CFG were the existing events to continue in the name of gathering data and providing dump logs for analysis but I suppose the pursuit of vainglory and vanity is preferential. :rolleyes:

[WoR] Kiff
02-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Mr Charles W. Field is correct in his assumption.
I am not sure who you are responding to Kiff but you have an awful habit of writing in first-person plural - frankly it's rather irritating. You would do better if you spoke more for yourself and less for the 'community'. I think it's a folly to pursue the course you are upon; it would be so much more useful to CFG were the existing events to continue in the name of gathering data and providing dump logs for analysis but I suppose the pursuit of vainglory and vanity is preferential. :rolleyes:

Mhmm. Not really sure that you saying that benefits anything but sure, we'll roll with it. I'm not really sure what you are trying to get out of saying that? Am I supposed to be angry or... Point is I don't speak for the "Community" I speak for the "War Of Rights Community" Which is an organization for this game in case you were unaware. We help stress test the servers and figure out bugs along the way doing so. I am just stating that our next event will be in skirmishes no need to make more out of it :rolleyes:

Macliness
02-08-2017, 08:38 PM
Kiff;55443']Mhmm. Not really sure that you saying that benefits anything but sure, we'll roll with it. I'm not really sure what you are trying to get out of saying that? Am I supposed to be angry or... Point is I don't speak for the "Community" I speak for the "War Of Rights Community" Which is an organization for this game in case you were unaware. We help stress test the servers and figure out bugs along the way doing so. I am just stating that our next event will be in skirmishes no need to make more out of it :rolleyes:

This does't look to much like you where talking about the WoR Community when you posted "It's a test for all of us in the community." just saying.

[WoR] Kiff
02-08-2017, 08:52 PM
This does't look to much like you where talking about the WoR Community when you posted "It's a test for all of us in the community." just saying.

Well yes, lol. Of course that is implying all of the community right there because we need to stress test the servers and see what could be deducted improved and altered. :rolleyes:

Macliness
02-08-2017, 08:59 PM
Kiff;55447']Well yes, lol. Of course that is implying all of the community right there because we need to stress test the servers and see what could be deducted improved and altered. :rolleyes:

"Point is I don't speak for the "Community" I speak for the "War Of Rights Community"" Are they all not under one banner? or do we like to call ourselves something different? last time i checked i and like everyone else on this Forum and those meany more to come ARE the War of Rights Community.

Jasin210
02-08-2017, 09:27 PM
Nice!

[WoR] Kiff
02-08-2017, 09:32 PM
"Point is I don't speak for the "Community" I speak for the "War Of Rights Community"" Are they all not under one banner? or do we like to call ourselves something different? last time i checked i and like everyone else on this Forum and those meany more to come ARE the War of Rights Community.

Macliness.. You are really not understanding what I said are you? Do me a favor and go over it again before you get all "Righteous"

Macliness
02-08-2017, 09:37 PM
Kiff;55451']Macliness.. You are really not understanding what I said are you? Do me a favor and go over it again before you get all "Righteous"

i understand quite clearly. i'm even copying it for you to see! you are saying you speak for the Community then double back to say that you are speaking for the WoR community? Are they not the same thing? Because to me they are the same thing. i think you may have something mixed up. possibly the difference between your opinion and the opinion of the Community.

[WoR] Kiff
02-08-2017, 09:39 PM
i understand quite clearly. i'm even copying it for you to see! you are saying you speak for the Community then double back to say that you are speaking for the WoR community? Are they not the same thing? Because to me they are the same thing. i think you may have something mixed up. possibly the difference between your opinion and the opinion of the Community.

Andrew there are different components to a community. No need to be hostile. Let me rephrase if this is such an issue. We stress test servers for the entire WoR community through our "War Of Rights Community" Event hosting. Make sense now? :rolleyes:

Macliness
02-08-2017, 09:46 PM
Kiff;55453']Andrew there are different components to a community. No need to be hostile. Let me rephrase if this is such an issue. We stress test servers for the entire WoR community through our "War Of Rights Community" Event hosting. Make sense now? :rolleyes:

the point of this is the Difference between your opinion and the opinion of others and how you saying for the Community and not yourself.

i'm sure you know that you don't speak for everyone as there are many who disagree with you. so how can u say that you know everyone is with you?

*idea*Also maybe looking for a new Group name might be a nice idea as people may mistake it for the actual WoR Community main group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/warofrights

P.S. My name is not Andrew

Rithal
02-08-2017, 10:08 PM
-Thread Closed-

This thread has obviously strayed very far off course. If you have a concern with a thread feel free to private message the thread owner or a moderator about it.

It'll be reopened closer to the date of the event to allow for planning and discussion about the event itself.

Fancy Sweetroll
02-09-2017, 11:42 AM
Kiff;55435']We know that it could be soon or far, regardless, we are cancelling our Tech Alpha events since things will be much more operable in Skirmish release.

Thats a shame, was looking forward to the next event the 11th to test the performance increase on characters one of the recent updates brought.

ps. I realize the thread is closed. Having more events before skirmishes would still be extremely valuable to us developers though.