PDA

View Full Version : Will you be in a online regiment/ clan in wor or pick a ingame regiment

Bulzome
02-28-2015, 03:25 PM
Will you be in a online regiment or a ingame one?

For everyone who saw my last post I know I already talked about this but its really bugging me. I have no problem in joining a online regiment its just that sometimes being in a regiment can take up a lot of time but now that I think about it i'll I have no problem as long as the regiment is historically accurate and what I mean by that is it fought in the actual campaighn of Maryland. because if it wasn't there the specific things about said regiment won't be there the flag (im assumeing there will be flag carriers) and specific things on their uniforms. The real thing that's bugging me is if I don't join a regiment if I play on a public server nobody will line up in ranks and things like that

I have'ent had a reply from a dev yet but please I would love if a dev responed to this

TrustyJam
02-28-2015, 07:05 PM
Will you be in a online regiment or a ingame one?

For everyone who saw my last post I know I already talked about this but its really bugging me. I have no problem in joining a online regiment its just that sometimes being in a regiment can take up a lot of time but now that I think about it i'll I have no problem as long as the regiment is historically accurate and what I mean by that is it fought in the actual campaighn of Maryland. because if it wasn't there the specific things about said regiment won't be there the flag (im assumeing there will be flag carriers) and specific things on their uniforms. The real thing that's bugging me is if I don't join a regiment if I play on a public server nobody will line up in ranks and things like that

I have'ent had a reply from a dev yet but please I would love if a dev responed to this

Being a part of a regiment ingame is essential. It's up to you if you want to join a clan.

- Trusty

Bulzome
02-28-2015, 11:43 PM
Thanks trusty this really makes all my worries wash away now

GeorgeCrecy
03-01-2015, 07:17 AM
Additionally Bulzome, I will also mention another of your concerns to let you know that there will only be the historical units represented in the game that were actually there at the actual battle. Also, the "instant action" modes will allow people to have more free game play than the regular mode, which could take hours to complete. However, there is still regimental play rather than the rambo craziness common in other games.

Bravescot
03-01-2015, 11:13 AM
The ramboing was always a worry for me when I first saw this game. What kind of things are being implemented to deter people from ramboing?

TrustyJam
03-01-2015, 11:18 AM
The ramboing was always a worry for me when I first saw this game. What kind of things are being implemented to deter people from ramboing?

We have quite a few incentives to make players want to stick together. Won't go into detail just yet though.

- Trusty

Soulfly
03-02-2015, 02:40 PM
I hope that i will have the time for joining an online regiment, rifle drill and exercising together with other enthusiastic players is just awesome.

Historical Player
03-20-2015, 09:15 PM
I will lead my brave 36th Virginia Infantry into battle. We are very excited for the game!

BloodBeag
04-07-2015, 01:24 PM
what are you saying is the difference between an in-game reg and an online reg?

Do you mean an online reg is one that plays lots of games together like a proper clan and an in-game reg is one that just plays on WoR?

Broccoli
04-12-2015, 12:09 AM
Are you thinking of something similar to Napoleonic Wars for Mount&Blade Warband?

Rithal
04-12-2015, 08:59 AM
Are you thinking of something similar to Napoleonic Wars for Mount&Blade Warband?

What do you mean? Will the game be like NW? They will have some similarities in concept however this is on a much better engine, has waaay better graphics, and will be a better, less buggy, more modern game in general.

Ry1459
04-12-2015, 09:16 PM
What do you mean? Will the game be like NW? They will have some similarities in concept however this is on a much better engine, has waaay better graphics, and will be a better, less buggy, more modern game in general.

I think he meant how regiments work in NW.

Rithal
04-12-2015, 10:42 PM
I think he meant how regiments work in NW.

Well in that case it is completely up to us how the regiments will work. People will probably develop a system of regiments similar to NW, so yes.

Simon445
04-14-2015, 03:22 PM
My plans on War of Rights release:

- Buy the game

- Already in a reg

- March from spawn to battle with my reg

".404 Social life has stopped working"

Zahari
04-14-2015, 03:25 PM
My plans on War of Rights release:

- Buy the game

- Already in a reg

- March from spawn to battle with my reg

".404 Social life has stopped working"
You mean "You are banned from the server called Life"

Simon445
04-15-2015, 12:08 PM
You mean "You are banned from the server called Life"

Pretty much :P

Hethwill_Khan
04-17-2015, 05:14 PM
Online regiment of course. And then we go all into a ingame regiment spots and have fun. Can't get more easy than that.

William
04-20-2015, 03:48 PM
In a Regiment :D 100% Regiment ^^

Simon445
04-28-2015, 05:34 PM
In a Regiment :D 100% Regiment ^^

In which regiment are you ? for North and South mod or are you planning to join a reg when game comes out ? :)

I'm in "19thLV Company A" for North and South :D

RhettVito
05-06-2015, 03:44 PM
Online and ingame regiment the 23rdNC

William
05-07-2015, 09:46 AM
In which regiment are you ? for North and South mod or are you planning to join a reg when game comes out ? :)

Got no regiment right now... i will look if i find a good one or if i make my one one i don´t know jet

Soulfly
05-07-2015, 09:48 AM
How about the 1st German immigrant Volunteer Regiment ? ;D

William
05-07-2015, 03:33 PM
I Will take a look i love disceplin and historical Play (no ramboing, Fomations, drills ....)
i will go in such a reg ^^

Historical Player
05-07-2015, 08:56 PM

I am the Commander of the 36th Virginia Infantry. I will lead my regiment into the War of Rights Battlefield!

Price
05-23-2015, 02:46 PM
Well the Reg I am in which is the 84e AU Regiment, Will have the same members but we'll just change it to something more Historical to the Era..

PunIsheR
05-25-2015, 01:07 PM
When War of rights released im create the 19th Tennessee thats will be a German speakers Regiments.

Bravescot
05-25-2015, 04:55 PM
I command a Brigade in N&S but if the devs took heed and removed full regiments then I don't think Brigades wouldn't exist anymore. So I'm going to command the 2ndUSSS!

Octavian360
05-26-2015, 02:40 AM
I currently do not have a regiment but will be joining one for sure in and out of game.

Historical Player
05-26-2015, 04:36 PM
I would love to see reenactments with as many of the actual units as possible. My 36th Virginia Infantry will never go away!

PurplePanda
06-07-2015, 07:44 PM
I will be starting my own regiment with friends from NW.

DictatorDom
06-07-2015, 07:52 PM
I'm really looking forward to being in an active online regiment! I just recently found this forum so I'm hoping to find people to play with regularly and talk lots of history with :D. And of course to make our group well known on the field of battle. I used to play a lot of Nationstates and made some lifelong friends from my very close Region, I'm hoping for a similar experience.

Cynfar
06-07-2015, 08:20 PM
Yep, I agree on this! Same reasons why I will join one.

Rithal
06-07-2015, 10:23 PM
I'm really looking forward to being in an active online regiment! I just recently found this forum so I'm hoping to find people to play with regularly and talk lots of history with :D. And of course to make our group well known on the field of battle. I used to play a lot of Nationstates and made some lifelong friends from my very close Region, I'm hoping for a similar experience.

I also have had similar experiences with both Nation States and Napoleonic Wars in the past. :D

Bravescot
06-07-2015, 11:12 PM
Nationstates is the bomb....Do I smell a region for us being set up?

DictatorDom
06-08-2015, 03:42 AM
Nationstates is the bomb....Do I smell a region for us being set up?
I'd come back for it! Gotta be aware though, I'm an avid raider.

DictatorDom
06-08-2015, 03:53 AM
I also have had similar experiences with both Nation States and Napoleonic Wars in the past. :D
I'm surprised I never heard too much at all about Napoleonic Wars until this here forum... Seriously thinking of getting it if just for the North and South mod. One can only play so much ACW for Empire: Total War and Victoria 2 with a ton of civil war mods :D

Rithal
06-08-2015, 04:29 AM
I'm surprised I never heard too much at all about Napoleonic Wars until this here forum... Seriously thinking of getting it if just for the North and South mod. One can only play so much ACW for Empire: Total War and Victoria 2 with a ton of civil war mods :D

Although the M&B engine is somewhat limiting realism-wise, there is nothing quite like being one soldier in a battle of more than 100 people! :D

DictatorDom
06-08-2015, 04:43 AM
Although the M&B engine is somewhat limiting realism-wise, there is nothing quite like being one soldier in a battle of more than 100 people! :D
Hey, I got paid today. Looks like I'll get it now!

Rithal
06-08-2015, 06:00 AM
Hey, I got paid today. Looks like I'll get it now!

Bear in mind you need both Mount and Blade: Warband, and the Napoleonic Wars DLC. Other than that, welcome to the wonderful world (or not so wonderful world) of Napoleonic Wars! :)

Bravescot
06-08-2015, 09:12 AM
I hope you're a unionist you can hop in and join my reg the 72nd Pennsylvania.

Rithal
06-08-2015, 09:42 AM

I was wondering how long it would be before someone tries to recruit him. :D

Soulfly
06-08-2015, 10:05 AM
Oh dear...that regiment thingy again ? wasnt it said that regiments/ recruiting arent live yet ?

DictatorDom
06-08-2015, 12:04 PM
Bear in mind you need both Mount and Blade: Warband, and the Napoleonic Wars DLC. Other than that, welcome to the wonderful world (or not so wonderful world) of Napoleonic Wars! :)
Downloaded it all last night :D

I downloaded North and South but are people still playing?

William
06-08-2015, 12:51 PM
Yes since this weekend we have N&S 1.0 :D

DictatorDom
06-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Yes since this weekend we have N&S 1.0 :D
Oh! I didn't realize! I picked a good time to join then! I'm not sure if I downloaded that or the beta mod, would you be able to send a download link so I can check?

Rithal
06-08-2015, 08:42 PM
Oh! I didn't realize! I picked a good time to join then! I'm not sure if I downloaded that or the beta mod, would you be able to send a download link so I can check?

It is in fact a great time to join! I'm considering going back and merc'ing with a regiment myself. Does anyone know if the 7th Texas commanded by Leroy O'Finnegan is still around? :D

TrustyJam
06-08-2015, 08:48 PM
As much as I like Hinkel's mod (was part of the line battle with Fancy last saturday, yay!) - I'm going to ask you guys to stay on topic. :)

- Trusty

Historical Player
06-09-2015, 06:09 AM
Hinkel did an amazing job with 1.0. I can't wait until you all add the 36th Virginia Infantry into the mod. =D

William
06-10-2015, 08:55 AM
wait I just wrote it twice what do you mean by online and ingame regiment what every you in you play ingame and the Regiment is online xD or do you mean like the troops you can select as clas is a ingame regimetn and online Regiment is the Regiment what you choose what has no unit ingame or i´m wrong ?

hobbitcankill
08-05-2015, 12:37 AM
wait I just wrote it twice what do you mean by online and ingame regiment what every you in you play ingame and the Regiment is online xD or do you mean like the troops you can select as clas is a ingame regimetn and online Regiment is the Regiment what you choose what has no unit ingame or i´m wrong ?

I am confused

Macca
08-12-2015, 05:24 PM
Someone mentioned North and South? It's definitely still active. Each Union Army hosted event consists of a full 200 slot server. Battles are good.

Anyway, time to respect Trusty's message and stay on topic. Memes.

Dipington
09-07-2015, 04:20 PM
quick, someone answer william's question

Bravescot
09-10-2015, 07:27 PM
quick, someone answer william's question

No...don't wa na :p

Dipington
09-13-2015, 04:53 PM
no...don't wa na :p

do it! Just do it!!!

DomDowg
09-20-2015, 03:12 AM
Join the 1st Maryland today by befriending DomDowg on steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198088962823/ Nothing More Historical than a Leader Born an raised in Anne Arundel County Maryland just 1 hour from Antietam or Sharpsburg, MD so join now!

DomDowg
09-20-2015, 03:16 AM
Hey I am from Maryland Anne Arundel County and I still am I live 1 hour from Sharpsburg, MD or Antietam Creek. I was wondering would you like to join the 1st Maryland Volunteer Infantry Regiment for War of Rights.

Potus
09-20-2015, 01:15 PM
Hey I am from Maryland Anne Arundel County and I still am I live 1 hour from Sharpsburg, MD or Antietam Creek. I was wondering would you like to join the 1st Maryland Volunteer Infantry Regiment for War of Rights.

Enough. No regiment names can be reserved at this point. We will support a group tool and all will be going into detail about it come the kickstarter campaign.

- Trusty

we are all exited but we just gonna have to wait a little bit more before we can go and create actual regiments on this platform :)

Bravescot
09-21-2015, 07:41 PM
we are all exited but we just gonna have to wait a little bit more before we can go and create actual regiments on this platform :)

Why do people not bother to look into the Regimental matter before making posts like this?

zimmer1lb
09-23-2015, 01:11 PM
Now chilluns.........is ol zimm gonna have to git out the willow switch???

zimm out

Potus
09-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Why do people not bother to look into the Regimental matter before making posts like this?

most people will 9/10 look at this as the next most familiar platform, known as Mount and blade Warband Napoleonic wars, where it pretty much suffices to "reserve" a regiment on the forums.

Boy are they in for a treat :D