PDA

View Full Version : Messengers/ stealing messages/ captureing other players/ flag carriers

Bulzome
03-01-2015, 09:06 PM
So im pretty sure the game is in real time so question will there be messengers, im thinking this is the way generals will send commands to other people since the game is in real time (i think)
On to stealing messages imagine your playing the game (even though that's what everyone on the forums exept the devs are thinking about) your a playing as a union soldier and your in a melee with a confederate regiment on the part of the antineam map that has the wooded hill (i know this part of the map exists because i watched the tour of antineam) and the confederate regiment reatreats and while your watching them retreat you see a mounted soldier you shoot his horse he falls off and you knock him out or something (you already guessed it im implementing the being captured part here) you see he has a pouch you bring it to the regiment captain he looks at it at boom you just intercepted a either extremely important message or a somewhat useless one. So onto flag carriers flags were very important in the civil war there were many confusing battles but regimental colors as they called them would be a sort of rally point for men say a calvary charge just happened you look for the colors and you reform there.

Thanks for feedback would love to here from devs and regular members:cool:

Rithal
03-01-2015, 09:10 PM
Flags and flag bearers will definitely be in the game.

As for couriers and such, the topic of relaying orders is still up for debate here on the forum. I personally would also like to see couriers carrying messages written by actual officers, however there are also some other systems that have been mentioned.

I also mentioned capturing a while back. There has been nothing official announced on capturing soldiers such as couriers yet. Devs can definitely help out here on this subject matter.

Bulzome
03-01-2015, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback! can you tell me what other systems were metioned

MrAmerican
03-21-2015, 10:25 PM

As for couriers and such, the topic of relaying orders is still up for debate here on the forum. I personally would also like to see couriers carrying messages written by actual officers, however there are also some other systems that have been mentioned.

I also mentioned capturing a while back. There has been nothing official announced on capturing soldiers such as couriers yet. Devs can definitely help out here on this subject matter.

It would be cool if you could send messages back and forth but people will always use external applications such as Teamspeak or Skype, ect. So you can never force people to use the system, in many cases people probably wont want to use the system because they wouldn't want to wait for response or delivery of the message when they can just poke them on teamspeak or call them up on skype. I feel only the hardcore players would use this system if it implemented at first, but over time snail mail will put you at a huge disadvantage so eventually even the hardcore players will move over to using instant messaging or voice/facecam calls.

Bravescot
03-21-2015, 11:23 PM
I have to say you have highlighted something I was pandering over. Great as a courier system would be people might just say 'sod it' and use teamspeak to speed things up. The best a courier could be then was a scout who HAD to go back to the general in order the the General's hub to get the new info in the foe that the scout say.

Rithal
03-22-2015, 05:40 AM
Well, as long as there is no "team chat" available, people in public servers will be forced to use VOIP and messengers to communicate. Of course regiments will almost definitely use teamspeak, the command structure will go well beyond the regimental level, so even if you have a regiment that uses ts, there will also be the command staff, and multiple other units in completely separate ts servers (usually) and this will make the use of messengers absolutely mandatory if you want your team to work in any kind of coherence.

Messengers will also be very useful in public play where most people are in a random assortment and don't know anyone, so when units organize, they will need messengers to communicate. This makes the use of messengers not only fun, cool, and historically accurate, but completely necessary to win the battle ;)

MrAmerican
03-22-2015, 10:14 PM
Well, as long as there is no "team chat" available, people in public servers will be forced to use VOIP and messengers to communicate. Of course regiments will almost definitely use teamspeak, the command structure will go well beyond the regimental level, so even if you have a regiment that uses ts, there will also be the command staff, and multiple other units in completely separate ts servers (usually) and this will make the use of messengers absolutely mandatory if you want your team to work in any kind of coherence.

Messengers will also be very useful in public play where most people are in a random assortment and don't know anyone, so when units organize, they will need messengers to communicate. This makes the use of messengers not only fun, cool, and historically accurate, but completely necessary to win the battle ;)

I didn't think about that... you made a pretty good point :)

Rithal
03-23-2015, 01:28 AM
I didn't think about that... you made a pretty good point :)

Glad to help :D

Historical Player
03-24-2015, 03:25 AM

I would just execute the messengers Tarleton style, lol!

Bravescot
03-24-2015, 09:56 AM
Hide in a bush then snipe the courier and take his message. Whole battle swing on that single kill.

Rithal
03-25-2015, 01:40 AM
I would just execute the messengers Tarleton style, lol!

That good sire is against the rules of war! :D This is war, but it should stay...... civil. OH SNAP. 360 N0SC0PE. But yeah, executing would be fun, but... well I can't really find anything to keep you from doing it XD I bet though, rp'ing will be fun as long as both sides can communicate in voip... That would actually be really weird. Has anyone thought about that? NEW THREAD COMING UP!

Bravescot
03-25-2015, 10:13 AM
Federal Officer: You're found guilty of spying how do you plea?
Confederate soldier: *plays never going to give you up over VOIP*
Federal Men: ARG! Shoot him, shoot him sombody! *Blows Rebels's brains out*

Rithal
03-25-2015, 09:58 PM
Federal Officer: You're found guilty of spying how do you plea?
Confederate soldier: *plays never going to give you up over VOIP*
Federal Men: ARG! Shoot him, shoot him sombody! *Blows Rebels's brains out*

Sounds like a video game version of the Sam Davis trial. Ever heard of him?

Bravescot
03-25-2015, 10:58 PM
Sounds like a video game version of the Sam Davis trial. Ever heard of him?

Brave lad he was! Damn brave.

Rithal
03-26-2015, 12:22 AM
Brave lad he was! Damn brave.

He was indeed. He was born a county east of me, and was executed in my grandparent's home town. He's pretty well known among history lovers around here.

Historical Player
03-26-2015, 03:01 PM
That good sire is against the rules of war! :D This is war, but it should stay...... civil. OH SNAP. 360 N0SC0PE. But yeah, executing would be fun, but... well I can't really find anything to keep you from doing it XD I bet though, rp'ing will be fun as long as both sides can communicate in voip... That would actually be really weird. Has anyone thought about that? NEW THREAD COMING UP!

There are no rules in war! I feel bad for the poor Yankee Soldiers who get captured by me! I shall give them "Tarleton's Quarter!" (No Mercy in other words.) There will be so many cool things to do in this game!

Bravescot
03-26-2015, 03:17 PM
I feel bad for any soldiers captured. The POW camps they ended up living in where terrible. Cholera and typhoid ran rampant and starvation was part of everyday life.

Ry1459
03-26-2015, 05:17 PM
How do you think POWs would be handled in the game if we are able to get some?

Historical Player
03-26-2015, 07:49 PM
How do you think POWs would be handled in the game if they we are able to get some?

Execution on the spot.

Rithal
03-26-2015, 08:05 PM
How do you think POWs would be handled in the game if they we are able to get some?

You mean if they weren't executed? I'm not sure. It hasn't really been mentioned.

Ry1459
03-26-2015, 11:58 PM
You mean if they weren't executed? I'm not sure. It hasn't really been mentioned.

Hopefully we might be able to question them for intel and such. Hopefully we don't have to execute them. Maybe just take all their gear and tell them to go home lol.

Rithal
03-27-2015, 12:07 AM
Hopefully we might be able to question them for intel and such. Hopefully we don't have to execute them. Maybe just take all their gear and tell them to go home lol.

At first I thought you meant we might be able to question the devs for info. I was about to break out my Jack Bauer voice (24 reference.... Anyone? Anyone at all?) :D

Ry1459
03-27-2015, 12:17 AM
At first I thought you meant we might be able to question the devs for info. I was about to break out my Jack Bauer voice (24 reference.... Anyone? Anyone at all?) :D

That could work too :D

Bravescot
03-27-2015, 02:31 AM
Nah it's obvious which voice we need. BBAAATTTMAAAANNN *Angry gargling chocking sound*

Ry1459
03-27-2015, 03:24 AM
Nah it's obvious which voice we need. BBAAATTTMAAAANNN *Angry gargling chocking sound*

*In Batman voice* WHERE IS HE?!?!?!?

Rithal
03-27-2015, 03:44 AM
Batman is on it! "WHERE IS THE INFO ON CAPTURING/MURDERING ENEMIES! SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE"

Bravescot
03-27-2015, 09:20 PM
wuyfbuhidamfibsdianmFADYUSHOUXVDIUB <---- my batman impression.

Rithal
03-27-2015, 09:56 PM
wuyfbuhidamfibsdianmFADYUSHOUXVDIUB <---- my batman impression.

Sounds about right.

GeorgeCrecy
03-28-2015, 12:12 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/98/98422a10222d9168f07c799a9a36a4d7d1baa8b50fd54947cb 48c7aaf587217d.jpg

Rithal
03-28-2015, 12:41 AM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/98/98422a10222d9168f07c799a9a36a4d7d1baa8b50fd54947cb 48c7aaf587217d.jpg

My feelings exactly George.

Bravescot
03-28-2015, 05:37 AM
SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE fhasdiufhasfs! SWEAR TO ME!!!!! *heavy coughing* I've over stretch myself