PDA

View Full Version : Local VOIP

McClellan
03-04-2015, 05:58 AM
I was thinking, why not a local VOIP system? As in the closer you are to the person, the louder they get, so you can get regiments ingame that use the VOIP for an insanely immersive affect, and servers could choose to enable or disable it. Then when lines do Line of battle with file closers behind, the file closers would actually have to repeat the command.

TrustyJam
03-04-2015, 06:00 AM
That is something we would like to support.

- Trusty

McClellan
03-04-2015, 06:06 AM
Wow. SWEET. Glad I could run this by you guys. Cheers.

Hairywarhero
03-04-2015, 02:57 PM
That's pretty cool might have to start using runners now

McClellan
03-04-2015, 04:42 PM
That's pretty cool might have to start using runners now

You and me both

Bravescot
03-04-2015, 06:06 PM
I love this idea to bit.

Hairywarhero
03-04-2015, 08:41 PM
i'll have my useless signal sargent and now a runner :)

Bravescot
03-04-2015, 09:51 PM
i'll have my useless signal sargent and now a runner :)

Moose is nae going to be happy about that xD

Rithal
03-05-2015, 12:30 AM
Ooooooo baby! The immersionnnnnnnnnnnn!

Bravescot
03-05-2015, 09:17 AM
Ooooooo baby! The immersionnnnnnnnnnnn!

Mom get the camera!

McClellan
03-05-2015, 07:00 PM
[Insert children yelling here]

Hairywarhero
03-10-2015, 11:19 PM
Moose is nae going to be happy about that xD

My battle Moose

Bravescot
03-11-2015, 08:12 AM
My battle Moose

Looks like he's actually going to have to ride a battle moose about to get the messages from A to B

Hairywarhero
03-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Looks like he's actually going to have to ride a battle moose about to get the messages from A to B

that would be a sight to see

Bravescot
03-11-2015, 08:45 PM
that would be a sight to see

Hinkel babes! Hairy and I have an idea for you!

Hairywarhero
03-11-2015, 09:54 PM
Hinkel babes! Hairy and I have an idea for you!

fire away?

Bravescot
03-12-2015, 01:52 AM
fire away?

The battle moose! Like Thranduil rode into battle at the Battle of the Five Armies!

Swiftwisp
03-12-2015, 09:22 PM
Yes, please don't add local voip or any voip of any sort please. The amount of mic spam will completely ruin the experience.

Soulfly
03-13-2015, 06:44 AM
Yes, please don't add local voip or any voip of any sort please. The amount of mic spam will completely ruin the experience.

and how should the players communicate ? without being forced to use Teamspeak or stuff like that ? communication in this game will be crucial, you know.

Rithal
03-13-2015, 10:30 PM

Yeah.... no. Sorry. VOIP is definitely almost mandatory in games life this. If m&b had VOIP during line battles, my old regiment wouldn't have died. XD

Bravescot
03-13-2015, 10:38 PM
Yeah.... no. Sorry. VOIP is definitely almost mandatory in games life this. If m&b had VOIP during line battles, my old regiment wouldn't have died. XD

VOIP is going to be key in this. Without it many people are going to miss out I can bet you that.

Also....That's my 'yeah.... no.' methord you're using Rithal xD!

McClellan
04-24-2015, 11:57 PM

Just make an enable disable option in the server menu

William
04-25-2015, 08:33 AM
Reminds me somehow on mumble :)

but awsome Idea indeed but i´m scared of Little Kids screaming and shouting around because of trolling :(

Rithal
04-25-2015, 08:03 PM
i´m scared of Little Kids screaming and shouting around because of trolling :(

There should definitely be an option to mute/silence people client side.

Caserta34
04-26-2015, 04:14 AM
I agree rithal

William
04-27-2015, 11:43 AM
I agree rithal

So do i because ist one of the most fucked up things if you are in a LB total in the ACW time and then "YELL YELL YELL CHARGE CHARGE BLALALALAL" shit vrom some 12 years old kid ..... xD

Caserta34
04-27-2015, 01:24 PM
So do i because ist one of the most fucked up things if you are in a LB total in the ACW time and then "YELL YELL YELL CHARGE CHARGE BLALALALAL" shit vrom some 12 years old kid ..... xD

True True, yea that would be annoying

Rithal
04-27-2015, 11:46 PM

Yep. Its like that in every game. Most people of all ages can control themselves and then there are those few.... that you just want to strangle.... :D

Historical Player
05-07-2015, 08:58 PM
This is what it will be like. "THE BRITISH ARE COMING! THE BRITISH ARE COMING!"

RhettVito
05-10-2015, 04:54 PM
I think it would be best set up like arma voice chat .In Arma you have to be by the guy to be able to hear him over all the shooting but, over all TS3 still works good at the end of the day.

Rithal
05-10-2015, 06:31 PM
I think it would be best set up like arma voice chat .In Arma you have to be by the guy to be able to hear him over all the shooting but, over all TS3 still works good at the end of the day.

Ih yes of course. For me its a must for VOIP to be directional and proximity based. I wouldhowever like for it to be built in the game rather than just being a teamspeak pplugin but hey, I will take what I can get.

MrAmerican
05-10-2015, 10:31 PM
I can now be the brave messanger, running from line to line and occasionally stopping to grab some food and a drink, then continuing my journey to the line I am suppost to go to.
And if anyone asks why it took me so long, "I was captured by the enemy and tied up. As they were dragging me back to a POW camp I chewed through the rope which tasted of a McChicken Combo, and then used the rope while still in my teeth to strangle the closest officer, the Colonel, and then used his body as a shield from oncoming fire. Then I ran around the entire regiment on my speedy feet and tied a slipnot around a huge tree and pulled the rope tight, the more the 100 men struggled the tighter the rope got until it got so tight it cut all of the 100 men in half, and I used the massive wave of blood and a peice of wood to surf my way back down the hill and to you guys." *gets every medal and award*

RhettVito
05-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Ih yes of course. For me its a must for VOIP to be directional and proximity based. I wouldhowever like for it to be built in the game rather than just being a teamspeak pplugin but hey, I will take what I can get. What ever the Devs to they know what is best i just cant wait to see to simulated battle

McClellan
05-11-2015, 07:44 PM
wow u r assins cred mastur

Rithal
05-11-2015, 10:00 PM
wow u r assins cred mastur

Come again? XD

Historical Player
05-12-2015, 12:57 AM
Come again? XD

I think he just cussed you out in some language.

Rithal
05-12-2015, 01:35 AM
I think he just cussed you out in some language.

I believe it was meant to say "You are an Assassins Creed master"..... but I don't know what that has to do with anything XD

McClellan
05-12-2015, 02:46 AM
I believe it was meant to say "You are an Assassins Creed master"..... but I don't know what that has to do with anything XD

I can now be the brave messanger, running from line to line and occasionally stopping to grab some food and a drink, then continuing my journey to the line I am suppost to go to.
And if anyone asks why it took me so long, "I was captured by the enemy and tied up. As they were dragging me back to a POW camp I chewed through the rope which tasted of a McChicken Combo, and then used the rope while still in my teeth to strangle the closest officer, the Colonel, and then used his body as a shield from oncoming fire. Then I ran around the entire regiment on my speedy feet and tied a slipnot around a huge tree and pulled the rope tight, the more the 100 men struggled the tighter the rope got until it got so tight it cut all of the 100 men in half, and I used the massive wave of blood and a peice of wood to surf my way back down the hill and to you guys." *gets every medal and award*

Thats the message I was referring to.

Rithal
05-12-2015, 02:53 AM

Thats the message I was referring to.

There we go! XD Didn't read all of it. U iss obvsly assasns cred mastr.

Andee
05-12-2015, 03:12 AM
This would be AWESOME. A very much needed feature to the game. Would make the game so much more realistic and immersive.

This would be similar to the ARMA VOIP system, right?

Rithal
05-12-2015, 03:14 AM
This would be AWESOME. A very much needed feature to the game. Would make the game so much more realistic and immersive.

This would be similar to the ARMA VOIP system, right?

I believe that is what the developers are gunning for, yes.

michaelsmithern
03-11-2016, 05:32 PM
OH man i was just thinking about this yesterday, that would be cool. I mean with teamspeak of course everyone can hear you, but to be in the immersive field of the battle with the corporal in the back not hearing the captain at the front, it gets me all jittery because besides being the second in command of my company i actually have to relay orders or the guys in the back won't know what to do. that being said it would get irritating as those guys wouldn't know what to do and i'd have to go and grab them and make them do it

LukeYoung
03-11-2016, 06:22 PM
This would be great , they're would be no need for character chants or yells , cause then each regiment could each have they're own personality and rebel yell when they got into the battle and hearing people yell and give commands. This would be what makes most of these regiments , being able to have immersion and role-play it out as if you was actually there.

SpectretheGreat
03-29-2016, 02:13 AM
I made a post on this a few months back, and a lot of people are divided on the issue. The main cause of concern for most is the easy way to avoid the system and cheat, however some just down right think its a waste of time. Ultimately the devs have expressed an interest in the idea and I think we can expect an system like the one we have all described.

My original post: http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?924-Realistic-In-game-communication-Why-it-needs-to-be-implemented