PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Artillery

Tristanxh
04-06-2017, 04:44 AM
Dixie Artillery - Battery A

On June 21, 1861, the Dixie Artillery was organized by Captain John Kaylor Booton, 1st Lieutenant William Crisp and Second Lieutenant Samueal Chapman. On August 30 after a delay caused by an inability to obtain horses and supplies, joined Johnston’s Army at Manassas. The battery was assigned with the Washington Artillery to the Artillery Reserve of Longstreet’s Division. In November, Captain Booten resigns to take his seat in the Virginia State Legislature. On December 8, William Henry Chapman was elected captain of the battery. On June 27 1862, it fought at the Battle of Gaines’ Mill which was the battery’s baptism of fire. It was equipped with four six-pounder guns. June 30 it fought at the Battle of Frazier’s Farm. On August 18 it was assigned to Featherston’s Brigade of R.H. Anderson’s Division. On August 23, it took part in the Battle of Rappahannock Station, at the battle- Captain Chaman’s brother, Lieutenant Samuel F. Chapman, commanded a section consisting of a 3″ Ordnance Rifle and a 12 pounder Napoleon in an artillery duel. On August 29-30 it battled at the Second Battle of Manassas where it heavily engaged in the fighting along Jackson’s lines at the railroad cut.

Hello, my name is Tristan (Len) Allaire, and I'm the Captain of the Dixie Artillery, Battery A and Colonel of a successful Mount & Blade: Napoleonic Wars community. Yes I'm well aware that this post isn't much to look at, however if you're mature enough to read a block of text and not complain about "TL;DR" then all the better. We focus on professionalism and fun as a unit over many other regiments, in real life, I am a Cadet within the United States Air Forces' Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps and expect this unit to operate with as much pride, dignity, and respect as any J.R.O.T.C. Unit as a bare minimum during events. I don't ask for complete professionalism- however I demand that the job is done and done in a timely fashion. If you fail to follow orders or otherwise fail, then as a Commander- it is my duty to crack down on such. Other people are relying on you when we play as Artillery as you are a part of a unit, you are not an individual, without your timely action- you are jeopardizing your team and those around you.

If you are interested in joining us in War of Rights, please feel free to add me on Steam- http://steamcommunity.com/id/tristanxh/

Lyman Trumbull
04-06-2017, 11:35 AM
Best of luck from the 66th NY.

A. P. Hill
04-06-2017, 02:23 PM
Congrats!

Welcome to the CSA!

Saris
04-07-2017, 01:34 AM
Welcome to the Confederacy!

Rainbow_Flyer
04-07-2017, 12:31 PM
The 1st New York Battery A Wishes Yall The Best, Nice To See More Artillery

James Dixon
04-08-2017, 03:39 AM
Welcome to the Confederacy!

FIGHT Black phoenix
04-08-2017, 04:39 AM
Congrats Welcome home ^^

Jordon Brooker
04-08-2017, 09:17 PM
Best of luck!

Jeffrey_Confederate
04-09-2017, 06:46 AM
Welcome brothers

Leifr
04-09-2017, 10:28 AM
It is refreshing and exciting to see artillery batteries appearing.
Welcome!

Dutchconfederate
04-13-2017, 09:47 AM
Best of luck hope we can stand side by side on the field supporting the men!