PDA

View Full Version : Army of Northern Virginia Command Staff

Neal
04-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Hello,

I am looking to assemble a staff of competent, engaged players to work together and form a staff for the Corps/Army level of command.

Most players have formed companies, and I see a few divisions are formed, but I have not met any of those individuals in game. It may be they are waiting.

Regardless, if we expect to win battles and avoid the chaos that comes with online warfare (rogue companies, maverick players, & etc.) then there needs to be an organizational structure in place that can formulate rules, and provide competent leadership and service to the players.

Some of the players I have encountered are experienced Civil War reenactors. This is a strong pedigree, but like making a good omelette, you need a few additional ingredients.

Formations will profit if their corps level commanders have experience with simulations such as "Scourge of War," and training games like "Kriegsspiel." These games emphasize the fog of war, the movement of large formations, delayed orders/delivery times, intermittent compliance with orders, scouting operations, and so on.

Commanding a large online battle is going to be a unique experience and to pull it off will require practice, experience, and discipline.

I am presently seeking like-minded, similarly experienced individuals to meet online and develop the skills needed for corps/army level command. I doubt any games will feature a full army, and most will be division on division, but corps are possible.

I wish this group to meet online at least once or twice per week in War of Rights. I am keenly interested in people with the following experience: Civil War reenacting, Scourge of War experience, Kriegsspiel experience. An actual military background would prove helpful as well.

Please post to this thread if you are interested. Activities will include scouting the field, study of the battle, study of tactics, the development of professional rapport with company commanders, and so on. I may umpire some online Kriegsspiels for you to improve skills.

The last thing anyone wants is a circus. There will be a time and a place for that, but count me out. I am looking for a fun, but serious experience and hope other players are willing to share the same. If so, post here and let's organize.

Bravescot
04-08-2017, 04:27 PM
So basically you want to run everything?

yoyo8346
04-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Army and Corps level organizations are/will be completely impossible with server constraints. Division levels are already pushing it and may become impossible when we find out more about the game's limits.

Profender
04-08-2017, 04:59 PM
Our brigade will be organized and ready. Haven't met you in-game either ..
What field do you want to scout?
Study tactics? Maybe start a company first start your learning process there.

Serious group: Independent Brigade are active serious en organized

Bravescot
04-08-2017, 05:10 PM
Our brigade will be organized and ready. Haven't met you in-game either ..
What field do you want to scout?
Study tactics? Maybe start a company first start your learning process there.

Serious group: Independent Brigade are active serious en organized

Hang on. So you don't even know who this guy is and you're throwing yourself before him as your master?

Lance Rawlings
04-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Getting juicy... ;)

Profender
04-08-2017, 05:38 PM
Hang on. So you don't even know who this guy is and you're throwing yourself before him as your master?

No blindscot
The man is saying there aren't any organized brigades in-game. I am stating that there is.
What field does the man want to scout? I don't know there is not a playable skirmish map to be seen so it makes no sense to scout a drill camp.
He wants to be a big boss maybe he needs to start a little smaller then that. So maybe he should start with a company first.

Getting juicy... ;)

Yeah always seems to be when the bravescot enters the forums.............

Saris
04-08-2017, 05:40 PM
Hello,

I am looking to assemble a staff of competent, engaged players to work together and form a staff for the Corps/Army level of command.

Most players have formed companies, and I see a few divisions are formed, but I have not met any of those individuals in game. It may be they are waiting.

Regardless, if we expect to win battles and avoid the chaos that comes with online warfare (rogue companies, maverick players, & etc.) then there needs to be an organizational structure in place that can formulate rules, and provide competent leadership and service to the players.

Some of the players I have encountered are experienced Civil War reenactors. This is a strong pedigree, but like making a good omelette, you need a few additional ingredients.

Formations will profit if their corps level commanders have experience with simulations such as "Scourge of War," and training games like "Kriegsspiel." These games emphasize the fog of war, the movement of large formations, delayed orders/delivery times, intermittent compliance with orders, scouting operations, and so on.

Commanding a large online battle is going to be a unique experience and to pull it off will require practice, experience, and discipline.

I am presently seeking like-minded, similarly experienced individuals to meet online and develop the skills needed for corps/army level command. I doubt any games will feature a full army, and most will be division on division, but corps are possible.

I wish this group to meet online at least once or twice per week in War of Rights. I am keenly interested in people with the following experience: Civil War reenacting, Scourge of War experience, Kriegsspiel experience. An actual military background would prove helpful as well.

Please post to this thread if you are interested. Activities will include scouting the field, study of the battle, study of tactics, the development of professional rapport with company commanders, and so on. I may umpire some online Kriegsspiels for you to improve skills.

The last thing anyone wants is a circus. There will be a time and a place for that, but count me out. I am looking for a fun, but serious experience and hope other players are willing to share the same. If so, post here and let's organize.

you should start with building your own company before you head straight to a whole army command position

Lance Rawlings
04-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Yeah always seems to be when the bravescot enters the forums.............

Naw, come on now, it's all in good fun.

Best of luck!

Profender
04-08-2017, 05:43 PM
you should start with building your own company before you head straight to a whole army command position

indeed exactly what i meant

Naw, come on now, it's all in good fun.

Best of luck!

Yeah your right Lance. :)

Bravescot
04-08-2017, 05:44 PM
No blindscot
The man is saying there aren't any organized brigades in-game. I am stating that there is.
What field does the man want to scout? I don't know there is not a playable skirmish map to be seen so it makes no sense to scout a drill camp.
He wants to be a big boss maybe he needs to start a little smaller then that. So maybe he should start with a company first.

If you read the op...Neal never mentions a lack of any previous existing organisations. I also don't understand why you always seem to want to start a fight and insulting me as well. It will only end bad for you as I got no intentions of lowering myself to your standards.

Neal
04-08-2017, 06:29 PM
I know there are companies and divisions.

I have a lot of experience playing and running games at the division level and above.

I've managed groups and organizations, and I umpire full scale Kriegsspiel games.

My point is, the nature of the beast is much different than company command.

I imagine most of you understand this. I also imagine some of you have similar credentials/expertise.

Let's get together and organize.

If there is no organization at the side level, we risk experiences that will diminish the community.

Anyway, we have to start somewhere, sometime. Why not now?

A. P. Hill
04-08-2017, 06:33 PM
... and form a staff for the Corps/Army level of command. ...

Greetings Sir, Being as how this endeavor is based on the 1862 Maryland Campaign of the Army of Northern Virginia as commanded by Gen'l R.E. Lee, and sent afield by the War Department and the government of the Confederate States of America, his Honorable Jefferson Davis President, you are aware, (or at least should be aware if you're any kind of an actual historian,) that the Corps organization was not legally recognized by the C.S.A. at the time of this particular campaign.

Therefore your endeavors to create something that did not exist at the time would put you in direct conflict with the ideals of the developers who are designing this game to emulate as much authenticity as possible. That being the case, Divisions are the largest legally recognized organizations in the Confederate Military.

... The last thing anyone wants is a circus. ..

Too late for this already, a read on either company forums pages for the U.S.A. and the C.S. A. will find over 100 organizations that did not exist at the time of the Maryland campaign, OR, if they did exist, they were not part of the organizations that participated in the 1862 Maryland Campaign. Therefore those players who want to play on full authenticity, may more likely not invite over 100 different organizations to play on their servers. But on the other hand, that means there are over 100 non-authentic organizations that want to play a fantasy game rather than authenticity as the developers have hoped and intended. So in closing, it's already somewhat of a circus. :)

Respectfully
Powell.

Neal
04-08-2017, 06:42 PM
Well, I stand corrected. LOL

Still hope to play at the higher level. It's what I know and am comfortable with. I don't have to command, but hope to be part of that experience.

Leifr
04-08-2017, 07:04 PM
Evening Neal.
I understand and appreciate your efforts here but I'm afraid Mr A.P Hill has beat me to the punch. I would heartily advise that you first join an established company that is embedded in an existing brigade (suggest Hill's Light Division) and find your feet. It really would be the best course of action and, were one to prove one's self, I am sure that there would an opportunity for advancement.

As for Profender et all, please do not double-post. Remain civil and cordial to one another at all times, petty sniping suggests nothing but a weakness in character.

Lyman Trumbull
04-08-2017, 07:06 PM
Well, I stand corrected. LOL

Still hope to play at the higher level. It's what I know and am comfortable with. I don't have to command, but hope to be part of that experience.

Might I suggest creating your own company instead and leading it, potentially, it could grow into a regiment if it becomes so popular and you could fulfill playing at a higher level.

Moreover, you did state "If there is no organization at the side level" though it is evident that there are a plethora of organizations dedicated to bringing together the community, some of these, as mentioned previously by 'Profender'​, are already in full swing.

Neal
04-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Fair enough, good advice.

Who's looking for an organizer with time and energy?

Lyman Trumbull
04-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Fair enough, good advice.

Who's looking for an organizer with time and energy?

If you would like, this thread has been specifically created with the aim of advertising:

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?1478-Looking-for-a-company-members

Neal
04-08-2017, 07:22 PM
Thank you, I'll take a look.

A. P. Hill
04-08-2017, 09:08 PM
And though it's been a while since I've updated these, most of the currently occupied units can be found in either of these two places.
Confederate Orders of Battle (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?1386-Confederate-Order-of-Battle-Company-Overview)
Union Orders of Battle (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?1385-Union-Order-of-Battle-Company-Overview)

Neal
04-10-2017, 01:53 AM
I believe there was a guide to forming units posted somewhere?

I cannot seem to find that. It mentioned starting a Steam page & etc..

Could someone kindly post the link here or PM me?

Thanks,

Neal

michaelsmithern
04-10-2017, 02:03 AM
why not form a brigade, then have a brigade staff. the way you put it, you aren't in charge of anything other than a staff group, you are an army, corps, division or brigade, you're just staff. you also have experience in games, that i won't assume will be like commanding in War of Rights.

why not start with a company or hell a brigade and ask people to join you.

anyways, if this staff fails it fails, if it does well it does well, good luck and have fun

http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?956-Read-before-forming-a-unit!

that's the formign a unit page you asked for btw

Neal
04-10-2017, 02:15 AM
Thank you.

[WoR] Kiff
04-15-2017, 01:56 AM
Well whatever you end up doing neal, good luck. You seem motivated which is always a good start to something great.

Neal
04-20-2017, 12:11 AM
Thank you, Kiff. I certainly mean well. I am hoping for a more professional experience than what we often see in most online games. I've enjoyed that experience in the Scourge of War and Kriegsspiel communities, and I am hoping to contribute to it here as well.

F. L. Villarreal
06-19-2017, 01:37 PM
...when federal troops become involved in Confederate conversations. love it. ;-)

yoyo8346
06-19-2017, 01:39 PM
This should maybe be locked because Neal isn't doing this anymore.

Nigel Walsh
01-03-2020, 04:18 AM
Good luck, guys!