PDA

View Full Version : Ranks

Simon445
03-13-2015, 06:21 PM
So this idea came to my head:

We all know people will make regiments for War of Rights, so the idea is that let's say someone is LCpl or Sgt in one regiment and he could customize his character to point where he could have Sgt or LCpl insignia shoulder patch... It would be so cool if this was in game

Soulfly
03-13-2015, 07:56 PM
I agree with you and hope that this will be implemented, but i am quite sure it will be :)

Rithal
03-13-2015, 11:09 PM
I believe this is already planned, so it appears the devs agree XD

Bravescot
03-14-2015, 10:06 AM
Rithal is right it has been mentioned somewhere before. The issue that got brought up was everybody running about with silly Chevrons like say the Sergeant Major stripes.

Rithal
03-14-2015, 06:20 PM
Rithal is right it has been mentioned somewhere before. The issue that got brought up was everybody running about with silly Chevrons like say the Sergeant Major stripes.

The only way I see to get around this is, for public servers, set a limit for each class. So it doesn't matter what rank you out on your customized character, it always goes by what rank you chose in game. Servers, like in line battles for example can choose to take this limit off and allow people to play as their rank in their regiment, in game.

Swiftwisp
03-19-2015, 02:36 PM
Or on public servers everyone is a ranker with the voted general for the battle, you could then join a squad or make a squad, appointing yourself a sergeant. Or ranks are randomly given at the start of the round to create a structure for soldiers to obey.

Rithal
03-19-2015, 06:56 PM
Or on public servers everyone is a ranker with the voted general for the battle, you could then join a squad or make a squad, appointing yourself a sergeant. Or ranks are randomly given at the start of the round to create a structure for soldiers to obey.

I don't think ranks should be random. This could result in someone leading who doesn't want to, or someone leading who everyone else doesn't want to. The issue with everyone starting as a ranker is there are more ranks than just private and sergeant of course. I think it would be too much to ask for everyone to try to appoint each other in the numerous officer slots at the beginning of the round that everyone can agree on. You should pick whatever slot you want before the round starts. Maybe make a thirty second voting period before the game, and any officer that the enlisted and NCO do not want can be voted out with either a 1/2 or 2/3 majority vote.

Soulfly
03-20-2015, 09:28 AM
Actually i would connect certain roles, which are limited like one regimental commander, to certain ranks if you really want to implement it. As an example i would build an interface which is build like, maybe for a squad:

- 0/1 Officer Lieutenant
- 0/3 NCO/ Seargeant
- 0/20 Rifleman

Just a quick thought about linking ranks to roles

Bravescot
03-20-2015, 02:50 PM
Not a bad shout. Numbers could vary on the number of people in the server

Rithal
03-20-2015, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't suggest splitting players up into squads really at all. Just leave a number of empty slots on each team for each rank, then leave the rest to the players. Squads can limit many things. Anyway, here is a possible standard for organization we can see in game that players might set up.

Now I have no clue how many people this game will support per server. Lets say 2,000 just for the purpose of this example.

One Team- 1,000
-One Cavalry Detachment- 80
-Two Brigades- 800
-One Artillery Detachment- 80
-Division/Corps/Army/Whatever Staff (Includes Signal Corps)- 40
Cavalry Detachment
-1 Captain (I guess?)
-2 Squadrons
--One Squadron-40ish
---1 Lieutenant
---2 Sergeants
---4 Corporals
---32ish privates
One Brigade
-1 Brigadier General and staff (10ish people)
-2 Regiments
--Regiment- 195 people?
---1 Colonel
---1 Lieutenant Colonel
---1 Sergeant Major
---1 Major
---4 Companies
----1 Company- Around 40 people
-----1 Captain
-----1 Lieutenant
-----2 Sergeants
-----2 Corporals
-----32ish Privates
Artillery Detachment
-??????

So yeah, this is probably useless and is just me fulfilling my desire to be an ocd organizationalist sooooooo...

Here is a link that is pretty helpful with the historic organization ----> http://www.townofelbridge.com/Organization%20and%20Rank.pdf

Soulfly
03-20-2015, 10:14 PM
Just wanted to give an example about how i imagine a possible solution like rank/ available slot/ total number....since i am not a developer i dont need to go into details ;)

TrustyJam
03-20-2015, 10:15 PM
Just wanted to give an example about how i imagine a possible solution like rank/ available slot/ total number....since i am not a developer i dont need to go into details ;)

Oh, nor do we. ;)

- Trusty

Soulfly
03-20-2015, 10:16 PM
Dear, sooner or later you need to :)

Bravescot
03-20-2015, 10:21 PM
Oh, nor do we. ;)

- Trusty

BUURRRRNNNN! (I cry tell us pl0x)

Rithal
03-20-2015, 11:17 PM
Oh, nor do we. ;)

- Trusty

Get rekt m8. Seriously though.... spill the beans Trusty! >: ) you know you wanna!

ThePatriot98
03-31-2015, 08:14 PM
I think there should be rank insignia for every rank which did exist in the era. So it would be more realistic and all that nice thing :D

Rithal
04-01-2015, 12:00 AM
I think there should be rank insignia for every rank which did exist in the era. So it would be more realistic and all that nice thing :D

I'm positive there will be. Historical accuracy is at the top of the list for these devs :)

Bravescot
04-01-2015, 12:38 AM
I don't think we're going to see any Political Commissars running about the battlefield any time soon :P.

Rithal
04-01-2015, 01:30 AM
I don't think we're going to see any Political Commissars running about the battlefield any time soon :P.

I would hope not considering that wasn't a thing for another 50 or so years and not even in the same army :D

RhettVito
04-10-2015, 11:54 PM
I believe this is already planned, so it appears the devs agree XD

Thank God cant wait to see the ranks

PurplePanda
06-09-2015, 04:42 AM
Would be cool to see!

Historical Player
06-15-2015, 04:13 PM
I would hope not considering that wasn't a thing for another 50 or so years and not even in the same army :D
I do not want Political Leaders in this game. I may be tempted to take pot shots. LOL!

Hinkel
06-15-2015, 08:39 PM
I do not want Political Leaders in this game. I may be tempted to take pot shots. LOL!

There were lot of politicians in the armies.. lot of senators or even governors, which took a high ranking spot in both armies ;)

Historical Player
06-15-2015, 11:59 PM
There were lot of politicians in the armies.. lot of senators or even governors, which took a high ranking spot in both armies ;)

I am aware that there were a few present at Antietam like General Toombs who fought at Burnsides Bridge. I just don't want random ones who weren't at Antietam in the game I knew there were many that were in the armies.

PurplePanda
06-16-2015, 03:36 AM

I wouldn't blame you.

Carson
06-16-2015, 03:36 AM
This is a great idea!