PDA

View Full Version : Cavalry

Zahari
03-15-2015, 11:16 AM
hm... i was wondering how hard it will be to play as cav from 1st person. Any idea how it will work?

Lackay
03-16-2015, 02:35 AM
Well from what I understand, cavalry didnt really charge into melee during the period as often as previous wars. If im not mistaken they were just very mobile infantry that dismounted and fired there guns on foot

So with that being said playing cavalry in first person will be the same as being a foot soldier

Zahari
03-16-2015, 07:39 AM
Well from what I understand, cavalry didnt really charge into melee during the period as often as previous wars. If im not mistaken they were just very mobile infantry that dismounted and fired there guns on foot

So with that being said playing cavalry in first person will be the same as being a foot soldier It's true but some times you have to fight on horseback. What than ? :D I'm really looking forward to it.
Or maybe Horses will works like vehicles in FPS (when you mount your horse,you have 3rd person view).

Rithal
03-16-2015, 03:16 PM
hm... i was wondering how hard it will be to play as cav from 1st person. Any idea how it will work?

Well, cavalry isn't really top priority right now. If or when it is in the game, cavalry will usually work like mobile infantry. Units will probably be small, around 20-35 guys. You will ride around the map, and a good cavalry officer will ride to the flank of the enemy's line, dismount, and engage in skirmishing to try and stretch the enemies line out. In addition cavalry will probably take part in all manners of scouting and general skirmishing ahead of the main force. You might have the opportunity to engage in melee as cavalry once in a blue moon. (Do they have that expression anywhere else?) :)

Zahari
03-16-2015, 04:49 PM
Well, cavalry isn't really top priority right now. If or when it is in the game, cavalry will usually work like mobile infantry. Units will probably be small, around 20-35 guys. You will ride around the map, and a good cavalry officer will ride to the flank of the enemy's line, dismount, and engage in skirmishing to try and stretch the enemies line out. In addition cavalry will probably take part in all manners of scouting and general skirmishing ahead of the main force. You might have the opportunity to engage in melee as cavalry once in a blue moon. (Do they have that expression anywhere else?) :)
:) We just need to wait and we will see. I can't wait for it :D

MrAmerican
03-20-2015, 10:00 PM
If you've ever played Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars, I'd assume the calvary would be similar, first person was hard to do at first, but you got used to it... but hopefully it will be more realistic. I doubt there will be like lancers and everything like that due to the Civil War really only having calvary with a carbine and a sword, rarely using the sword. Like SgtRithal said t would probably be like mobile infantry and scouting, or drawing enemies away from the main bulk so you can dispatch them with ease or another regiment can move in and wipe them out.