PDA

View Full Version : Reload Animation Bug

BetaKnight
04-24-2017, 06:14 PM
So it seems that the sharpshooter sometimes likes to spin his head in first person when he reloads his gun.
Had a wonderful time cosplaying a swirl inside of a milkshake :)

So here's what I did:

- Entered first person mode back from 3rd person
- Tried to aim but remembered there was nothing loaded
- Pressed R twice quickly (first was a mistake, second I held it in)
- Swirled like a washing machine
- Head turned back and gun ready to fire
- Second attempt went fine

Hope it helps, damn animation controllers :)

TrustyJam
04-24-2017, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the report.

Not a bug though.

Pressing r twice starts the reload at the first stroke and cancels it at the 2nd. :)

- Trusty

A. P. Hill
04-24-2017, 07:26 PM
No need to hold the R key, either. One press and release. Sit back and watch your toon load his own weapon. Rifles only. Pistols don't get a reload.

BetaKnight
04-24-2017, 07:34 PM
Hm... so the character bending his whole torso into a pretzel isn't a bug? Not too sure bodies can do that, next time I'll record it for you :)

TrustyJam
04-24-2017, 08:01 PM
Hm... so the character bending his whole torso into a pretzel isn't a bug? Not too sure bodies can do that, next time I'll record it for you :)

There is bound to be moments when animations look off in a game with as complex a weapon & stance system such as ours. Especially when we allow you to cancel them at any point in time.

In short; it's not possible to make every single transition look "right". Please do provide footage of the most silly looking ones though and we'll investigate.

- Trusty

BetaKnight
04-24-2017, 08:12 PM
"In short; it's not possible to make every single transition look "right"."
Ain't that the truth, try doing that in Unity with the animation controllers and you get a butt load of flagpoles up your neigh neigh in the logs. Will record next time, breaking a game is my specialty!