PDA

View Full Version : Spring has Sprung

Whip
04-30-2017, 01:31 AM
I generally am not one to post and complain. But a majority of us having pledged 70+ dollars last year upon release of the Technical Alpha, in that time we have seen improvements to animations, performance enhancements , map updates and the sort. But still not even a basic form of skirmishes. When we ask , We get told we are told to just keep waiting and that we wont be told any more. We were told that we should expect it around spring, well spring has sprung and is in full swing. And nothing ? Some posts about this just get shut down by moderators and 1 don't see why, we have a right to ask questions and make sure that the money we pledged isn't squandered

This is one of the few development teams that as far as I know has refused to communicate where the development is at, or even post a roadmap for development and try to stick to it. As development grinds on in the dark , you will begin to see people will get more and more agitated when there isn't anything for them to test or see. That also in effect will turn away potential backers from the game.

Now before you all get bent out of shape, with your "its a smaller dev team " and " you gotta wait for good things" I just want to be informed , since I and others pledge and backed this game to support its development and play the game. and in all honestly in the last year there hasn't been a whole lot to play .

So where is development at? When will be able to actually to play skirmishes instead of walk around the drill camp and shoot targets?

Bravescot
04-30-2017, 03:00 AM
Remember Battle Cry of Freedom. 2012 - ?. Don't make the same mistakes they did.

Oleander
04-30-2017, 05:26 AM
I forgot all about those guys. Glad I never gave them any money.

Saris
04-30-2017, 06:15 AM
I never heard of Battle Cry of Freedom, from everything thing I gathered about the game it ended in early 2016

Maximus Decimus Meridius
04-30-2017, 08:31 AM
a active forum reader would know that 1000% of the team works on skirmishing phase and he would have seen some of the screenshots and caused by this he would know that skirms are in progress and he would know spring is not over ;)

sry for my grammar. thats a little bit above my level but i hope you get what i am trying to say.

Btw. I am sick of this sort of threads. wait it's a FUCKING alpha of a Indie Dev. and a 5 men team. They would be faster if they hadn't to answer all the unnecessary complains. Skirms, Beta and maybe release will be for Star Citizen so all its fine ;) :p

Profender
04-30-2017, 08:53 AM
I agree with you my German brother

TrustyJam
04-30-2017, 09:30 AM
Hello.

We got the needed code push in order to move forwards last night. Stuff is happening.

- Trusty

Twinkie125
04-30-2017, 09:41 AM
I personally couldn't give less of a crap about when the actual Skirmish mode comes out. The thing I really want is to just be able to actually kill people when I shoot my gun. I'm sure it really is difficult to make Skirmish mode work, but it's a technical alpha, it's not supposed to work perfectly the first time around. While it may still have a ways to go before we can get Skirmish mode, the game already has guns that fire, bayonets that can be fitted and thrusted, players seems to ragdoll if they respawn (I don't quite remember when the ragdolls happen), and you can register hits when you are shot. I don't see why you can't just set up a Aim>Shoot>Hit>Die>Ragdoll>Respawn function so that we can actually practice. I was at some training event for a random reg that I forget the name of, and the "Event" was literally just two lines standing and shooting at each other and seemingly going off the honor system. I really enjoyed the people at the event, but the actual game part of it was absolute garbage because it missed the part where you could actually die or kill people.

Again, I'm not saying we need Skirmishes (I still don't get why people talk like releasing Skirmishes is the full release of the game) tomorrow or anything like that. What I AM saying is that we should at least be thrown a bone so that when people join the server, they can do more than stand in a circle talking or standing in lines shooting each other and praying the other dudes are honest.

Twinkie125
04-30-2017, 09:43 AM
Hello.

We got the needed code push in order to move forwards last night. Stuff is happening.

- Trusty

Not sure what this means but I think that's good to hear? When you say move forwards do you mean like real combat being added or move forwards as in we only have another month to wait for such features? Sorry if that sounds rude, I couldn't think of another way to word it.

TrustyJam
04-30-2017, 09:46 AM
Move forwards with the final steps needed for Skirmishes to function well enough to be tested by you guys.

- Trusty

Bivoj
04-30-2017, 10:06 AM
When I saw the OP, I just wanted to write exactly the same point as Twinkie125. I have exactly the same experience attending some "mockery" skirmish events. When you get hit, the screen shows some "blood" effects - so, the game recognise when you got hit. There are only very easily implementable features to be added:
1)
hit = kill (or, maybe, some easy placeholder hitpoint system)
ragdoll animation
respawn

2) (can be as a second release after some time)
dedicated server for this kind of basic combat allowing both Union and CSA units to be chosen and with different respawn areas for each side

I personally could not believe, that it takes more than half a year to implement such simple stuff...
And if you want to make almost-perfect skirmish mode rather than present something barely half-finished: we all know it is alpha and it will contain placeholders. Better done than perfect.

Norwegian
04-30-2017, 10:24 AM
Move forwards with the final steps needed for Skirmishes to function well enough to be tested by you guys.

- Trusty

Sounds good! I'm excited :)

Leifr
04-30-2017, 10:30 AM
We have an answer. Threads such as this, whilst beginning with fair intentions, usually devolve into mud-slinging. I trust that you are satisfied with Trusty's response OP.

Thread locked.

TrustyJam
04-30-2017, 11:25 AM
I personally could not believe, that it takes more than half a year to implement such simple stuff...
And if you want to make almost-perfect skirmish mode rather than present something barely half-finished: we all know it is alpha and it will contain placeholders. Better done than perfect.

You are correct. It wouldn't. That isn't Skirmishes though.

- Trusty