PDA

View Full Version : 18-05-2017 thirty-fifth field report: Skirmishes Available!

Fancy Sweetroll
05-18-2017, 01:01 AM
Field report 35: Skirmishes Available posted 18-05-2017 CLICK TO VIEW (https://warofrights.com/Fieldreport35)

Lance Rawlings
05-18-2017, 01:03 AM
Beautiful. Never lost faith in y'all!

Saris
05-18-2017, 01:04 AM
omg finally! Thank you so much!

RhettVito
05-18-2017, 01:06 AM
Omg omg 5 years of waiting yes on yes !!!!!!!!!!!

Joshua Chamberlain
05-18-2017, 01:07 AM
Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Jasin210
05-18-2017, 01:10 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you guys!!!

LTC Philip A. Work
05-18-2017, 01:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/Z8hbhna.gif

RhettVito
05-18-2017, 01:16 AM
People live steam this ! post your stream links

GreyDog58
05-18-2017, 01:17 AM
We've made it lads

The German Volunteers
05-18-2017, 01:17 AM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/242/631/382.gif

crazychester1247
05-18-2017, 01:19 AM
I swore I was wearing pants before I read this.

A. P. Hill
05-18-2017, 01:29 AM
Congrats!

Oleander
05-18-2017, 01:30 AM
https://media.tenor.co/images/0331322b1e818d3a30709a519b879935/tenor.gif

KaizerLeviath
05-18-2017, 01:30 AM
Hey guys what the hell is happe-

Load up yer game lads!

Johann Günderson
05-18-2017, 01:45 AM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

LTC Philip A. Work
05-18-2017, 01:50 AM
Not streaming this evening

crazychester1247
05-18-2017, 01:55 AM
Streaming this evening: https://www.twitch.tv/crispmps

GR8, Shia Lebeouf is streaming apparently.;)

zwood
05-18-2017, 02:01 AM
I have to wait till tomorrow to try this out since I'm away from home!

Congrats Dev's!

LTC Philip A. Work
05-18-2017, 02:27 AM
GR8, Shia Lebeouf is streaming apparently.;)

DO IT!

Not streaming tonight btw, too unstable at the moment.

David Dire
05-18-2017, 02:36 AM
I cant see any servers. Hopefully a quick fix soon?

crazychester1247
05-18-2017, 02:38 AM

Bugs are to be expected.

TrustyJam
05-18-2017, 02:39 AM

We're working on it. Very surprised about the number of server crashes. Apologies for the downtime.

- Trusty

RhettVito
05-18-2017, 02:39 AM

Hopefully

RhettVito
05-18-2017, 02:40 AM
We're working on it. Very surprised about the number of server crashes. Apologies for the downtime.

- Trusty
Thanks devs take your time

Welton-Drake
05-18-2017, 03:40 AM
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

TrustyJam
05-18-2017, 03:44 AM
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

good one. :p

- Trusty

Johann Günderson
05-18-2017, 03:58 AM
I hope the devs find a quick fix to atleast lessen the crashes, Its been really damn fun when ive been able to play. :)

VOLCUSGAMING
05-18-2017, 06:29 AM
It's the first day of summer, so when i get home I will be indoors all day.:D

Soulfly
05-18-2017, 06:59 AM
Just for your information, dont read the field report while drinking coffee....due to the content your chin will drop down and gravity will do the rest..lesson learned

Gamble
05-18-2017, 07:10 AM
http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/jim-carrey-yes-gif.gif
I laughed so hard at this:

CSA soldiers are generally less clean than Union soldiers. :D

samblues
05-18-2017, 07:44 AM
Woo great work Devs! But now I really don't want to go to work and im suddenly feeling rather 'ill' 😉

Legion
05-18-2017, 09:13 AM
Great news. Glad to see it finally here. At least now you won't have to worry about people bugin you about skirmishing release;)

Good Job Devs:D

Leifr
05-18-2017, 09:19 AM
Great.

Steiner
05-18-2017, 09:38 AM
Fantastic work devs, will check this out this evening!

Crabesquash
05-18-2017, 10:42 AM
Well done devs ;)

Respect. Now I just have to finish work... and than in the evening I will Kick some bluecoats ;)

Stalin
05-18-2017, 10:42 AM
RIP Exams

The Fearless Hussar
05-18-2017, 11:49 AM
thanks god I have already read for my exams and can spend some time in skirmishes! Superb work devs congrats!

Scrouch
05-18-2017, 11:59 AM
Already tested this morning (hello @GeorgeCrecy who TK us several times :D ) and looks gorgeous.

However I was annoying by the "blurring fog" beyond 100 yards, quite impossible to see enemies then no way to shot them :/

Legion
05-18-2017, 12:38 PM
Already tested this morning (hello @GeorgeCrecy who TK us several times :D ) and looks gorgeous.

However I was annoying by the "blurring fog" beyond 100 yards, quite impossible to see enemies then no way to shot at them :/

turn depth of field off

helped me.

Grant97
05-18-2017, 01:53 PM
Wow! That's great :D

TrustyJam
05-18-2017, 02:44 PM
Am I able to record this and post on Youtube? Just want to make sure before I do anything.

Yes. :)

- Trusty

-Mitchell-
05-18-2017, 02:47 PM
Great work, team!! Having a blast!

Lord_Byron
05-18-2017, 03:47 PM
mfw i didnt get a key for the skirmish so i cant play

dmurray6
05-18-2017, 04:14 PM
Would someone mind posting the textual content of the recent field report, I'm able to get to the forums from work, but for some reason they block the field reports page. :(

Dman979
05-18-2017, 05:10 PM
Great news! I can't wait till it's available for 1st Lts, too!

Best,
Dman979

[WoR] Kiff
05-18-2017, 06:50 PM
Yes yes yes!!! :d

samblues
05-18-2017, 06:51 PM
formations are fun6026

Potus
05-18-2017, 06:55 PM
Best news of the Year so far :D

Lord_Byron
05-18-2017, 07:37 PM
Would someone mind posting the textual content of the recent field report, I'm able to get to the forums from work, but for some reason they block the field reports page. :(

Characters

Added several dirt map variations for character heads & hands. CSA soldiers are generally less clean than Union soldiers.

Several updates to the character rig in order to optimize performance.

Added additional blanket roll patterns.

Added animated blood pools under dead players.

Overhauled all zouave uniforms.

Overhauled sack coats.

Sounds

Added new gunshot sounds with different variants for Springfields, Enfield, Whitworth & Sharps rifles.

Added new breathing sounds.

Added hit & breathing sounds for dying players.

Skirmish Areas

Added Sunken Road/Bloody Lane skirmish area. In this skirmish area, taking place at 9 o’clock, confederate forces will have to push through Piper cornfield in order to take up defensive positions at the Sunken Road. Union forces are deploying close to the Roulette farm and will have to charge over the rise in the landscape, disrupting the visibility of the Sunken Road.

Added Dunker Church skirmish area. This skirmish area is inspired by the half past 10 o’clock push made by Greene’s division from the direction of the burning Mumma farm towards the church which would eventually become the high-water mark of Union forces in the West Woods.

Added Lower Bridge/Burnside Bridge skirmish area. In this skirmish area, taking place at noon, Union forces, having deployed at the Rohrback farm, will have to push across what is to be one of the most iconic civil war battlefield landmarks to date, the Lower Bridge or Burnside Bridge as it would be known after, as well as Antietam Creek only to be faced by a steep slope of heights where the defending confederates will be waiting.

UI

Introduced first version of the new UI overhaul, resulting in a much nicer user experience.

Added drop down menus to the UI for easier option selection.

Animations

With the intensive drilling on the Drill Camp, both armies have now advanced their skills enough to reach three shots a minute with their muzzleloaders.

Slightly increased the transition speed from shoulder arms to the ready stance.

Slightly increased the speed of entering melee mode with no bayonet attached (rifle club mode).

Added new recoil animation to characters when firing. Should result in a less “stiff” look.

Greatly reduced the number of instances where animation glitches would result in a framerate drop.

Game Systems

Introduced the initial version of the Skirmishes gamemode featuring: team tickets, capture objectives, round timers and base spawn waves.

Added first, early version of the officer command “Form line”. When spawned as an officer, press Q to place the first end of the line and Q again to place the other.

Added initial version of the artillery shelling system currently being fired from off-map positions in Skirmishes. Take cover behind a fence or inside a building to increase your chances of surviving a barrage.

Overhauled the dynamic depth of field system, making it much better at detecting if the player is indeed looking at a single beam of a fence or not (until this fix, taking cover behind fences and aiming through them was close to impossible due to the dynamic depth of field kicking in). The dynamic depth of field system will also detect glass properly and allow the player to look through it.

Overhauled the freelook system, resulting in no more weird arms placement when using freelook at extreme angles.

Misc.

Added several suppression effects related to the new artillery shelling system.

Moved away from the experimental graphical feature “Global Illumination” due to a number of bugs. Players should notice a more consistent game visually because of this as well as better performance.

Added different screen effects depending on where you get hit.

Tweaked how the camera effects work when low on stamina.

Reduced radial blur when running.

Tweaked the draw near value for the first person camera resulting in far less clipping when standing close to objects.

Added 3rd Arkansas & 2nd Georgia regiments.

Expanded the focus area slightly when aiming.

Lots of additional fixes & tweaks.

Added lots of new and exciting bugs!

To Be Added

Here is a short list of features to be added in the near future:

Personal reinforcement tickets & flag bearer spawn system.

Class limitations in regiments.

Continuous updates of the UI, showing correct skirmish area maps in the deploy menu, more regimental info, more detailed winning & losing screens, sound options.

The ability to choose what specific rank & weapon loadout you’d like to spawn with.

Additional Skirmish areas - we have 10 planned and laid out for the Antietam map alone so far.

Balancing! Expect the first release of Skirmishes to be lacking any sort of balance initially.

is this what you wanted?

JaegerCoyote
05-18-2017, 09:30 PM
Im loving it while i can get on, also my first melee kill was clubbing a confederate with my 1861 on Burnside Bridge.

Scrouch
05-18-2017, 11:19 PM
Flanking CSA then stabbing the whole full column (10-12 soldiers) with my bayonets :rolleyes:

Bravescot
05-19-2017, 01:10 PM
I must say I am a touch disappointed with the community as things stand. Skirmish Phase 1 has been out for roughly 24 hours plus (Depending on where you live) and the community went from months of drill and formations and a friendly atmosphere to bickering like kids and running around like mad men swearing at one another and teabagging dead bodies telling them that they do the same to their mothers. I expect it from Pub players. They have no reasons to follow orders or hold formations but from some of the units out there I expected better. Naturally this isn't everybody as we had a great impromtued formation going on for the Union to try and take Burnside bridge.

It would be nice though to see people get a hold of themselves and just play together for fun and not get into fights over "Seniority" or "I got the biggest unit". The amount of fighting going on on the Reb's side when I took a go playing with them was appalling and deeply upsetting for the prospects of a community that wishes to remain on its own two feet.

Soulfly
05-19-2017, 01:30 PM
I must say I am a touch disappointed with the community as things stand. Skirmish Phase 1 has been out for roughly 24 hours plus (Depending on where you live) and the community went from months of drill and formations and a friendly atmosphere to bickering like kids and running around like mad men swearing at one another and teabagging dead bodies telling them that they do the same to their mothers. I expect it from Pub players. They have no reasons to follow orders or hold formations but from some of the units out there I expected better. Naturally this isn't everybody as we had a great impromtued formation going on for the Union to try and take Burnside bridge.

It would be nice though to see people get a hold of themselves and just play together for fun and not get into fights over "Seniority" or "I got the biggest unit". I amount of fighting going on on the Reb's side when I took a go playing with them was appalling and deeply upsetting for the prospects of a community that wishes to remain on its own two feet.

I agree, though you must add that the majority of these "special talented" players sound like they arent event allowed to play a 18+ game....i was very surprised hearing so many high pitched voices.

Kyle422
05-19-2017, 02:01 PM

It would be nice though to see people get a hold of themselves and just play together for fun and not get into fights over "Seniority" or "I got the biggest unit". The amount of fighting going on on the Reb's side when I took a go playing with them was appalling and deeply upsetting for the prospects of a community that wishes to remain on its own two feet.

Oh don't worry, should they start to act like those do on the DA severs I will drop the hammer and they won't like it. It's my goal to make War Of Rights to not turn into that. Kind regards

- Kyle

Bravescot
05-19-2017, 02:50 PM
When you tell your fellow teammates that we can work together to beat the Rebels
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/we-are-supposed-to-be-a-unit.jpg

A. P. Hill
05-19-2017, 03:52 PM
Let's face it, did anyone expect anything different than mob rule free for all on the opening of skirmish?

Once the uniqueness wears off, then organizations can start getting down to business. However, I would have expected units that have been in intense training during the training phase to stick together much more readily.

Crabesquash
05-19-2017, 04:49 PM
My experience was (and I am happy about that) different. I was on the map going around to find some allied forces and than, there was an officer who was collecting the men who were passing by. When he had +/- 30 men, he took one officer and half of the men to an attack line and ther rest of us was holding position behind the fence. When the bluecoats started their attack (in a line of +/-40 men) our attack line was hiding and marching behind them and than, the bluecoats has been wiped out from two sides and we won with only 3-4 casualties.

But, yes in other maps, example Burnside bridge, the union forces weren't able to conquer the bridge because there was no Team spirit. Every one was just running allone to the bridge and then they died alone... Well I hope that they will learn about it XD

Oleander
05-19-2017, 05:19 PM
From what I have seen in the little bit I have been able to play, the shenanigans have been isolated. I think everyone is riding the high of the skirmishes release, it will calm down I'm sure. However, I would hope a kick system is in the works for unruly players, I know we've talked about this before.

It would also be nice if people do a better job of censoring themselves in the game's voice chat. Trust me, I swear worse than a sailor back on land after 6 months at sea and I let stuff slip from time to time, but we do need to be considerate of other people. Remember, some of the stuff you say and do may end up on Youtube.

dmurray6
05-19-2017, 05:24 PM
Thanks Lord Byron, for posting the text! Much appreciated.

Oleander
05-19-2017, 08:51 PM
Just an FYI, Steam is apparently having issues across the network worldwide. Not sure if that is contributing to the problems.

TrustyJam
05-19-2017, 08:52 PM
Just an FYI, Steam is apparently having issues across the network worldwide. Not sure if that is contributing to the problems.

Yeah, we're using a steam master server integration in order to display the servers. They won't be joinable until steam is back running.

EDIT: Steam is up again.

- Trusty

Oleander
05-19-2017, 09:01 PM
About half of the connection managers are still down, but are slowly coming back online.

Volunteer
05-20-2017, 12:40 AM
35TH FR is a pleasure to read! :D

Jordon Brooker
05-20-2017, 11:24 AM
Slightly late to the party but... WOOOOHOOOO!

Lance Rawlings
05-22-2017, 05:11 AM
Slightly late to the party but... WOOOOHOOOO!

Never too late to get in on this action!

PGT Beauregard
05-23-2017, 04:08 AM
Outstanding!!!!!!!!

Storm57
05-26-2017, 12:23 PM
I downloaded an 1.1Gb update today. Is it a patch who fixes the bugs of the skirmishes ? :)

Hinkel
05-26-2017, 12:41 PM
I downloaded an 1.1Gb update today. Is it a patch who fixes the bugs of the skirmishes ? :)

We already had 6 patches after the skirmish release. You can check each update in the alpha forum :)