PDA

View Full Version : Cries of Death on the battlefield.

Historical Player
03-22-2015, 08:22 PM
I know that there will be cries of dying soldiers on the game, but what will they sound like? I picture some screaming for their moms or their girlfriends/wives. There are so many possibilities, but if I were to name them I would sound like a psychopath, lol. Maybe in the next dev update we could have a sample of this. I am also wondering if there will be war cries in the game? Like the Rebel Yell, the Yankee Yell, and many regiments had their own yell they did in battle, so will we be seeing any of these in the game?

MrAmerican
03-22-2015, 09:25 PM
I agree with this, war-crys and other calls would be amazing... but also it might take away from the experience if you were ordered to charge and you all stopped to sort through a menu on which war cry to use lol. Maybe a simple "hit a button and listen to random war-cry" system would work like in M&B: NW. You just hit "C" and there would be a randomized war-cry, that would be relating to your regiment, unit, corps, company, army, ect... that would be cool :) .

With cries of death... it is actually kind of funny but creepy that you thought of that :p . I'd imagine they would just be simple screams of pain or people drowning in their blood (The usual :p). Because if cries for family and loved ones and death and regret happened every time a person got shot then we would probably go insane. If the "real deal" can scar a person for a lifetime, PTSD for example, in just one small fight... then imagine us who play it over and over and over again lol. It may just be a game but if they are realistic enough to the point where you feel sad or bad for the virtual avatars that are being killed and dieing all around you, then that is where it becomes an issue nd you should draw the line :p .

Historical Player
03-22-2015, 10:03 PM
I agree with this, war-crys and other calls would be amazing... but also it might take away from the experience if you were ordered to charge and you all stopped to sort through a menu on which war cry to use lol. Maybe a simple "hit a button and listen to random war-cry" system would work like in M&B: NW. You just hit "C" and there would be a randomized war-cry, that would be relating to your regiment, unit, corps, company, army, ect... that would be cool :) .

With cries of death... it is actually kind of funny but creepy that you thought of that :p . I'd imagine they would just be simple screams of pain or people drowning in their blood (The usual :p). Because if cries for family and loved ones and death and regret happened every time a person got shot then we would probably go insane. If the "real deal" can scar a person for a lifetime, PTSD for example, in just one small fight... then imagine us who play it over and over and over again lol. It may just be a game but if they are realistic enough to the point where you feel sad or bad for the virtual avatars that are being killed and dieing all around you, then that is where it becomes an issue nd you should draw the line :p .
I agree, but not every person would be yelling the same thing. Some may not scream anything they just say "Guh". lol! I think it would be very interesting to lead troops through the Cornfield while men around you are screaming, because it would make it really authentic.

Caserta34
03-22-2015, 11:13 PM
Can't wait to hear the rebel yell

Rithal
03-23-2015, 12:29 AM
I can't imagine a civil war game WITHOUT the rebel yell! :D

Historical Player
03-23-2015, 02:57 AM
I can't imagine a civil war game WITHOUT the rebel yell! :D

The Rebel Yell shall live on forever!

Bravescot
03-23-2015, 07:29 AM
Could you imagine if they ended up releasing this with no rebel yell implemented.

William
03-23-2015, 09:47 AM
i love realsm (blood cries destroyed boddys ....... ) but i think it should be possible to turn the diying crys on and off and other realsmstuff for guys who donīt want it ^^

Historical Player
03-23-2015, 02:13 PM
i love realsm (blood cries destroyed boddys ....... ) but i think it should be possible to turn the diying crys on and off and other realsmstuff for guys who donīt want it ^^

"OH GOD I'VE BEEN SHOT! HELP ME MOMMY! THESE DANG YANKS HAVE KILLED YOUR BABY BOY! I'M GONNA BE WITH GRAMPA SOON!!! TAKE ME LORD JESUS!!!" That is one possible thing we could hear on the battlefield.

Bravescot
03-23-2015, 06:59 PM
"S*** Sarge' I got hit"
"Well that was careless of you wasn't it"

MrAmerican
03-23-2015, 07:36 PM
"OH GOD I'VE BEEN SHOT! HELP ME MOMMY! THESE DANG YANKS HAVE KILLED YOUR BABY BOY! I'M GONNA BE WITH GRAMPA SOON!!! TAKE ME LORD JESUS!!!" That is one possible thing we could hear on the battlefield.

*gets hit in legs by cannonball* "MY LEEEEEGGGGSSSSSSSS! I CANT FEEL ME LEGSSSSS!!!!!" :p

Hopefully we will have the feature to jump infront of the bullet to save your comrade beside you so you can have a real emotional talk before you bleed out:
*Jimmy jumps infront of the bullet*
Bob: "Jimmy nooo... oh jimmy nooo!"
Jimmy: "I... I did this... for ... for you Bob"
Bob: "Jimmy why why me! Why me!"
Jimmy: "Because I... I... I love you Bob..."
Bob: "I love you too, brother" *sheds tears*"
Jimmy: *smiles* "tell momma I love her and i'm sorry... *dies*"
Bob: *looks to heavens* "WHY GOD WHY ME WHY!!!"
Bob: *looks down and gets miniball to the chest* "Oughh... *sheds a single tear and then dies next to his brother*"
God: "kek kek lel you got rekt m8... tiem fur me 2 watch me dank memes now"

And scene *Applause* :p

Rithal
03-23-2015, 09:38 PM
*gets hit in legs by cannonball* "MY LEEEEEGGGGSSSSSSSS! I CANT FEEL ME LEGSSSSS!!!!!" :p

Hopefully we will have the feature to jump infront of the bullet to save your comrade beside you so you can have a real emotional talk before you bleed out:
*Jimmy jumps infront of the bullet*
Bob: "Jimmy nooo... oh jimmy nooo!"
Jimmy: "I... I did this... for ... for you Bob"
Bob: "Jimmy why why me! Why me!"
Jimmy: "Because I... I... I love you Bob..."
Bob: "I love you too, brother" *sheds tears*"
Jimmy: *smiles* "tell momma I love her and i'm sorry... *dies*"
Bob: *looks to heavens* "WHY GOD WHY ME WHY!!!"
Bob: *looks down and gets miniball to the chest* "Oughh... *sheds a single tear and then dies next to his brother*"
God: "kek kek lel you got rekt m8... tiem fur me 2 watch me dank memes now"

And scene *Applause* :p

It's fine. Bob and Jimmy will be together again in the next life..... as in when they respawn XD

Bravescot
03-23-2015, 10:27 PM
Meanwhile the General sits back at spawn and laughs at the cries of the dead

Historical Player
03-23-2015, 10:29 PM
"S*** Sarge' I got hit"
"Well that was careless of you wasn't it"

Lol, "Private what happened?" 'I got shot in the arm sir." "You must be a terrible soldier then." It would be funny if we could have custom cries in the game.

Historical Player
03-23-2015, 10:30 PM
Meanwhile the General sits back at spawn and laughs at the cries of the dead

And those sick people enjoy it! Except for Bobby Lee.

Rithal
03-24-2015, 12:28 AM
Lol, "Private what happened?" 'I got shot in the arm sir." "You must be a terrible soldier then." It would be funny if we could have custom cries in the game.

XD We always had a joke in our NW linebattles. Every time a newer member got shot we would call him a coward for dying XD

Bravescot
03-24-2015, 01:13 AM
If anybody gets hit by a cannon ball it's always "Who ordered you to catch that?!"

Rithal
03-24-2015, 01:48 AM
If anybody gets hit by a cannon ball it's always "Who ordered you to catch that?!"

Yeah. We sometimes said "Nice catch!" or "Touchdown!". If one of us got shot we would say "Mom! I caught it!"

Historical Player
03-24-2015, 02:18 AM
Yeah. We sometimes said "Nice catch!" or "Touchdown!". If one of us got shot we would say "Mom! I caught it!"

Then if you lose your head yell "MOM! Get the camera!"

Historical Player
03-24-2015, 02:20 AM
Then if you lose your head yell "MOM! Get the camera!"

I joke around with my guys during battles a lot, but my favorite saying is when someone gets shot. *Player Dies* "God Dangit you suck Private!" We all think it's funny, but my mercs think I'm serious, lol!

Rithal
03-24-2015, 02:21 AM
I joke around with my guys during battles a lot, but my favorite saying is when someone gets shot. *Player Dies* "God Dangit you suck Private!" We all think it's funny, but my mercs think I'm serious, lol!

Silly mercs!

Bravescot
03-24-2015, 08:53 AM
Ah the Merc. Likes to think he is part of the gang but let's be honest, he's there as a meat shield for the actual men.

Rithal
03-25-2015, 12:53 AM
Ah the Merc. Likes to think he is part of the gang but let's be honest, he's there as a meat shield for the actual men.

I tend to use other regiments as meat shields XD Especially the big ones where every person is a recruit that got the game two days ago. Those regiments are also very good at inadvertently attracting enemy artillery :D

Bravescot
03-25-2015, 08:55 AM
I tend to use other regiments as meat shields XD Especially the big ones where every person is a recruit that got the game two days ago. Those regiments are also very good at inadvertently attracting enemy artillery :D

91st and 63e best meat shields NA/EU

Zahari
03-25-2015, 09:26 AM
Remember about K-KA :D

Rithal
03-25-2015, 09:02 PM

63e does make a good meat shield. #youtuberegiment.... I mean what? Did I say something? XD

Bravescot
03-25-2015, 09:47 PM
Remember about K-KA :D

I like the K-KA. They're good to have as a fighting force not a meat shield.

Zahari
03-25-2015, 10:07 PM
BTW last score : 91st 5:5 K-KA

Bravescot
03-25-2015, 11:47 PM
BTW last score : 91st 5:5 K-KA

Doesn't stop me liking them.

Historical Player
05-26-2015, 09:44 PM
63E is my enemy! They are so annoying! I shall destroy all EU regiments!

Bravescot
05-26-2015, 09:49 PM
63E is my enemy! They are so annoying! I shall destroy all EU regiments!

Wow wow calm thyself! Please think about what you're saying! Declaring war on the EU community is like well....the Confeds going to war with the Union. You might win some epic battles but in the end you're simply out gunned.

Historical Player
05-26-2015, 10:19 PM
Wow wow calm thyself! Please think about what you're saying! Declaring war on the EU community is like well....the Confeds going to war with the Union. You might win some epic battles but in the end you're simply out gunned.

That's why I remain inside my fortress at all times with my Daletech Security System.

Rithal
05-27-2015, 12:56 AM

I don't know about that. Our superior ping will always win the day! :D

Bravescot
05-27-2015, 09:49 AM
I wish you gentlemen all the best in your war. How tall and board are you so I can get the coffins ready?

Historical Player
05-27-2015, 03:30 PM
I wish you gentlemen all the best in your war. How tall and board are you so I can get the coffins ready?

There shall be no coffins for the NA people! Our Ping and Superior time zone will help us win the day!

rebeldestroyer
09-14-2015, 12:17 AM
back to the topic of this thread maybe once we fund WoR and they get the almighty voice recording equipment they can record every world in every accent and when our character dies we can type in what they will say while dying. I know it's a weird idea but it might be possible

Rithal
09-14-2015, 01:51 AM
back to the topic of this thread maybe once we fund WoR and they get the almighty voice recording equipment they can record every world in every accent and when our character dies we can type in what they will say while dying. I know it's a weird idea but it might be possible

There are a little over 1,000,000 words in the English language. I doubt it would be plausible and because people who speak English tend to "raise" or "lower" their voices depending on the sentence, I doubt any of the sentences would sound fluent. :P

Ol Stonewall Jackson
09-14-2015, 02:07 AM
Not to mention the accent changes drastically from place to place in the states.

rebeldestroyer
09-14-2015, 02:17 AM
ok them maybe they can make it realistic. so lets say they include VOIP they when you get shot you have 10 seconds to say your " last Words" and then you cant talk when you are dead

Rithal
09-14-2015, 02:53 AM
ok them maybe they can make it realistic. so lets say they include VOIP they when you get shot you have 10 seconds to say your " last Words" and then you cant talk when you are dead

I could go for something like that I guess.

Bravescot
09-14-2015, 08:24 AM
I could go for something like that I guess.

*coughs out blood* Tell my wife..........I left the stove on *Dies*

Simon445
09-14-2015, 12:52 PM
I imagine when you get shot (and not completly dead)

- "Help me! Please somebody help me!" (But in a way it really touches you and you get goosebumps)

When you are near death:

- *Choking* "God blees C.S.A" or "God bless Union"

Rithal
09-14-2015, 08:32 PM
I imagine when you get shot (and not completly dead)

- "Help me! Please somebody help me!" (But in a way it really touches you and you get goosebumps)

When you are near death:

- *Choking* "God blees C.S.A" or "God bless Union"

Well knowing gamers it will be a little less heart-felt and a little more .... immature. Most likely a series of "faggots" and curse words. XD

Bravescot
09-15-2015, 09:08 AM
Well knowing gamers it will be a little less heart-felt and a little more .... immature. Most likely a series of "faggots" and curse words. XD

Could not have summed up gamers in better terms. I think we'll hear a few "Jet flue can't melt steel dreams" as well.

Soulfly
09-15-2015, 09:43 AM
According to another game or better a mod of it, death moans brings the game to another level. Though i would make them hardcoded...you may get an idea here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgDUEvcY_yY

Bravescot
09-15-2015, 07:37 PM
According to another game or better a mod of it, death moans brings the game to another level. Though i would make them hardcoded...you may get an idea here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgDUEvcY_yY

Aye but I recon you should not be able to hear them on your death the guys around you should be able to hear them

Rithal
09-15-2015, 11:09 PM
Yeah I would really like some death cries like how RO2 does them. Those actually sound real. Kinda make the hair on the back of your neck stand up. XD
I favor a system like that over a voip death cry system.

Historical Player
09-15-2015, 11:13 PM

21st Century gamers summed up in 1 sentence.

Macca
09-27-2015, 10:24 PM
Waiting to hear the screams of the dying on the battlefield. Now that'll be an interesting thing to listen to whilst playing.

That makes me sound like some kind of weird guy.

Bravescot
09-28-2015, 02:00 AM
Waiting to hear the screams of the dying on the battlefield. Now that'll be an interesting thing to listen to whilst playing.

That makes me sound like some kind of weird guy.

Yes......yes it does.