PDA

View Full Version : Communication between USA & CSA

Rithal
03-25-2015, 01:56 AM
As we are all aware, both sides of the war spoke the same language for the most part, and while not in battle, were surprisingly cordial with each other compared to other civil wars. Should War of Rights allow both sides to speak in VOIP between people? So, you can easily capture enemies prisoner, or a scout can hear the shouts of an officer on the other side of a tree line?

Caserta34
03-25-2015, 04:11 AM
I vote for phrases, what is VOIP

Rithal
03-25-2015, 04:48 AM
I vote for phrases, what is VOIP

I probably should have made that more clear. VOIP stands for "Voice Over IP" which means you can talk through a headset or microphone connected to your computer, and others in proximity to you in game can hear what you say. The "phrases" I put as one of the options is basically where generally, you would hold a key like "Q" or "T" and then a wheel would appear. On this wheel, you would see a list of phrases. If you click on one of the phrases, your actual character in game would say it, as opposed to you saying it in the case of VOIP. This is somewhat at a disadvantage to a VOIP system though, because you would only be able to say the phrases already loaded into the game.

Ry1459
03-25-2015, 05:02 AM
I probably should have made that more clear. VOIP stands for "Voice Over IP" which means you can talk through a headset or microphone connected to your computer, and others in proximity to you in game can hear what you say. The "phrases" I put as one of the options is basically where generally, you would hold a key like "Q" or "T" and then a wheel would appear. On this wheel, you would see a list of phrases. If you click on one of the phrases, your actual character in game would say it, as opposed to you saying it in the case of VOIP. This is somewhat at a disadvantage to a VOIP system though, because you would only be able to say the phrases already loaded into the game.

Also, typing would take quite some time if you were writing something out.

Bravescot
03-25-2015, 09:58 AM
It would make little to on scene for a bunch of Federal and Rebel troops to be a hedge apart from one another yet neither know that they're so close because VOIP is for friendly only. If an enemy officer is yelling on the other side of a hedge or wall you'd damn well hear it and then shoot the crap out of them!

Rithal
03-26-2015, 12:27 AM
It would make little to on scene for a bunch of Federal and Rebel troops to be a hedge apart from one another yet neither know that they're so close because VOIP is for friendly only. If an enemy officer is yelling on the other side of a hedge or wall you'd damn well hear it and then shoot the crap out of them!

My thinking exactly.