PDA

View Full Version : 5th Texas Company K

Tigernan
05-29-2017, 03:06 PM
5th Texas Company K
"Kabella County Raiders"

Introduction

The 5th Texas Company K is based on the real world Civil War unit out of Polk and Liberty Counties Texas. However, we have decided upon a fictional history and instead of being an artillery unit like the original company we are infantry based. Our membership will be from Kabella and Anainika Counties Texas, two fictional counties I created a long time ago for other purposes but have stuck with me through my life. Kabella is my wife’s maiden name and is used as an honor to her father who passed away a few years back. Anainika is a fictional American Indian tribe I created using the first two letters of each of my kids names. I mention these things to show the level of creativity I put into projects.

We are looking for maturity of character, those that can have fun but know when to “lock it up” and get serious. Attention to detail, being able to fight off that urge to use modern day tactics on the battlefield and do things “the Civil War way”. Pride in their unit, people willing to show a little bit of pride in the organization they belong to. Dedication to the company, people willing to take away from their real life responsibilities and time to be part of our company.

The mission of our company is to provide roleplaying and organized game play in a simulated Civil War environment provided by War of Rights. We hope to become a place where Civil War enthusiasts can enjoy the game of War or Rights in a structured, tactical environment.

Organization

We are going to be organized, as best we can, around a Civil War infantry company. While we are always learning more and more about the organization of Civil War units, we may make mistakes from time to time in our organization or tactics. While the game is in alpha our initial leaders will consist of those I have gamed with in other games. These are people I trust to be the initial leaders of the unit. However as we grow, those that are active and show that they can be a part of a tactical organization simulating a Civil War environment, have the potential for advancement up through the rank and file.

As we grow in numbers so will the possibilities, this encourages recruitment and growth. In a perfect world we will get to 100 members in strength which means that we will have three Lieutenants, five Sergeants, and four Corporals to lead the rest of the men. The plan for the moment is to have a Lieutenant for every twenty men and an NCO for every ten men. This strategy may change depending on recruitment rates or suggestions from the members that join our band of brothers.

Current Muster Roster (https://www.dropbox.com/s/esovqjs3i12ihpa/Muster%20Roll.pdf?dl=0)

As we grow in numbers so will the possibilities, this encourages recruitment and growth. In a perfect world we will get to 100 members in strength which means that we will have three Lieutenants, five Sergeants, and four Corporals to lead the rest of the men. The plan for the moment is to have a Lieutenant for every twenty men and an NCO for every ten men. This strategy may change depending on recruitment rates or suggestions from the members that join our band of brothers.

Requirements to Join

Like any organization, we have certain requirements for you to join us. And here they are:

You must be 13 years of age or older and of a mature mindset.
You must speak English and have the ability to use TeamSpeak 3.
You must be willing to follow our rules and regulations.
You must be able to dedicate at least an hour a week to the company.
You must be able to dedicate several hours on a couple of days, to receive initial training.
You CANNOT be part of another War of Rights organization. We do not allow dual clanning.

If you meet the above requirements feel free to join our TeamSpeak to find out more about us or just submit an enlistment request through the Company Tool. Also bear in mind that these requirements are subject to change, however if you have already joined our ranks you will be grandfathered in should one change that would have excluded you.

Initial Training

We intend to have a training program that every new join to our organization will be required to go through prior to being able to participate in organized battles. This training will include a brief orientation to our unit (every organization has an orientation; colleges, new jobs, the military). After that you will be introduced to the Civil War way of doing things. Some of you may be coming to us from other online shooters and well, War of Rights is not your typical first person shooter.

We are simulating a Civil War environment so you have to get used to the reload time of your weapon. You have to get used to taking command from officers. You have to get used to a myriad of things that the fast paced world of running and gunning does not prepare you for, so we will get your ready. This training also serves as a way for you and for us to figure out if you are a good fit for the unit or not.

We are basing our tactical training from Hardee’s Infantry Manual of 1861, and tailoring it to our gaming environment. Our training program will be subject to change as things are either added to, or removed from War of Rights.

In Conclusion

We intend to make the 5th Texas Company K as professional and fun as possible while straddling that fine line between realism and gaming. And while you might not be yelled at for not saying ‘sir’ to an officer but we do still expect a certain level of maturity, professionalism, attention to detail, and dedication to the company.

One last note, we do not currently have a website but should our membership grow and they desire an actual website, I will provide one so that we will have our own forums to communicate in and organize game play, etc. In the interim we are using Steam to communicate with members and that shall suffice until such a time that the membership want something else.

And before I forget, we can be contacted at:

Web Page: 5th Texas Company K (http://www.raider6.us)
Steam Group: Company K Steam Group (http://steamcommunity/groups/companyk)
TeamSpeak3: ts3.raider6.us
eMail: hawk@raider6.us

Thank you for your consideration.

Good hunting to you,
Alexander Xavier Hawk
Captain, 5th Texas Co. K

A. P. Hill
05-29-2017, 04:22 PM
Congrats!

Welcome to the CSA!

Saris
05-30-2017, 07:48 PM
Welcome to the Confederacy! We need more Texan boys, hurrah for Texas!

Beauregard
06-04-2017, 04:50 AM
Us company K folk do appreciate the welcome to the Confederacy. We are eager to fulfill our duties to the South and to Texas.

http://i.imgur.com/7HynIBm.png

Tigernan
06-12-2017, 04:20 AM
We have a web page and domain name assigned now!

5th Texas Company K is now located at:

www.raider6.us

It is under construction so bear with things if you go visit us right now. Main recruiting post updated with the new TeamSpeak and web page information.

And again, thanks for the warm welcome, see you on the field of battle.

Hawk

Saris
06-12-2017, 05:04 AM
We have a web page and domain name assigned now!

5th Texas Company K is now located at:

www.raider6.us

It is under construction so bear with things if you go visit us right now. Main recruiting post updated with the new TeamSpeak and web page information.

And again, thanks for the warm welcome, see you on the field of battle.

Hawk

Congrats!