PDA

View Full Version : A Unit Question

John Cooley
05-31-2017, 10:12 AM
I understand that it has been stated that for Historical Accuracy the names of companies that can be created is limited but ...
- Will other unit designations become available in future campaigns?
Will they be restricted to a certain set as well?
As an example, I wanted to form a historical Arkansas Cav unit but am unable to make anything except Infantry.
- If a unit was not involved in a future campaign will they A) be forced to sit out that campaign
B) be renamed to a unit that WAS involved OR C) be allowed to bend the accuracy rule?

Hinkel
05-31-2017, 11:02 AM
We will just support Maryland Campaign units for the next time.
Its not planned to add any others, before we add any other campaign into the game, since you are just able to play with these ingame.

The company tool will be linked directly ingame one day, so it wouldn't be authentic to play as a unit, which wasn't active in the Maryland Campaign :)

John Cooley
05-31-2017, 03:00 PM
Was my fear
Thank you for the swift reply

Hinkel
05-31-2017, 03:39 PM
Well you shouldn't be feared. Its an authentic and realistic system :)

Its easier to organize stuff that way and we are able to "unlock" new units with the war continues.

Lt. Johnston
06-22-2017, 07:07 PM
We will just support Maryland Campaign units for the next time.
Its not planned to add any others, before we add any other campaign into the game, since you are just able to play with these ingame.

The company tool will be linked directly ingame one day, so it wouldn't be authentic to play as a unit, which wasn't active in the Maryland Campaign :)

It would be great if yall added the Tennessee campaign

dmurray6
06-22-2017, 09:22 PM
It would be great if yall added the Tennessee campaign

In this same line of thinking, being from Maryland, its very exciting to have a game that takes part in an area in which you were born, raised, and have lived your whole life. Would it be possible for someone from CFG to discuss what went into the decision making and desire to portray this particular campaign of the American Civil War? It's awesome to know that people so far away have such ambition to take on this type of task. I'm curious what made the Maryland campaign the focus of your time and effort?

Crabesquash
06-27-2017, 11:16 AM
I know that this is out of topic, but it would be nice to have (in far future) a "christmas special" with Fredericksburg :P

Hinkel
06-27-2017, 02:58 PM
I know that this is out of topic, but it would be nice to have (in far future) a "christmas special" with Fredericksburg :P

Well, Fredericksburg as a "christmas special" would be very hard to archive.

Just the historical research and recreating the map in 1:1 (plus the work on the units) would take 2 years of development I am afraid.
Adding all the new units, creating uniforms, animations, new effects for the envirenment..

Fredericksburg would be an entire new campaign (for War of Rights 2 or as an DLC for example), you can't make a new battlefield as a small "christmas special" ;)
Battlefields like Fredericksburg deserve more attention and details, which would take several years.

TrustyJam
06-27-2017, 03:23 PM
Just to clear up some of what Hinkel is saying: We have no intention of creating a WoR 2. Not now, nor most likely ever. We wish to keep working on WoR and expanding it as long as we have the support to do so. :)

- Trusty

David Dire
06-27-2017, 04:22 PM
A year or so after WoR's full release, nobody would be opposed to "mini" DLC. Something lower quality, but still good. Reuse models, textures, as much as would help, smaller less detailed and less historical maps, I'd gladly take all of that for more official content. Even just creating specific maps/events, so only Marye's heights for FB, the union left flank at GB, Henry Hill at Bull Run. These could all be extremel small in comparison to the current map, yet still fun.

TrustyJam
06-27-2017, 09:20 PM
A year or so after WoR's full release, nobody would be opposed to "mini" DLC. Something lower quality, but still good. Reuse models, textures, as much as would help, smaller less detailed and less historical maps, I'd gladly take all of that for more official content. Even just creating specific maps/events, so only Marye's heights for FB, the union left flank at GB, Henry Hill at Bull Run. These could all be extremel small in comparison to the current map, yet still fun.

I'm not saying we won't do DLC in any shape or form I'm just saying we have no intentions of working on any other project than WoR. :)

- Trusty

SouthCarolina
06-27-2017, 09:29 PM
I'm not saying we won't do DLC in any shape or form I'm just saying we have no intentions of working on any other project than WoR. :)

- Trusty

I guess you guys are saying first we fully finish this project and then we shall see until that time we are not looking beyond into the future ?

TrustyJam
06-27-2017, 11:55 PM
I guess you guys are saying first we fully finish this project and then we shall see until that time we are not looking beyond into the future ?

No, we have no intentions of "fully finishing" (stop working on) WoR. The future for us is working on WoR. Period. :)

- Trusty

Kyle422
06-28-2017, 06:29 AM
I hope you guys do continue and move on to other campaigns in WoR I'd be willing to drop 60 bucks or higher for DLC's/campaigns. I am really hoping the WoR team leads to the Gettysburg Campaign ;)

A. P. Hill
06-28-2017, 02:00 PM
WoR, is a very generic title, but if you want to push the envelope, the war of rights (a.k.a. The American Civil War,) started in April 1861 and didn't really come to a finality until 4 years later, in April 1865.

;)

Legion
06-28-2017, 02:43 PM
I hope you guys do continue and move on to other campaigns in WoR I'd be willing to drop 60 bucks or higher for DLC's/campaigns. I am really hoping the WoR team leads to the Gettysburg Campaign ;)

I was working on Gettysburg but I put it to the side because I was too lazy to create all the assets, I don't see much point in creating new assets when the ones we have in game will work quite well seeing as there is very little difference in vegetation in the region, of course some assets will probably have to be made.

Hinkel
06-28-2017, 03:03 PM
of course some assets will probably have to be made.

The dozens of important farms in that area, with their spring houses and such + the entire town of Gettysburg, with accurate blue prints.
That would be more then "some" .. :cool:

But Gettysburg is a lovely location indeed! I enjoyed my trip to that battlefield.

Lance Rawlings
06-28-2017, 03:27 PM
The dozens of important farms in that area, with their spring houses and such + the entire town of Gettysburg, with accurate blue prints.

But Gettysburg is a lovely location indeed! I enjoyed my trip to that battlefield.

Yeah, ya know... Just an entire TOWN ;)

Legion
07-02-2017, 02:40 PM

Buildings are not difficult imo, it's just simple geometry. Trees and vegetation are what I struggle with the most.