PDA

View Full Version : Should the ticket counter and time remaining be permanently displayed?

Kane Kaizer
06-05-2017, 10:17 PM
Since I think this could be a workable compromise on the "kill count/indicator" issue, I wanted to try a poll to see what everyone else thinks. IMO, the ticket counter/clock should be kept permanently displayed since it contains important information and doesn't obstruct the player's view in any way that I can come up with or otherwise inconvenience the player. For me it's actually more inconvenient to have to keep pushing T just to check it for a couple of seconds. What do you guys think?

For clarification, the third option means pushing a button to bring it up indefinitely and pushing it again to remove it, rather than the current system where it simply fades out after a few seconds.

Saris
06-05-2017, 10:19 PM
It doesn't take that much to hit "T" often to see tickets and timer, I like the way the devs implemented it.

TrustyJam
06-05-2017, 10:22 PM
Thank you for the feedback.

We're very big supporters the UI only being shown when needed. It creates a much clearer game experience.

That being said, we might add a gameplay options setting that allows you to force it on at all times if you so desire. In terms of using the ticket counter as a way to see if you've killed someone; that is a thing we plan to remove by adding an update delay to the tickets displayed.

- Trusty

Kane Kaizer
06-05-2017, 10:29 PM
Thank you for the feedback.

We're very big supporters the UI only being shown when needed. It creates a much clearer game experience.

That being said, we might add a gameplay options setting that allows you to force it on at all times if you so desire. In terms of using the ticket counter as a way to see if you've killed someone; that is a thing we plan to remove by adding an update delay to the tickets displayed.

- Trusty

Out of curiosity, is that for any other reason or specifically to prevent players from seeing if the ticket count drops when they pull the trigger? No offense, but that seems a little like going out of your way to make sure players can't tell when they hit someone except at very close ranges. Could also be an inconvenience when, for instance, your team has 1 minute remaining to kill 10 enemy soldiers and everyone really wants to know how many are left at any given moment.

TrustyJam
06-05-2017, 10:48 PM
Out of curiosity, is that for any other reason or specifically to prevent players from seeing if the ticket count drops when they pull the trigger? No offense, but that seems a little like going out of your way to make sure players can't tell when they hit someone except at very close ranges. Could also be an inconvenience when, for instance, your team has 1 minute remaining to kill 10 enemy soldiers and everyone really wants to know how many are left at any given moment.

We're mean dudes that way. ;) To be honest I've thought of the possibility of removing a ticket count altogether and replace it with a much broader "morale status" of the army you're fighting for.

We won't go out or our way to inconvenience players, we go out of our way to get away from typical gamey notions in order to get more authenticity and immersion.

- Trusty

Kane Kaizer
06-05-2017, 10:51 PM
We're mean dudes that way. ;) To be honest I've thought of the possibility of removing a ticket count altogether and replace it with a much broader "morale status" of the army you're fighting for.

We won't go out or our way to inconvenience players, we go out of our way to get away from typical gamey notions in order to get more authenticity and immersion.

- Trusty

Interesting, would that mean that the exact number of kills would no longer be a factor or would the counter be "hidden" and the defeated team is "routed" when the invisible counter hits 0? And would other factors beyond kills contribute to the morale status?

TrustyJam
06-05-2017, 11:27 PM
Interesting, would that mean that the exact number of kills would no longer be a factor or would the counter be "hidden" and the defeated team is "routed" when the invisible counter hits 0? And would other factors beyond kills contribute to the morale status?

I won't go into too much detail about it as it's merely just an idea I'm tossing about at this point. :)

But yes, the main objective of it would be to only let players know the rough status of their army and not somehow magically know at what exact body count the fight would be won/lost.

- Trusty

A. P. Hill
06-06-2017, 12:29 AM

- Trusty

+1 6343

John Cooley
06-06-2017, 05:44 AM
LOVE the Morale idea ... possibly shown as a Sliding Scale meter
As to Thread Q and Poll ...
I would vote for T to be a Toggle switch ...
1 Tap ON then fades as normal
Double Tap stays ON and Double Tap turns OFF

rebeldestroyer
06-06-2017, 06:03 AM
I won't go into too much detail about it as it's merely just an idea I'm tossing about at this point.

But yes, the main objective of it would be to only let players know the rough status of their army and not somehow magically know at what exact body count the fight would be won/lost.

- Trusty

now that I think about it that would be a great idea because your run of the miill private or even captain won't know how many of the enemy are left. maybe higher ranks should be able to see an approximate amount like 50-100 or an interesting idea could be that as the battlefield becomes more smokey and abscured the margin of error of the approximate number increases

Charles Caldwell
06-06-2017, 08:12 AM
we're mean dudes that way. ;) to be honest i've thought of the possibility of removing a ticket count altogether and replace it with a much broader "morale status" of the army you're fighting for.

- trusty

yes!