PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Florida, Company B looking for men to take up arms!

Erwin
07-09-2017, 10:42 AM
2nd Florida

We are 2nd Florida, Company B. A few things about the company before we get into everything else.

History
The 2nd Florida Infantry was organized on April and July of 1861 and musted into Confederate service for a total of 12 months, or a year, into Lee's Army of Northern Virginia. The 2nd fought in battles ranging from the various battles for Williamsburg, Seven Pines, Gaines Mill and Malvern Hill in 1862.

By late 1862, E.A. Perry's newly formed Florida Brigade had been formed and absorbed the 2nd, alongside with the 5th and 8th Florida Infantry units. Perry's Brigade served under Anderson's Division of Longstreet's First Corps, of the Army of Northern Virginia.
Below is depicted E.A. Perry himself, the leader in charge of the Florida Brigade.

After the formation of the new Florida Brigade, they went on to fight in the Battles of Second Manassas, Sharpsburg and Antietam from August to September of 1862. After such time that Colonel David Lang (see below for a depiction) took command of the Florida Brigade and led them at both Fredricksburg in December of 1862 and Chancellorsville in May of 1863.

Under the command of Colonel David Lang, Florida Brigade also went on to fight in Gettysburg in July of 1863, where they were attached to Picket's Division and took part in the famous attack of the Union center on the 3rd day.

The Brigade went on to fight in the Battles of the Wilderness and Spotsylbania in 1854, where they were joined by the victors of the Battle of Olustee, the 9th, 10th and 11th Regiments. After such time that Brigadier General Joseph Finegan (see below for depiction) took command of the Florida Brigade.

As the war drew to a close, the Florida Brigade had kept fighting. They fought at Cold Harbor in June of 1864 and Petersburg during the wintertime. However, the Brigade retreated with the Army of Northern Virginia and formally surrendered with General Lee at Appomattox Courthouse on April 9th of 1865.
By the war's end, the 2nd only had 68 men left in its ranks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Goals
While are are currently only company size, the goals we are attempting to reach are much bigger. As I'm sure you'll see later on, I plan on setting up the entire Florida Brigade. But, of course, it'll be a progressive amount of work and build up to reach that goal, so here I'll outline the stepping stones to reach that goal!

Goal 1: Establish Company B with a minimum of 40 members!
Goal 2: Enlist the other companies of 2nd Florida to join forces! (will be done at the same time as goal 1)
Goal 3: Formally request command within Ewell's Division over the 2nd Florida companies, after the other two goals are completed.
Goal 4: Repeat steps 1 through 3 with 5th and 8th Florida companies, until each collection of companies can be formed into their respective regiments.
Goal 5: Establish the Florida Brigade within Ewell's Division.

These goals obviously will take awhile to to accomplish, but with patience, dedication and a good staff I don't doubt in the least the ability to accomplish these goals.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Schedule

The Following Schedule is the Company schedule. Times will be announced before events, and events can be cancelled at a moments notice.:

Monday: Free day (training can occur, but will not be a formal training.)
Tuesday: Officer/NCO Training. (Can occur either just in a voice channel, or in-game. Will be announced the day of.)
Wednesday: Free day (training can occur, but will not be a formal training.)
Thursday: Line Training.
Friday: Free day (training can occur, but will not be a formal training.)
Saturday: Skirmish Training.
Sunday: Division wide event. (usually)

Organization

As you have already probably seen, 2nd Florida falls under command of the Ewell's Division in the game. We are currently part of the 1st Brigade, and as such, we march alongside 6th Louisiana, 1st Georgia and 42nd Virginia. We hope that with Ewell's we can see a growth in the community of like-minded individuals with the purpose and drive to drive our Division to the top!

Contact
Captain Erwins Steam! (http://steamcommunity.com/id/FLErwin/)
The discord channel! (please request the role of WoR Soldier for access to the respective channels) (https://discord.gg/9WNGnCJ)

How to join

The steps of how to join are quite easy! Simply go to the War of Rights Company Tool. Ensure you are enlisted in the Confederacy. click the "search company" tab.
Use the filters as such: Army Branch=Infantry. State=Florida. Regiment= 2nd. Company=B. and just ensure the owners name is Erwin Johannes. Then click the volunteer button and wait to be enlisted!

Motto

The Official motto of the company, and any companies that will fall under the command of the 2nd Florida and then the Florida Brigade will be as follows: For Florida and Country!
This motto dictates the loyalty of the men, first to the Great State of Florida, and second to the Confederate States of America.

Roster

Commissioned Officers
Enlisted Men

-Captain Erwin Johannes
-Private Ben Powell
-Private ...
-Private ...

-1st Lieutenant ...
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-2nd Lieutenant ...
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-2nd Lieutenant Dodo
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

Non-Commissioned Officers
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-1st Sergeant J
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-Sergeant ...
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-Sergeant ...
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-Sergeant ...
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-Sergeant ...
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-Corporal ...
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-Corporal ...
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-Corporal ...
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-Corporal ...
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-Corporal ...
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-Corporal ...
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-Corporal ...
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-Corporal ...
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

-Corporal ...
-Private ...
-Private ...
-Private ...

A. P. Hill
07-09-2017, 03:40 PM
HUZZAH FLORIDA!

Congrats!

Welcome to the CSA!

Erwin
07-09-2017, 05:49 PM
Huzzah, Major General Hill! Thank you for the welcome!

Saris
07-09-2017, 06:27 PM
Welcome to the Confederacy!

Charles Caldwell
07-09-2017, 07:04 PM
Welcome boys

Erwin
07-09-2017, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the Confederacy!

Welcome boys

Thank you, boys! Glad to be starting my Company and hoping we can do a service to not only Ewells Division, but Florida and recreate the 2nd Florida Infantry!

Erwin
07-12-2017, 03:07 PM
just an update: We're still looking to fill our ranks. IF you are interested please feel free to comment here or message me and I'll help you ASAP

Erwin
07-14-2017, 02:01 AM
UPDATE: The format has been updated with the history, roster and various other things I believed were lack!

Sir_Squiggles
07-14-2017, 02:10 AM
Bump...this Guy knows his stuff and hes a great guy!

Erwin
07-14-2017, 06:56 AM
Bump...this Guy knows his stuff and hes a great guy!

Thanks!

Dether
07-15-2017, 05:58 PM
nice

Erwin
07-17-2017, 03:31 AM
nice

Thank you!

Erwin
07-21-2017, 01:53 AM
UPDATE: 2nd Florida has recently aligned 8th Florida, Company A with 39 members in an attempt to begin one of its goals. Prepare for a link to the Florida Brigade to be put up soon!

J__
07-21-2017, 04:50 AM
Best company tbh. Even though it's... f l o r i d a.

madd88
07-23-2017, 11:10 AM
Yep I think this guy is pretty cool

just a turkey
07-24-2017, 06:00 PM
St Petersburg reporting , sign me up!

Gator
07-24-2017, 11:11 PM
The greatest state ever. good luck with this. Maybe we can link up in game sometime

Erwin
07-25-2017, 12:11 AM
St Petersburg reporting , sign me up!

Join our discord so we can enlist you! https://discord.gg/Xkg9ze

PAIOLETTI
08-05-2017, 09:05 AM
Good luck with your Florida company erwin, i was proud to have you with the 6th Louisiana Tigers and wish you all the best!