PDA

View Full Version : Weapon reload

Simon445
05-13-2015, 01:23 PM
So will we have to click like "R" to reload or will it do by itself ?

And will we be able to cancel our reload in case we have to use bayonet ?

Soulfly
05-13-2015, 03:07 PM
The last question is a good one, that always botheres me in BG2

Simon445
05-13-2015, 03:34 PM
The last question is a good one, that always botheres me in BG2

Yea, BG2 needs to get that sorted out, annoys me too

Hinkel
05-13-2015, 04:37 PM
Without revealing to much:
You will be able to cancel the reload progress and continue, if needed ;)

Simon445
05-13-2015, 05:16 PM
Without revealing to much:
You will be able to cancel the reload progress and continue, if needed ;)

Thanks for reply ;)

Nice (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8c5wmeOL9o)

Julianator
05-14-2015, 05:52 PM
I hope its like NW

Hinkel
05-14-2015, 07:04 PM
I hope its like NW

How is it working in NW? I doubt that its very realistic there..

McClellan
05-14-2015, 07:10 PM

Farby as can be

Simon445
05-14-2015, 07:29 PM

this is how it works:

Fire < Left mouse button to reload < Reloading < walking forward or pressing left mouse button to cancell reload < pressing left mouse button starts reloading again

Rithal
05-14-2015, 09:35 PM
this is how it works:

Fire < Left mouse button to reload < Reloading < walking forward or pressing left mouse button to cancell reload < pressing left mouse button starts reloading again

I believe its more like Fire < LMB Reload < Can walk slowly while reloading towards the end (when pouring the powder) < RMB or moving too early cancels reload

I'm not sure if soldiers could walk while reloading in the Civil War though. It might have been possible but probably not among all of the chaos of battle. Will this be possible in WoR?

Julianator
05-14-2015, 10:04 PM
thats also good

GeorgeCrecy
05-14-2015, 11:41 PM
I believe its more like Fire < LMB Reload < Can walk slowly while reloading towards the end (when pouring the powder) < RMB or moving too early cancels reload

I'm not sure if soldiers could walk while reloading in the Civil War though. It might have been possible but probably not among all of the chaos of battle. Will this be possible in WoR?

During the Civil War, it was indeed possible to reload when crouched, prone, walking, and even running. I have done it myself, though it requires quite a bit of concentration to go through the steps properly while also running about. Doing so, however, makes it incredibly inefficient and possible to accidentally dump your powder or drop your cap with all the bouncing and jarring from your footfalls, let alone what happens if you trip or what have you. It will remain to be seen if these would be implemented.

Rithal
05-15-2015, 02:37 AM
I will honestly be happy either way. It would be nice if you could reload on the run but you did it slower, took longer between steps, and there was a chance that your reload would fail at any point in the reload simulating dropping the cartridge, ramrod, ect.

JG93
05-15-2015, 02:08 PM
Hope it is implemented in some way. Maybe slowed considerably. But it is possible to reload while crouched and while walking

Brother_Padre
05-31-2015, 07:50 PM

I do believe they were drilled to be able to reload on the move, I've got a reanactor in my NaS regiment and he says they reload on the move sometimes, maybe in the game they could make it so the reload is slower or more chances of a misfire (if thats implemented) if you reload on the move.

PurplePanda
06-09-2015, 02:48 AM
The reload animation they released looks so nice