PDA

View Full Version : Any people here from or currently live in Maryland?

DomDowg
08-11-2017, 06:16 AM
Read What's Below!

Anyways, I have no idea where this can go. It is not Off Topic. I am looking for people who are Marylanders. Whether you live here now or where born in Maryland. I am looking for Marylanders for the 2nd Maryland Company. I personally think that all Marylanders in War of Rights should join it's state's regiment in a Maryland Campaign ;). Anyways even if ya don't wanna join I just wanna see how many people live in the state we are all fighting over. If you wanna join P.M. me. If not well I know there are fellow Marylanders here. (Everyone is welcome to join though!)

P.S. I don't mean if you changed your forum thing to Maryland because that is where the game takes place. (I don't mean to sound rude.)

P.P.S. Mods this thread is a recruitment/ get to know. So I put it in the Companies General Discussion.

F. L. Villarreal
08-11-2017, 01:40 PM
I am not from Maryland but finished high school in Baltimore County back in 2003.

dmurray6
08-11-2017, 04:34 PM
You know I'm from Maryland, we've had prior discussions. The only thing that keeps me personally from joining a MD Regiment is that I've only tracked my genealogy back to the Civil War to my maternal Virginian roots. I have not been able to find any paternal Maryland roots back to that era, as of yet. So at this point, I've just found ties to, at a minimum, 6 Virginian ancestors that were all enlisted in Virginia Infantry and/or Cavalry regiments. I was born, raised, and still reside in MD though.

_Rider_
10-17-2017, 07:38 PM
Maryland born and raised and yes I still live in MD

US&CSAblood
02-02-2018, 04:16 PM
You know I'm from Maryland, we've had prior discussions. The only thing that keeps me personally from joining a MD Regiment is that I've only tracked my genealogy back to the Civil War to my maternal Virginian roots. I have not been able to find any paternal Maryland roots back to that era, as of yet. So at this point, I've just found ties to, at a minimum, 6 Virginian ancestors that were all enlisted in Virginia Infantry and/or Cavalry regiments. I was born, raised, and still reside in MD though.

Same here! Born in Olney, MD. Currently reside in Potomac, MD.

My Union soldier 3rd great grandfather died in Pennsylvania, so I've joined the Bucktails!

MajesticBiscuit
02-09-2018, 09:05 PM
I live in Maryland, in the Cumberland area.

Cyph3r
02-19-2018, 04:57 AM
I do not

McMuffin
02-19-2018, 07:03 PM
To quote the location description on my profile, "Was on the border of Kentucky, stuck in Maryland"

CSHawkeye
02-19-2018, 09:17 PM
I am originally from Northern PG County in Maryland (Town between Laurel and College Park). Lived in Maryland pretty much all my life up to 27, moved to Northern VA now.

US&CSAblood
02-19-2018, 09:27 PM
I am originally from Northern PG County in Maryland (Town between Laurel and College Park). Lived in Maryland pretty much all my life up to 27, moved to Northern VA now.

Nice! I work in College Park. :)

DomDowg
06-07-2018, 11:21 PM
Haven't seen many posts lately. Are there any other people from Maryland in this Community? I am looking to find how many people are on this forum who are fighting for their Mother State of Maryland!

A. P. Hill
06-08-2018, 12:04 AM
I'm here, but, Maryland isn't my mother state.

I'm what's known as a "god damned yankee!" :D

DomDowg
06-08-2018, 03:35 AM
I'm here, but, Maryland isn't my mother state.

I'm what's known as a "god damned yankee!" :D

My Mother State, To Thee I Kneel. Maryland! My Maryland!

Rusty Shackleford
06-19-2018, 03:51 PM
Baltimore here. My god, the city is such a shit hole now. It's sad :(

Shiloh
06-20-2018, 12:33 AM
I live just across the Potomac in Shepherdstown, WV... native New Yorker though so far from home.

Jason99vmi
10-13-2018, 10:11 PM
Born in PA but currently live in Frederick MD.

Ranere
12-18-2018, 03:42 AM
Born and raised in MD. Currently Eastern (outside the beltway) suburb of Baltimore. And Rusty is correct, Baltimore is an absolute shithole, outside of the Harbor and anything John Hopkins related.

Skycrawler
01-03-2019, 12:05 PM
Much to my dismay I am currently living in AA county.

RamRod73
03-27-2019, 09:16 PM
Born and raised in Bmore City but live in Seattle of all places. I would have loved to have joined any MD unit (USA or CSA) but the first day I on the servers I was invited to checkout and join the 1st NJ Co. A which I did. If a MD unit woud have contacted me first or if I would have seen your recruitment post first I would have joined your unit. See you on the battefield.

Matt(Fridge)
03-28-2019, 03:12 AM
She meets her sisters on the flame sic temper tis the proud refrain! Marylander through and through.

Rbater
04-02-2019, 05:00 AM
Crofton in AA County born and raised. Nice to see a good lot of Marylanders in here. Just joined the 1st Texas Discord too since I've played a few times on their server and had a fun time.