PDA

View Full Version : 14th Alabama Volunteer Infantry, Co. A-C

Zachary Stuart
09-04-2017, 07:49 PM
HISTORY OF THE 14TH ALABAMA VOLUNTEER INFANTRY
The 14th Alabama Infantry Regiment was organized at Auburn on the 1st of August in the year of our lord, 1861. With men from Montgomery and Auburn and the counties of Chambers, Jackson, Randolph, and Tallapoosa. It went first to Huntsville and remained until October, then to Fredericksburg, Virginia where it arrived in November. It was sent to Richmond to rest after suffering camp diseases, especially measles. Proceeding to Yorktown, it was brigaded under Gen. Roger Pryor of Virginia, Longstreet's Division. The command fell back with the army, and fought at Williamsburg with heavy loss to four of the companies. In April, 1862, it numbered 700 effectives. At Seven Pines, it was again in action, with but few casualties. It participated at Mechanicsville and was almost annihilated at Frazier's Farm and Malvern Hill, losing nearly all the officers, after charging the enemy's positions repeatedly (335 casualties.) It moved toward the Potomac with the army and was engaged with slight loss at the 2nd battle of Manassas (47 casualties). Greatly reduced in strength, the 14th fought at Sharpsburg, suffering severely in casualties. Placed in Cadmus Wilcox' Brigade, Anderson's Division (with the 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th Alabama regiments) it was on the line of the Rappahannock during the winter of 1862-63 and was in line of battle on the heights when Burnside was repulsed at Fredericksburg. The regiment was hotly engaged, with heavy loss (151 casualties), at Salem Church (at Chancellorsville). It went on the Pennsylvania campaign to Gettysburg, and of the 316 men engaged, 15% were casualties. The winter of 1863/64 was passed in camp near Orange Court House, and the 14th was engaged at both The Wilderness and Spottsylvania. Now in Sanders' Brigade, Mahone's Division, the 14th participated in the numerous struggles around Petersburg during the last 10 months of the war. It surrendered at Appomattox with only 70-80 present under Capt. Perry of Lowndes (Crute reports 11 officers and 180 men surrendering). The original muster was 1317 names; 250 or more died in battle, 350 died in the service, and 159 were discharged or transferred.

I. COMPANY ''WILCOX MEN''
7187 - COMPANY STATUS | ACTIVE

II. COMPANY ''FRENCH LEGION''
7188 - COMPANY STATUS | ACTIVE

III. COMPANY ''LAUDERDALE KNIGHTS''
7189 - COMPANY STATUS | ACTIVE

ENGAGEMENT HISTORY

- SECOND MANASSAS | VICTORY
- MECHANICSVILLE | VICTORY
- MALVERN HILL | INCONCLUSIVE

WE ARE THREE COMPANIES OF INFANTRY MERGED INTO A SINGLE REGIMENT. EACH COMPANY ACTS INDEPENDENTLY WITH THEIR OWN CAPTAIN, AND HAVE THEIR OWN INDIVIDUAL EVENTS BUT ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIVITY, SUPPLY AND TRAINING. THEY ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND REGIMENT-REQUIRED EVENTS AND TO ATTEND REGIMENT-WIDE MEETINGS.

REGIMENT OFFICER STAFF
COLONEL ZACHARY STUART (A COMPANY)
CAPTAIN MITCHELL BOYED (B COMPANY)
CAPTAIN COEUR DE FLANDERS (C COMPANY)

Timo420
09-04-2017, 07:51 PM
Good luck my friend, it is nice to see another Alabama company.

Saris
09-04-2017, 07:55 PM
Welcome to the Confederacy! I don't know if you can reserve A-C companies for 14th Alabama

Zachary Stuart
09-04-2017, 08:03 PM
Welcome to the Confederacy! I don't know if you can reserve A-C companies for 14th Alabama

I chose friends to form the B-C Companies, while I myself reserve A. But I can cancel out B-C and make them do their own forum's later.

Saris
09-04-2017, 08:05 PM
I chose friends to form the B-C Companies, while I myself reserve A. But I can cancel out B-C and make them do their own forum's later.

Well hopefully y'all can form the companies and start your Alabama Battalion!

Zachary Stuart
09-04-2017, 08:08 PM
Well hopefully y'all can form the companies and start your Alabama Battalion!

The idea we've had is reserve the A-C Companies early and build up overtime. Building one company at a time while the rest are reserved. Basically, muster slowly to where we're active and effective.

A. P. Hill
09-04-2017, 08:33 PM
Congrats!

Welcome to the CSA!

Zachary Stuart
09-04-2017, 08:53 PM
Congrats!

Welcome to the CSA!

Thank you kindly sir, hopefully you'll be able to make full use of the 14th Alabama Regiment in it's full size of Three Companies by the end of the summer. We plan to make it so.

Apple
09-05-2017, 04:32 AM
TO ARMS!

Welcome from the 1BVA!

Jack Woods
09-05-2017, 04:33 AM
Stuart is the first fella i met on the game, Awesome dude.

Hope your Company grows well, Good to know the 17th Mississippi Company A Will have some tough men fighting at our side :)

Zachary Stuart
09-05-2017, 10:25 PM
Stuart is the first fella i met on the game, Awesome dude.

Hope your Company grows well, Good to know the 17th Mississippi Company A Will have some tough men fighting at our side :)

I will happily see you on the field.

Revan
09-06-2017, 02:24 AM
Good luck to you all!

Zachary Stuart
09-06-2017, 03:18 AM
Good luck to you all!

Thank you! And God Bless you and your state of North Carolina!