PDA

View Full Version : The Battle of Antietam Sunday September 17th EU & NA Event

PAIOLETTI
09-05-2017, 08:49 AM
The Battle of Antietam Sunday September 17th EU & NA EVENT

155th Anniversary EU Event 4pm EST NA Event 8pm EST

On September 17th 1862, the Battle of Antietam was fought. It was the bloodiest day in American history with 22,000 casulties in just one day of fighting. However the battles outcome was rather inconclusive. General Robert E. Lee led his brave Confederates into Maryland, taking the war to the north for the first time. Union Commander General McClellan, who had a vastly larger and one of the best supplied armies in American history faced down his foe in Sharpsburg, Maryland, along Antietam Creek. Although the Confederates pushed back many Union advances, they were forced to retreat back into Virginia. McClellan could claim victory but, it was undoubtedly a pyric one. After the battle President Lincoln unveiled the Emancipation Proclamation, freeing the slaves of their bonds for ever more.

This month on the 17th will be the 155th anniversary of this epic battle. Ironically on the same day as i hold my Sunday Community Events. I shall hold two events on the great day of carnage. First at 4pm EST focused for EU players, the next at my regularly scheduled 8pm EST for the NA players. However both EU & NA Companies are welcome to attend both battles. Commanders, please let me know if your companies will be attending and how many men you can muster into the field for the event. I shall organize the events accordingly.

I do ask however that all who attend do so with good intentions, and plan to work together as a team. Commanders and they're subbordinates are expected to act as men of honor, and represent their companies accordingly. We hold this event to honor all those who bravely fought and died during this great struggle. We shall represent those noble men with pride and valor. I would also like to take this time to thank all those who have attended the Sunday community events for the last two months. All sides have conducted themselves well, and kept this great community together and have helped promote War of Rights to those who have yet to get the game. Recently we have been able to hold USA VS CSA events, so that both federals and rebels can fight with pride and represent their beliefs of freedom and states rights! May god bless all of you, America, and all those who we honor with this event that risked and threw down their lives for the principles of freedom and justice.

Below are a few of the latest Sunday Events that I personally organize and lead. Special thanks to Calibrated Core, Captain Cody of the 42nd Virginia (Ewell's Division) & Sgt. Saris of the 1st TX Regiment. Make sure to show your support to these wonderful guys and click that SUBSCRIBE button!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD-Jbu6Al6I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pruC_bKZTI&t=506s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt3bcBpox7E&t=835s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC_bzk5jIQc&lc=z23vunugbtmyen41zacdp432gzic1o3hnvzla1h5r3lw03c 010c.1503933673198516

FIGHT Black phoenix
09-05-2017, 11:17 AM
The Battle of Antietam Sunday September 17th EU & NA EVENT

155th Anniversary EU Event 4pm EST NA Event 8pm EST

On September 17th 1862, the Battle of Antietam was fought. It was the bloodiest day in American history with 22,000 casulties in just one day of fighting. However the battles outcome was rather inconclusive. General Robert E. Lee led his brave Confederates into Maryland, taking the war to the north for the first time. Union Commander General McClellan, who had a vastly larger and one of the best supplied armies in American history faced down his foe in Sharpsburg, Maryland, along Antietam Creek. Although the Confederates pushed back many Union advances, they were forced to retreat back into Virginia. McClellan could claim victory but, it was undoubtedly a pyric one. After the battle President Lincoln unveiled the Emancipation Proclamation, freeing the slaves of their bonds for ever more.

This month on the 17th will be the 155th anniversary of this epic battle. Ironically on the same day as i hold my Sunday Community Events. I shall hold two events on the great day of carnage. First at 4pm EST focused for EU players, the next at my regularly scheduled 8pm EST for the NA players. However both EU & NA Companies are welcome to attend both battles. Commanders, please let me know if your companies will be attending and how many men you can muster into the field for the event. I shall organize the events accordingly.

I do ask however that all who attend do so with good intentions, and plan to work together as a team. Commanders and they're subbordinates are expected to act as men of honor, and represent their companies accordingly. We hold this event to honor all those who bravely fought and died during this great struggle. We shall represent those noble men with pride and valor. I would also like to take this time to thank all those who have attended the Sunday community events for the last two months. All sides have conducted themselves well, and kept this great community together and have helped promote War of Rights to those who have yet to get the game. Recently we have been able to hold USA VS CSA events, so that both federals and rebels can fight with pride and represent their beliefs of freedom and states rights! May god bless all of you, America, and all those who we honor with this event that risked and threw down their lives for the principles of freedom and justice.

Below are a few of the latest Sunday Events that I personally organize and lead. Special thanks to Calibrated Core, Captain Cody of the 42nd Virginia (Ewell's Division) & Sgt. Saris of the 1st TX Regiment. Make sure to show your support to these wonderful guys and click that SUBSCRIBE button!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD-Jbu6Al6I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pruC_bKZTI&t=506s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt3bcBpox7E&t=835s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC_bzk5jIQc&lc=z23vunugbtmyen41zacdp432gzic1o3hnvzla1h5r3lw03c 010c.1503933673198516

Hi yaa!

Looking great wooooow vey interesting !

i hope we ll can do it with you ^^

Rainbow_Flyer
09-05-2017, 01:23 PM
Hope you don't mind if little old bugler Bates shows up for realism

F. L. Villarreal
09-05-2017, 04:01 PM
Is there no video of the valiant defeat the rebs faced this past weekend? lol

Revan
09-05-2017, 04:44 PM
"To Captain PAIOLETTI Ewell's 1st Division. The 21st North Carolina Company A is mustering a detachment. Unknown amount of troops. Will send additional telegram detailing reinforcements."

"Go get em boys! "

P.S. I hope everyone can get a big turnout for such an important 155th Anniversary. I hope to see tons o' Rebs, and Yankees a-like!

PAIOLETTI
09-05-2017, 06:41 PM
Thank you everyone for the support! I hope to see you all there and all are invited to come. Also I have received multiple private messages and i know many will be away for reenactments. However if you wish to inform your subordinates i would be proud to have all your companies attend the event.

Fubar
09-05-2017, 07:32 PM
I hope to be there.

[WoR] Kiff
09-05-2017, 08:21 PM
Looking forward to it, will be there!

Sir_Squiggles
09-05-2017, 09:01 PM
Is there no video of the valiant defeat the rebs faced this past weekend? lol

Someone should have recorded it because it rarely happens xD

F. L. Villarreal
09-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Someone should have recorded it because it rarely happens xD

Because the 2nd Massachusetts did not exist until the end of the summer ;)

Saris
09-06-2017, 04:14 PM
That sounds great, I hope I can make it! Thanks for the shoutout too!

Captain Armistead
09-06-2017, 08:50 PM
The 47th Virginia will be there, General

Dether
09-06-2017, 11:39 PM
Of course this part of the 15th Alabama will make it!

Profender
09-07-2017, 06:42 AM
Got a number of people confirmed from the 15th Alabama companies G/ H / I
And Company A(Germans) will attend

PAIOLETTI
09-07-2017, 07:54 AM
Got a number of people confirmed from the 15th Alabama companies G/ H / I
And Company A(Germans) will attend
Thank you 15th AL look forward to seeing MG Peursum, BG Martin, Dether and all the boys on the field!
Also thank you Captain Bailey! I look forward to seeing the valiant 47th VA!

FIGHT Black phoenix
09-07-2017, 01:22 PM
Hi gentlemans !

The 18th LA will be there too, i will bring maybe 3 or 4 boys, too small but we will form a line with you, many thanks to BG PAIOLETTI for invitation !

God bless the south !

"Faugh-a-ballaugh!"

MG P.Cleburne
COS of 18th LA

Leifr
09-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Likewise, I'll see about bringing three or four (including myself) from the 8thVA Co 'H'.

Stalin
09-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Regiment Name: Iron Brigade(Only 2 of the companies have members who have bought into alpha atm)
Troop Type: Sharps
Attendance: 4-8

Sorry the attendance isn't that high but with the game being in alpha although we do plan to move over from North and South it just isn't feasible at the current time due to the cost of the game, anyway will be good to see the rest of you there

PAIOLETTI
09-07-2017, 05:23 PM
Thank you Major Stalin, Leifr & Cleburn for your support. Together we will make this a great event! Appreciate everyones kind words and dedication to making this a great game and benevolent community! Top class guys here!

Timo420
09-09-2017, 12:01 PM
6th Alabama, Company H Would Like to attend, we should bring around 8-10 men.

Revan
09-10-2017, 05:23 AM
Great to hear! I'm glad that there is good turn out for this :)

John Cooley
09-15-2017, 06:08 PM
Ewell's Division's Cobb's Legion (GA) Company C will be there General.

Not having horses will never deter us from the Reconnaissance Cavalry's mission ....
Working in small teams providing Scouting, Sharpshooting and Harassment that causes the enemy to expend large amounts of resources to thwart the efforts of a few Dedicated, Skilled and Tenacious southern horsemen.
Being Force Multipliers ... the enemy’s confusion, chaos and anger are our Goal and road to Victory.

Leifr
09-16-2017, 11:22 AM
This is at 9PM BST tomorrow, correct?

Stalin
09-17-2017, 04:04 PM
Its 8pm British Summer Time I think, wish they would use an EU timezone to give a time for the EU event haha

MrMundy
09-17-2017, 04:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl7eAV6Yff8

Ignore the text flashing up, remains from something else. Sorry bout that

TwistedDNA
09-17-2017, 07:45 PM
Looking forward to tonight. If there are some who show up to ruin the event such as yesterday's.....They should be TKed on the spot. And every time they spawn. So tired of trolls ruining these events!

TrustyJam
09-17-2017, 07:49 PM
Looking forward to tonight. If there are some who show up to ruin the event such as yesterday's.....They should be TKed on the spot. And every time they spawn. So tired of trolls ruining these events!

TK'ing over and over is against the public server rules. Choosing not to follow an event isn't.

- Trusty

Profender
09-17-2017, 07:53 PM

There you go. You start team killing tonight I will contact the devs directly.

TwistedDNA
09-17-2017, 08:26 PM
There you go. You start team killing tonight I will contact the devs directly.

Didn't say I was going too personally, but ok developer police man guy.

Leifr
09-17-2017, 08:29 PM
Didn't say I was going too personally, but ok developer police man guy.

He isn't wrong.
Currently the best way to deal with folk disrupting regular server play is to directly contact the developers via PM with image/video proof.

PAIOLETTI
09-17-2017, 08:30 PM
Ok guys we are 30 minutes from the EU event portion of this event. Unfortunately my computer died so i will not be attending which is heart breaking but ive got a really solid team that will be organizing the event. Hop onto CSA Drill Camp NA 6 and we shall split up the teams then hop onto the server of the commanding officers choosing. No Tking, all men must act as gentlemen and represent their respective units accordingly! Good luck everyone, i wish you all the best and i wish so badly i could be there!

PAIOLETTI
09-17-2017, 08:32 PM
This is at 9PM BST tomorrow, correct?

Yes sir exacly 30 min from now!

TwistedDNA
09-17-2017, 08:35 PM
He isn't wrong.
Currently the best way to deal with folk disrupting regular server play is to directly contact the developers via PM with image/video proof.

Would that include those that disrupt the planned events. I know the last few have been ruined by those who think they payed they can do whatever they want. When we have passwords servers it can be controlled, but until then we have to deal with these sad products of low population.

LJPII
09-17-2017, 09:22 PM
Would that include those that disrupt the planned events. I know the last few have been ruined by those who think they payed they can do whatever they want. When we have passwords servers it can be controlled, but until then we have to deal with these sad products of low population.

Hear Hear!

F. L. Villarreal
09-17-2017, 09:28 PM
I'm just wondering why on earth developers are taking sides with those who disrupt events, these very same events are posted on youtube and more likely than not help advertise the game.

- Why not allow the forum moderators server moderation access as well?
- Why not sanction events held by alpha users that have put money down and supported the developers loyally???
- Why not make it a rule to disrupt events?
- Why not password lock sanctioned events?

Loyalty should be rewarded.

The guy who made racists remarks to me was banned for a day or so after being banned multiple times then allowed to return...coincidently he was a general tier donor.

TrustyJam
09-17-2017, 09:47 PM
I'm just wondering why on earth developers are taking sides with those who disrupt events, these very same events are posted on youtube and more likely than not help advertise the game.

- Why not sanction events held by alpha users that have put money down and supported the developers loyally???
- Why not make it a rule to disrupt events?
- Why not password lock sanctioned events?

Loyalty should be rewarded.

The guy who made racists remarks to me was banned for a day or so after being banned multiple times then allowed to return...coincidently he was a general tier donor.

We are not taking sides with those who disrupt events.

We are neutral. Public servers mean no event rules need be followed (although encouraged by us to do follow them). Strictly speaking, you guys might be as "disruptive" to the player just wanting to mess about.

The public server rules will not be changed.

Proper events with strict guidelines are for the various hardcore companies to host on their private servers.

I'm not sure why I'm discussing this with you as your view of our intentions, sadly, is already too skewed for you to take my input seriously if you do indeed we're treating different level of backers differently.

- Trusty

Leifr
09-17-2017, 10:04 PM

We were originally allowed access but the functionality was removed several updates ago, it wasn't a particularly elegant system and required an overhaul.
I believe that, very soon, we shall again be able to help administer the game servers properly.

There is no great conspiracy afoot here in this 'proof of concept'. :)

Oh, and the event tonight was great fun!

Stalin
09-17-2017, 10:41 PM
Was good fun, once it got started, hopefully we make the EU event weekly :D

FIGHT Black phoenix
09-17-2017, 10:59 PM
I wish to say thank to the organizers of this event, it was very difficult to join the server, because we were 5 of the 18th Louisiana and only 2 of my men could participate in the battle, it is true that for now we are still in Alpha so we must be patient with our dear developers who builds this game we congratulate them because without them, no game keep that in our minds.

Thanks again to BG. PAIOLETTI

MG. P. Cleburne
COS of 18th LA

PAIOLETTI
09-18-2017, 12:30 AM
About 30 minutes from now the 8pm EST NA Event will begin. Thanks to all those who joined the EU event
Also lets remeber this game is still in alpha so we dont have password protected servers yet...i understand it can get frustrating at times but lets try not to blame the devs or point fingers. Just enjoy the game as it is now, and eventually in the future im sure the game will progress. The jey is that we all get along now so that once password protected servers are open we can hold 1v1s. Good luck to all of you tonight!

F. L. Villarreal
09-18-2017, 03:44 AM
We are not taking sides with those who disrupt events.

We are neutral. Public servers mean no event rules need be followed (although encouraged by us to do follow them). Strictly speaking, you guys might be as "disruptive" to the player just wanting to mess about.

The public server rules will not be changed.

Proper events with strict guidelines are for the various hardcore companies to host on their private servers.

I'm not sure why I'm discussing this with you as your view of our intentions, sadly, is already too skewed for you to take my input seriously if you do indeed we're treating different level of backers differently.

- Trusty

My view isnt skewed, its based off of observation. The great thing about perception is that it can be changed by way of actions. The ball is always in your court as you are the developer and I am simply a guy trying to support a game with potential. Whether you choose to engage me in conversation is 100% up to you.

I asked you a series of questions that could have been answered and were not...none of them having to do with the content of the game.