PDA

View Full Version : Night/Day & Weather Cycle

Apollo
03-14-2013, 03:42 AM
How about a feature where the time of day, and weather actually changes. You could even set it up so the administrator of the server can change frequency of weather, and time it takes for day/night cycle, should this be possible in the game's engine.

Fancy Sweetroll
03-14-2013, 07:16 AM
It is indeed possible to have a dynamic weather system in the engine, but we don't have any plans for using it at the moment.

Nytech
03-15-2013, 03:05 PM
maybe we will make it as a Server Option, like:

- Time (Choose which time is it, this also changes the position of the sun and moon)
- Rain (On/Off)
- Wind (from which direction, the speed)
- Fog(On/Off)

This is just a list of things we will MAYBE include.

Wolfy
03-15-2013, 03:27 PM
That would be a amazing feature for LB's :P

William
03-19-2013, 11:57 AM
That would be a amazing feature for LB's :P

jesus
that would be awsome but other question will there be something to see in the darkness ??
like torches or something like that ???

and will there be rain and stuff that you need to walk slower in fields because of mud that would be awsome

Chris Mchayes
03-19-2013, 11:58 AM
overflowing rivers, hehe , getting your clothes wet, and gunpowder

Sgt-Frede
03-19-2013, 12:05 PM
I would guess PhysX would be very useful for water, if we want the clothes to drip.

William
03-19-2013, 12:11 PM
I would guess PhysX would be very useful for water, if we want the clothes to drip.

that is just awesome i hope you guys can do that

Wolfy
03-19-2013, 01:08 PM
Going on the idea of lights in the dark,i am pretty sure muskets had a small amount of muzzle flash so that would be a very intresting feature.Like a regiment sat in a cornfield and then the hill west of them starts lighting up with small burst of fire,followed by shots :P Pretty adrenaline filling experience

Fancy Sweetroll
03-19-2013, 01:38 PM
I am pretty sure we can do wet clothing without the use of PhysX :). And excellent idea Wolfy :p.

SgtPepper
03-20-2013, 11:25 AM
Going on the idea of lights in the dark,i am pretty sure muskets had a small amount of muzzle flash so that would be a very intresting feature.Like a regiment sat in a cornfield and then the hill west of them starts lighting up with small burst of fire,followed by shots :P Pretty adrenaline filling experience
since they were using blackpowder and not the smokeless gunpowder used today, "small" muzzle flash is slightly understated i would say :D

TrustyJam
03-20-2013, 11:31 AM
since they were using blackpowder and not the smokeless gunpowder used today, "small" muzzle flash is slightly understated i would say :D

Yup. Large pink and orange flashes.

- Trusty

William
03-21-2013, 06:14 AM
Will there be two diffrent relade animations for standing and crouching ?

TrustyJam
03-21-2013, 06:23 AM
Will there be two diffrent relade animations for standing and crouching ?

Not quite sure about that yet. We'll look into that when the first unit models are completed.

- Trusty

William
03-21-2013, 06:38 AM
Not quite sure about that yet. We'll look into that when the first unit models are completed.

- Trusty

that would be awsome because it looks funny if you stand and relode and then you crouch and suddenly the Musket is as half in the earth XD

TrustyJam
03-21-2013, 06:39 AM
that would be awsome because it looks funny if you stand and relode and then you crouch and suddenly the Musket is as half in the earth XD

Yeah that's true. We wouldn't want that.

- Trusty

William
03-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Yeah that's true. We wouldn't want that.

- Trusty

Thanks for that

Wolfy
03-21-2013, 05:02 PM
Consturtive response there ^^ ;) But animations are very important in any game.

PurplePanda
06-09-2015, 04:44 AM
I was about to start a post for this but saw this one! Bump to this idea

Estus
06-18-2015, 08:03 PM
Honestly, a day/night cycle is unecessary. It will only cause lag and performance issues.

Historical Player
06-18-2015, 09:59 PM
Honestly, a day/night cycle is unecessary. It will only cause lag and performance issues.

Only for wimpy computer like yours! lol, jk jk. I think it would be a great idea and it would switch it up in case the perfect weather and day time get boring.

TrustyJam
06-18-2015, 10:50 PM
No change in either performance nor server load regarding TOD.

- Trusty

Soulfly
06-19-2015, 07:30 AM
what just came into my tired mind, will there clocks ingame ? like this 1070 one for officers..would be nice somehow and they could plan night attacks or cancel attacks because night approaches

Rithal
06-19-2015, 08:00 AM
what just came into my tired mind, will there clocks ingame ? like this 1070 one for officers..would be nice somehow and they could plan night attacks or cancel attacks because night approaches

Yeah that would be cool. I like the idea of officers using pocket watches to coordinate attacks and ambushes.