PDA

View Full Version : Forum groups

Caserta34
06-09-2015, 05:13 AM
what is that and can I make like the 7th wv group

Historical Player
06-09-2015, 03:14 PM
Yes, it's pretty much like a Steam group. You can make as many as you please!

Caserta34
06-09-2015, 04:41 PM
I seen your group, but I looked it up and they didn't fight at antietam,so how would u still be able
To use your group and If u could I would like
To joing because the 36th Virginia had a lot of guys from where I live

Historical Player
06-09-2015, 06:27 PM
I seen your group, but I looked it up and they didn't fight at antietam,so how would u still be able
To use your group and If u could I would like
To joing because the 36th Virginia had a lot of guys from where I live

I will be playing with them in War of Rights and I know they weren't at Antietam but I will still be using them. I had other ancestors that were at Antietam with the 42nd Virginia Infantry. I wills end you an invite to the group. I had many ancestors in the 36th.

Caserta34
06-10-2015, 04:37 AM
I will be playing with them in War of Rights and I know they weren't at Antietam but I will still be using them. I had other ancestors that were at Antietam with the 42nd Virginia Infantry. I wills end you an invite to the group. I had many ancestors in the 36th.

Thanks man

William
06-10-2015, 08:43 AM
it would be awesome if you can make on "my profile" like regiment or clan or so that und your name is your Regiment or clan Tag or the name of what you write in ^^

Soulfly
06-10-2015, 08:59 AM
I was actually very surprised seeing all these groups, which state reserving/ representing certain regiments...

Brother_Padre
06-10-2015, 12:53 PM
I was actually very surprised seeing all these groups, which state reserving/ representing certain regiments...

I made a 20th Maine group for my North&South regiment (20thME) to use as a little sub-forum further on down the line but i believe there is another one but i#'m not sure about it :)

Octavian360
06-10-2015, 02:17 PM
I dont really agree with having regiments being setup or "claiming" them when there is no forum for recruitment yet - where the devs have already said that they dont want claiming to occur yet.

Brother_Padre
06-10-2015, 02:54 PM
I dont really agree with having regiments being setup or "claiming" them when there is no forum for recruitment yet - where the devs have already said that they dont want claiming to occur yet.

Seconded :)

Historical Player
06-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Yes, but we want our North and South regiments to be known on this forum for potential recruits, and it claims the name so we won't have to spill some blood!

Octavian360
06-11-2015, 06:05 AM
Yes, but we want our North and South regiments to be known on this forum for potential recruits, and it claims the name so we won't have to spill some blood!

Just because you come from a Civil War game doesn't mean someone else has any lesser right to holding that name when the time comes. If Dev's/admins continue to allow this to occur its a little contradictory to what they have been telling us previously to their reasoning in not setting up a recruitment forum.

Rithal
06-11-2015, 08:55 AM
Just because you come from a Civil War game doesn't mean someone else has any lesser right to holding that name when the time comes. If Dev's/admins continue to allow this to occur its a little contradictory to what they have been telling us previously to their reasoning in not setting up a recruitment forum.

^^^ This ^^^

TrustyJam
06-11-2015, 11:51 AM
You can form as many forum groups as you like. They won't have anything to do with actual group creations.

- Trusty

Octavian360
06-11-2015, 06:48 PM
You can form as many forum groups as you like. They won't have anything to do with actual group creations.

- Trusty

This is great and all but if you read through the thread these forum groups are being used to solidify the name as well as recruit. In essence, the forum groups are a quasi recruitment forum - which you stated you do not want to have in order to make sure names are not taken before the game is released.

TrustyJam
06-11-2015, 06:59 PM
This is great and all but if you read through the thread these forum groups are being used to solidify the name as well as recruit. In essence, the forum groups are a quasi recruitment forum - which you stated you do not want to have in order to make sure names are not taken before the game is released.

We're developing our own dedicated group tool. Having a forum group named something special won't have any impact on the names available in the group tool.

- Trusty

Caserta34
06-13-2015, 05:46 AM
We're developing our own dedicated group tool. Having a forum group named something special won't have any impact on the names available in the group tool.

- Trusty

I don't understand what you guys are talking about, so like will there be like a leader of a group or will it be a different one each time a new game starts

Rithal
06-13-2015, 08:40 AM
I don't understand what you guys are talking about, so like will there be like a leader of a group or will it be a different one each time a new game starts

I believe they are talking about dedicated groups for players that have one set leader.

Caserta34
06-13-2015, 12:18 PM
I believe they are talking about dedicated groups for players that have one set leader.

Oh ok thanks for the reply