PDA

View Full Version : I am new help me.

Hunter S
09-22-2017, 01:23 AM
I am new to this what are the steps I take to join this game and have fun. Btw I like to RP, in the videos i saw a lot of RP

Lyman Trumbull
09-22-2017, 01:32 AM
Hello Hunter,

Welcome to WOR and it's forum, I'm sure you will enjoy your time here.

To have fun, for starters, you could join in the game itself and join in with others to join for a skirmish or potentially a drill. Many of these events can be found here: http://www.warofrightsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?40-Events

Furthermore, since you do enjoy RP, I would recommend joining a company, there are many to choose from, though if you would be interested, feel free to join my company, the 66th NY, feel free to add me on Steam here: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198168271912/

Otherwise, I would recommend looking through the Union or Confederate companies via either the company tool, company list, or the forums itself.

Regards, Trumbull.

TrustyJam
09-22-2017, 03:23 AM
Welcome to the forum and to WoR!

Thank you for supporting its development. :)

- Trusty

FakeMessiah27
09-22-2017, 08:59 AM
Seeing as how your location says Pennsylvania, perhaps a good ol' Pennsylvanian company will be to your liking ;).

42nd Pennsylvania Infantry "Bucktails" - 2nd Battalion - Co. E & F ~ EU/NA (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?721-42nd-Pennsylvania-Infantry-quot-Bucktails-quot-3rd-Battalion-Co-E-amp-F-EU-NA)

Revan
09-22-2017, 11:36 PM
Greetings, let me first say, welcome! I would recommend attending some events with some units, and see how they operate. Then afterward deciding which unit jives best you you :)

FIGHT Black phoenix
09-23-2017, 02:55 AM
Welcome on the War Of Rights game you will found some good gentlemans and join some events , this community are very helpfull trust me ! ;)

Jim Bressler
10-08-2017, 08:44 PM
I'm just worried about some people out there who take their officer grade's to seriously and start barking orders at everyone. Is this game going to allow friendly fire? :) Thanks....................... Jimbo

Lyman Trumbull
10-08-2017, 08:50 PM
I'm just worried about some people out there who take their officer grade's to seriously and start barking orders at everyone. Is this game going to allow friendly fire? :) Thanks....................... Jimbo

I wouldn't worry if I were you, there are a plethora of companies to choose from, most of which do not bark orders. Moreover, friendly fire is currently allowed, though not through melee, only shooting.

Cookie
10-08-2017, 09:36 PM
Just join some Servers and take a look on the Event times.
I would recommend to join a Company because most Events are Company based.

USA Comapnies: http://www.warofrightsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?31-Companies
CSA Companies: http://www.warofrightsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Companies

McMuffin
10-08-2017, 10:36 PM

People will go as an officer and start giving orders, but they usually have good intentions and want to just try and create a realistic atmosphere and make it fun or more civil war like instead of the common running around and shooting people as a lone wolf theme that we can get.

J. Brenon
10-20-2017, 03:52 AM
How did you get your forum badge to match what you contributed? I donated and I cant seem to figure it out..

FIGHT Black phoenix
10-22-2017, 12:35 AM
you can get them when the game will be finish

Wolff818
11-03-2017, 03:11 AM
I guess my military background is showing, but here are my thoughts:
1. Without someone in command who can command you have a mob not a company.
2. Yelling orders in combat is almost essential in order to be heard at times.
3. This game is the most realistic game of it's type I have seen, strong commands are part of that.
4. Unless you are in command be ready to respond to any orders that may be spoken...or yelled.
I'm willing to bet if you follow those orders and work as a team you will enjoy this game.

Poorlaggedman
11-03-2017, 03:21 AM
You have to have confidence in the people in command. Not just whoever picks the officer class first. Integrating the company tool into the game isn't going to do anything. That's the last thing we need to choose leaders. It'd be better now if there was no officer class and let the cream rise to the top rather than perpetual fools taking a nearly worthless class at the ranges the engagement should be happening at and the Alpha testers listening to them religiously

hawker101
11-04-2017, 12:08 PM
I am also new here and would be interesting in doing a company

VOLCUSGAMING
11-04-2017, 04:01 PM
I am also new here and would be interesting in doing a battery

Welcome abroad, good to have you here! :) If you need help with anything feel free to ask.

DrumThumpinMonkey
11-04-2017, 11:21 PM
Welcome to the game!. Like many others have said attend some events and speak with people that you see in other companies. Do some asking around and see what other people say about companies you may be interested in joining, but be wary as some people may talk bad about a company just do discourage you and get you to join theirs. I suggest focusing on a company that is active and has the right amount of role play you are looking for.

Now for my shameless Company plug...check out the 14th Brooklyn Co B The Red Legged Devils! (http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?4637-84th-New-York-Company-B-(14th-Brooklyn))

AdolphVonPritz
11-06-2017, 03:55 PM
Well, I can't post new threads so I hate piggybacking on another.. I have emailed the contact@warofrights.com

email several times, I have pledged and paid through paypal, but I have not recieved a key to download the game. This was several months ago. Im hoping a moderator or someone from the Dev team notices..

Hienzman
11-06-2017, 04:07 PM
Well, I can't post new threads so I hate piggybacking on another.. I have emailed the contact@warofrights.com

email several times, I have pledged and paid through paypal, but I have not recieved a key to download the game. This was several months ago. Im hoping a moderator or someone from the Dev team notices..

Odd I have purchased access to the captain tier 3 times without having this issue hope things get resolved soon. Best of luck!

TrustyJam
11-06-2017, 04:51 PM

Hello,

Please send us a new mail to contact@warofrights.com with your purchase information and we'll help you out. :)

- Trusty

hawker101
11-08-2017, 12:15 AM
the game looks great