PDA

View Full Version : On the fence

javelina
10-01-2017, 02:02 AM
I love ACW. I'm a huge ACW history buff. Long time Grognard, who also combats online. Via ArmA, DCS, and all of the MP sim/games (just too many to list). Believe me, I've been gaming for so long. I've been part of Mil-Sims for quite a while.

My question is this, should I dive in with the Captain contribution, and give WoR a whirl now? I mean rather, is it really playable and enjoyable at this point?

I work in IT, and completely understand the development stages. Plenty of experience with PoC, alpha, beta, and the interactions of applications & tools functioning on top of the infrastructure....

Would love to join up, but would appreciate hearing some feedback...

TIA,

-Jav

David Dire
10-01-2017, 03:36 AM
I would say it is. The devs are adding a lot of content as of late and it's starting to shape up and, barring the max server size (64) its a very nice civil war simulator.

Dman979
10-01-2017, 04:01 AM
I would say not. Chip in something less, so you'll still get the game, but wait to see if it's right for you. If you like what you see, you can always up your pledge.
Also, you don't want to get burnt out on a game still in closed alpha.

Best,
Dman979

Saris
10-01-2017, 04:14 AM
I say least get the $35 Sergeant tier, you would still have to wait but early access is not that far away. If you would to go higher, then go higher and donate $69 to get alpha access.

javelina
10-01-2017, 05:17 PM
To support development (and my love of all ACW), I went ahead and made a Captain's pledge. (I did submit a badge/account link submittal. just waiting for that to come through). Catch you all soon on the virtual battlefields. :-)

A. P. Hill
10-01-2017, 07:36 PM
Congrats! Captain.

javelina
10-01-2017, 07:40 PM
Congrats! Captain.

From here in the Southwest, Gracias kind sir!

Dman979
10-01-2017, 08:19 PM
Congratulations, Captain!
IMO, joining (or creating, but that's a lot of work) a regiment really adds to the WoR experience. Are you planing on following any regimental colors?

Best,
Dman979

javelina
10-01-2017, 11:22 PM
Congratulations, Captain!
IMO, joining (or creating, but that's a lot of work) a regiment really adds to the WoR experience. Are you planing on following any regimental colors?

Best,
Dman979

would like to be part of, or help establish the Michigan Brigade. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Brigade Dismounted for now, of course. :-)

javelina
10-02-2017, 12:57 AM
Specifically, 5th Regiment. E Company. I'm partial to that County. Being born there. :-)

dmurray6
10-02-2017, 04:11 PM
To support development (and my love of all ACW), I went ahead and made a Captain's pledge. (I did submit a badge/account link submittal. just waiting for that to come through). Catch you all soon on the virtual battlefields. :-)

You've made a fine choice. I always go back and reference the fact that at some point in our lives, we've wasted $59-$69 on some shitty console game. So your money is much more well spent in this development effort. Just think, people pay that type of money for things like Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Monopoly, etc., on consoles. There's no brain power involved in that, just porting a TV show or board game to digital.

Flifflaren
10-26-2017, 12:07 AM
Well if you can stand some of its teething issues totally, just gonna have to wait for events for some actual players.

David Dire
10-26-2017, 12:48 AM
You've made a fine choice. I always go back and reference the fact that at some point in our lives, we've wasted $59-$69 on some shitty console game. So your money is much more well spent in this development effort. Just think, people pay that type of money for things like Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, Monopoly, etc., on consoles. There's no brain power involved in that, just porting a TV show or board game to digital.

Fuck enjoying anything other than a civil war game, amiright?

javelina
10-28-2017, 04:08 PM
it is a great game that only will get better. indeed!

Sock
11-25-2017, 07:04 PM
I would say it is worth buying the captain rank now, but that's just me. at the moment Game play and game mechanics are great. Everyone I have found of the game is good fun to play with and the community is quite enjoyable. the only downside I would say at the moment is that with the buy in price for the technical alpha the player base is relatively small and servers are often empty, as could be expected in a technical alpha.

Larson
01-10-2018, 06:57 PM
Yes

Scottvdken
01-10-2018, 08:29 PM
Yes

Original post is four months old..... and OP clearly backed already :confused:

Vulcarin
01-11-2018, 08:15 PM
Original post is four months old..... and OP clearly backed already :confused:

Look at you Scott already in here in the forums...Glad to have ya in 1st GA you seem pretty cool. Looking forward to some fun games

Wilhelm Dunkel
02-19-2020, 06:52 PM
The game is great!