PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Reg and Forum Questions

Flifflaren
10-27-2017, 02:14 AM
Ok first off I am looking for a reg I would love to know if anybody could recommend and active regiments.

Second off as far as the forum goes, would you consider the events page the best way to get to good events that actually get some players in?

Bravescot
10-27-2017, 02:35 AM
Depending on which side your looking at joining I can suggest a few units aside from my own ;).

USA EU: Co. A - K 69th New York and Co. A 52nd New York.

USA NA: Co. A 51st New York and Co. A 95th New York

CSA EU: Co. H & K 6th Alabama, Co. A 18th North Carolina and Co. B, E, F & H 1st Texas.

CSA NA: Co. B, E, F & H 1st Texas and Co. A, H & K 38th North Carolina

Numitor
10-27-2017, 02:43 AM
USA EU: Co. A - K 69th New York

https://i.imgur.com/VbSoXh4.png

Saris
10-27-2017, 04:29 AM
Depending on which side your looking at joining I can suggest a few units aside from my own ;).

USA EU: Co. A - K 69th New York and Co. A 52nd New York.

USA NA: Co. A 51st New York and Co. A 95th New York

CSA EU: Co. H & K 6th Alabama, Co. A 18th North Carolina and Co. B, E, F & H 1st Texas.

CSA NA: Co. B, E, F & H 1st Texas and Co. A, H & K 38th North Carolina

Pick bold ;)

Dman979
10-27-2017, 04:46 AM
I recommend the 42nd PAVI, Co. E or Co. F.

Full disclosure, that's my unit. :)

Best,
Dman979

DrumThumpinMonkey
10-27-2017, 05:33 AM
The 14th Brooklyn (84th New York Co B) is active and looking for members. Come join the Re Legged Devils!
http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?4637-84th-New-York-Company-B-(14th-Brooklyn)

-Capt Monkey-

Migs
10-27-2017, 07:50 AM
Im bias to my own 9th Alabama but aside from the 9th id recommend the 6thLA

brentcarter
10-27-2017, 08:34 AM
I would say just take your time in the game and play with some of the companies that interest you first and then join one.

Redleader
10-27-2017, 09:29 AM
I would say just take your time in the game and play with some of the companies that interest you first and then join one.

I would agree with 'brentcarter', enlisting is a big decision.
Not all companies have joined the battlefield as of yet or haven't formed up in numbers.

You could hope on during some events (mostly the servers are filled then) and see what fellow soldiers and officers you like.
The recruitment proces is ongoing, don't sign at the first opportunity.

I see you (Flifflaren) are wearing a Union uniform, we are known for our Southern hospitality ... so you can count on a warm welcome :)

Redleader
10-27-2017, 10:53 AM
Im bias to my own 9th Alabama but aside from the 9th id recommend the 6thLA

That's mighty friendly of you Migs :) The most important thing the confederacy is well organised and our regiments get along :)

Bravescot already gave a lot of options, for my personal experience with the North ... I would look into the 51st & 95th as they are mostly active.
Sometimes the 6th AL play Union, at first I was going to play Union (hence my avatar) but changed my mind later on.
Also for the CSA the 1st Georgia Company B under "Fubar" is an interesting option.

Flifflaren
10-27-2017, 04:53 PM
I would agree with 'brentcarter', enlisting is a big decision.
Not all companies have joined the battlefield as of yet or haven't formed up in numbers.

You could hope on during some events (mostly the servers are filled then) and see what fellow soldiers and officers you like.
The recruitment proces is ongoing, don't sign at the first opportunity.

I see you (Flifflaren) are wearing a Union uniform, we are known for our Southern hospitality ... so you can count on a warm welcome :)

I will definitely check that out.

Lyman Trumbull
10-27-2017, 06:30 PM
As said previous, I would recommend looking around the forums and deciding on your own unit, rather than listen to other suggestions.

I would endorse looking through the company tool and the company list thread in order to find any particular units that you may be interested in quickly.

The list being available here: http://www.warofrightsforum.com/showthread.php?2201-Company-List

Timo420
10-27-2017, 07:10 PM
I would suggest playing the game on like a saturday or sunday when there are events, so you can properly play with units and make a choice from there, the company tool is nice but like 50% of all companies on it don't even play.

VOLCUSGAMING
10-27-2017, 07:29 PM
...Also before all of these so called infantry men (AKA cannon fodder) get going I would like to point out there are also other types of units such as cavalry and artillery.:D

Redleader
10-27-2017, 07:57 PM
...Also before all of these so called infantry men (AKA cannon fodder) get going I would like to point out there are also other types of units such as cavalry and artillery.:D
If they add 'hospital stewards' I'll consider it ... after all you can't help the dead.

Dether
10-28-2017, 04:27 PM
I would suggest playing the game on like a saturday or sunday when there are events, so you can properly play with units and make a choice from there, the company tool is nice but like 50% of all companies on it don't even play.

this is EXCELLENT advice and I would like to add by doing as Timo suggests, that you will be able to see who ACTUALLY plays during YOUR time for play.. don't join some group who is across the world from you and expect to see them a lot.. take your time,,, think a lot,,, then decide, there is no reason to hurry. (as I did in the beginning)