PDA

View Full Version : Donaldsonville Artillery [LA(Bat.A)] (NA)

Hienzman
10-27-2017, 10:26 PM
Donaldsonville Artillery Battery A (Disbanded)

Unit History
"An old state militia company formed in 1837, the battery organized for Confederate service in August, 1861, and arrived in Richmond, Virginia, on September 5 with three 6-pounder guns. The government furnished three rifled cannons and ordered the battery to Yorktown. During the Federal operations against Yorktown, April 5-May 4, 1862, the battery occupied a position at Wynn’s Mill. At the Battle of Williamsburg, May 5, the three 6-pounders were engaged in defending Fort Magruder late in the action. The battery suffered no significant casualties. On June 1, the battery played a small part in the Battle of Fair Oaks. During the Seven Days’ Campaign near Richmond, the battery served with General James Longstreet’s division. The men saw action at Gaines’ Mill, June 27-28, and Glendale, June 30; 1 man was killed and 3 were wounded in those battles. The battery was attached to General Richard Anderson’s division of Longstreet’s Corps, Army of Northern Virginia, for the Second Manassas Campaign. On August 23, the battery had one section [two guns] engaged in skirmishes at Beverly Ford and Rappahannock Station but suffered no casualties. The battery fought at Sharpsburg, September 17, and again had no men injured. During the retreat from Maryland, the battery lost one gun, overrun by a Federal attack, and had 1 man killed and 2 wounded in a skirmish at Shepherd’s Ford, September 18. At the Battle of Fredericksburg, December 13, the battery occupied cannon pits to the left of the Plank Road on Marye’s Heights. One gun became disabled because of a broken wheel, and casualties amounted to 1 man killed and 6 wounded. The battery was not engaged in the Battle of Chancellorsville. In the reorganization of the army, the battery was assigned to the [Third] Corps. At the Battle of Gettysburg, the battery saw action only on July 1, 1863, near Cemetery Hill. The men fought in the skirmish at Williamsport, Maryland, on July 6 during the retreat from Pennsylvania. The battery was involved in both the Bristoe Station Campaign, October 9-22, and Mine Run Campaign, November 26-December 2. During the spring and summer of 1864, the battery participated in all of the operations of Robert E. Lee’s army, including the Wilderness, Spotsylvania, and Cold Harbor operations. The men occupied various fortifications in the Petersburg defenses during the operations there from the summer of 1864 to the spring of 1865. The battery was included in the surrender of Lee’s army at Appomattox, on April 9, 1865. Captain LANDRY, 3 lieutenants, 64 enlisted men, and 4 servants were present at the surrender. Of the approximately 158 men who served in the battery during the war, 16 died in battle and 20 died of disease." ~From Bergeron, LA Confed. Units, 29-30

About Us
Formed recently by Captain McGee the Donaldsonville Artillery are primarily a fun loving group of people who are serious when it comes time to drill,skirmish and battle. This means in discord sure we will mess around a bit and say some dumb stuff but in game our men are to be serious most of the time (with some exceptions). We are looking for more mature players to join our company (14+) we plan to do weekly drills and meetings. The Donaldsonville Artillery is also in need of Officers and NCO's who can be mature and maintain an able command. More is going to be expected from the NCO's and Officers they are expected to be more active than normal troops and will need to voice their opinions more often than not.

Joining
If you would like to join simply contact me on steam or enlist using the company tool. Please join our discord upon enlisting link can be found on the company tool as well as below this.

Captain McGee's Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/fuckboi4life/
Discord Link: https://discord.gg/SYQkGjG

Captain G. Moody
10-27-2017, 10:28 PM
Greetings brother! Congrats and good luck I am very happy to see more Batteries emerging

FIGHT Black phoenix
10-27-2017, 10:49 PM
hey mate,

happy to see you and build a artillery regiment from Louisiana i suggest you to join" Stonewall Jackson's Second Corps" we need some artillery in future !

if you need some information my ID steam II-[18th LA]Cpt.P.Cleburne dont hesitate to contac me and i explain what are let you know !

Cpt P.Cleburne
COS of 18th LA
Stonewall Jackson's Second Corps / 1st Brigade

Hienzman
10-27-2017, 10:58 PM
I have already contacted MG Paioletti and talked to him about the matter thank you though.

Hoss Biggins
10-27-2017, 10:58 PM
Good evening, I leave you with a blessing of chicken fluids, hopefully shielding our company. Long live the south.

A. P. Hill
10-28-2017, 01:35 AM
Congrats!

Welcome to the CSA!

Saris
10-28-2017, 08:16 PM
Welcome to the Confederacy!

Vito Gan
10-28-2017, 10:02 PM
Current Command Structure

Captain: Hienzman
1st LT's: Bob Vaughn, Vito Gan
Corporal: Lupus
Chaplain: Biggins

Steam Names: Hienzman:http://steamcommunity.com/id/fuckboi4life Vito Gan:http://steamcommunity.com/id/PayDayElite Bob Vaughn: http://steamcommunity.com/id/oh-well/

Hienzman
11-01-2017, 03:19 AM
Company drilled tonight here is a picture from the firing range

Hienzman
11-16-2017, 02:23 PM
Huzzah we will now be including EU troops and times into our battery. Drill times will be posted soon.

John Cooley
11-16-2017, 04:29 PM
Glad to see your Unit thriving and sporting that Fearsome II- tag.

"Artillery adds dignity, to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl.”
- Frederick the Great

Migs
11-17-2017, 07:15 AM
Nice!

Hienzman
04-10-2018, 03:10 AM
Welcome our newest member Private Carter. Huzzah!