PDA

View Full Version : Looking For N&S 1st Manassas

zimmer1lb
07-04-2015, 12:26 AM
I'd found it. I'd downloaded it, but it was a version not being played on the server and the page for an upgrade didn't work. Everything I found on ModDB was the old version. But they had "other" servers to go to and they had the new v.1.

Maybe the ModDB could be upgraded??? I lost a lot of time looking for the v.1.

Anyway, I died a lot.:mad: Long live the Cornfederarcee!!!

zimm out

Rithal
07-04-2015, 05:26 PM
They have it loaded up onto the steam workshop, however if you can't find it there this should work for ya

---------> http://www.moddb.com/mods/north-south-first-manassas/downloads/north-and-south-first-manassas

zimmer1lb
07-04-2015, 06:07 PM
They have it loaded up onto the steam workshop, however if you can't find it there this should work for ya

---------> http://www.moddb.com/mods/north-south-first-manassas/downloads/north-and-south-first-manassas

Thanks. I already have it. My point was the difficulty in finding it. Some of us aren't as adept to these things that others take for granted. (palm slap) Steam, of course.

zimm out

Rithal
07-04-2015, 06:17 PM
Thanks. I already have it. My point was the difficulty in finding it. Some of us aren't as adept to these things that others take for granted. (palm slap) Steam, of course.

zimm out

Oh. I just saw "Looking for N&S 1st Manassas" and went on a roll. Couldn't help it XD

Historical Player
07-06-2015, 05:32 AM
Oh. I just saw "Looking for N&S 1st Manassas" and went on a roll. Couldn't help it XD

If you get on a roll just go with it. Everyone else can get out of the way.

Rithal
07-06-2015, 06:43 AM
If you get on a roll just go with it. Everyone else can get out of the way.

Exactly! :D

Octavian360
07-06-2015, 02:55 PM
I'd found it. I'd downloaded it, but it was a version not being played on the server and the page for an upgrade didn't work. Everything I found on ModDB was the old version. But they had "other" servers to go to and they had the new v.1.

Maybe the ModDB could be upgraded??? I lost a lot of time looking for the v.1.

Anyway, I died a lot.:mad: Long live the Cornfederarcee!!!

zimm out

Why do you come to a completely different game forum and ask about N&S...

Rithal
07-06-2015, 07:58 PM
Why do you come to a completely different game forum and ask about N&S...

I'm assuming because he knows Hinkel, who is the community manager here, also is a lead developer on the team that brought us N&S. Also, many people here have experience with north and south. It was in the off-topic section after all so...

zimmer1lb
07-08-2015, 04:49 PM
I've noticed others here making mention of N&S and this is a site interested(?) in the ACW and gaming. But the problem I mentioned is far wider than you may realize. I've posted this on other Taleworlds forums wondering how many people (like me) gave up on a mod because it was way too difficult to access.(I'd spent several hours trying to get some mods to work) So it was also a curiosity as to why there isn't/wasn't a locked/dedicated sticky solely to just the downloads, upgrades, patches on the various sites. Anyway, there are a lot of people looking to game who aren't in depth computer gurus. People the community basically shuns. nuff said

P.S. thanks for the responses
zimm out

Rithal
07-08-2015, 10:55 PM
All you have to do is go to mod db.... click on Mount and Blade: Warband.... then scroll down until you find North and South. Then click it. Finally click the downloads tab and click the latest version... I'm probably about to sound like a condescending douche canoe but... whats hard about that? :D

zimmer1lb
07-09-2015, 12:05 AM
All you have to do is go to mod db.... click on Mount and Blade: Warband.... then scroll down until you find North and South. Then click it. Finally click the downloads tab and click the latest version... I'm probably about to sound like a condescending douche canoe but... whats hard about that? :D

LOL. Well Mr Douche ;), when trolling Taleworlds and one encounters a mod there.......the natural tendency is to work from there with not much reference to ModDB in most cases as not every mod is on ModDB. And as in my original post, you don't find the latest downloads for N&S on ModDB without fishing because the primary download places are taken up by the old downloads and if I hadn't fished I would not have the newest version. So, right now I'm goin online to play N&S to shoot your yankee keester.

zimm out

Rithal
07-09-2015, 06:22 AM
LOL. Well Mr Douche ;), when trolling Taleworlds and one encounters a mod there.......the natural tendency is to work from there with not much reference to ModDB in most cases as not every mod is on ModDB. And as in my original post, you don't find the latest downloads for N&S on ModDB without fishing because the primary download places are taken up by the old downloads and if I hadn't fished I would not have the newest version. So, right now I'm goin online to play N&S to shoot your yankee keester.

zimm out

XD

I guess mod db is always the first place I look for M&B mods. The only place really. Not many other places where people upload other than on Taleworlds.

I'm pretty sure Hinkel does a good job at keeping the mod db mirror updated so...

PS: I'm from Tennessee. Definitely not a yankee! :D

zimmer1lb
07-09-2015, 10:42 AM
XD

I guess mod db is always the first place I look for M&B mods. The only place really. Not many other places where people upload other than on Taleworlds.

I'm pretty sure Hinkel does a good job at keeping the mod db mirror updated so...

PS: I'm from Tennessee. Definitely not a yankee! :D

heheheeee

zimm out

Hinkel
07-09-2015, 11:08 AM
You just need to bookmark this page:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/north-south-first-manassas

Download the setup file.. run it.. and play it ;)